Fsu recruiting

All college athletes should be paid. End of story.

Ok we can pay athletes a salary but they can pay their tuition, books, and rooming on their own.

They can also pay for all their meals, their tutors they get, their unlimited access to weight room, etc....

If they were paid what they were worth they'd have no problem covering those expenses. NFL players don't have to pay for weight room access or meals not sure why a college player would.

Advertisement
Every school serious about football does it. Even the Stanford's of the world.

Agree but if we do it and get caught then we are done....

I wouldn't put it past anyone that the SEC schools have little trolls down here trying to catch Miami in the act to report us

Bottom line its a game we can't play right now

Ok we can pay athletes a salary but they can pay their tuition, books, and rooming on their own.

They can also pay for all their meals, their tutors they get, their unlimited access to weight room, etc....

If they were paid what they were worth they'd have no problem covering those expenses. NFL players don't have to pay for weight room access or meals not sure why a college player would.

Exactly.

And just because they are getting paid say 10k a year on top of scholarships, what prevents Lsu, fsu, fu, bama etc from paying more then the legalized limit? If it were that easy to just pay them all a set amount it would have taken place awhile ago.

How would we determine what each players worth...I just feel that would open up a plethora of issues. Players fighting amongst others that I'm worth more than him etc...

I agree with a stipend though. Each players gets X amount per month semester or however but these kids would blow through that money if you hand it to them and you'll be back where we started

Advertisement
And just because they are getting paid say 10k a year on top of scholarships, what prevents Lsu, fsu, fu, bama etc from paying more then the legalized limit? If it were that easy to just pay them all a set amount it would have taken place awhile ago.

EXACTLY
1402079260850.gif

Advertisement
Why these cats broadcast this **** is beyond me.

Sounds bad, but a lot poor kids do this. ****, I was them growing up. I did the same **** after I got my first real job in IT, flashing money everywhere I went.

Regardless of dollar amount in that pic, it's a lot more money they wouldn't have had before. These kids are more than likely at the beginning stages of becoming "new money". With being new money comes new money mistakes. For them, how they get it isn't as important unfortunately as how they carry themselves once they have it.

What is wrong with letting the market determine what their skills are worth? Why should they work for a reduced rate? I don't want to work for a reduced rate, do you?

How are you going to distinguish what a players value is? 1 st team all american vs. a 3rd team bench warmer?

Advertisement
Is that Lane and Cook? If so it csn be the refund check...

Edit: oops I see that it's Phillips... However, that's the first time I ever seen Cook smile...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back