FSU pulls franklin's offer?

Advertisement
I won't take canesman at his word...because his word was that 6 would be on campus and Matthew Thomas is in California currently

Word on Warchant is Johnson is "looking around" and they may have pulled his offer. He doesn't really have any other high level offers....so it's not hard to read into what's going on.

Noles have been shut out of SFLA since Randy took over.

They got a couple kids Randy inexplicably didn't want (i.e. Xavier Rodes, Patrick Robinson and Devonta Freeman)

Sorry gents, but I dont think Jimbo is that stupid. Its not like this guy doesnt know how to play the game. I doubt they flat out pulled the kids ship.

Most likely, they passed it off to one of the new coaches, who has been slow playing him, and he had read the writing ont he wall, or they have been subtly telling him they may want him to gray shirt, or told him they are going to move his position. There are a lot of ways to nudge a kid out the door, without pulling his scholie. I just dont see Jimbo being that flat out stupid. I dont doubt that they are doing things to push him out, and he's probably caught on to it, but I doubt they flat out pulled his ship. Unless he never had one period, or it was conditional, and now they are pulling the condition.

They got a couple kids Randy inexplicably didn't want (i.e. Xavier Rodes, Patrick Robinson and Devonta Freeman)

Naw man.

South Florida was open for business when Randy was here

Advertisement
Pretty sure he has an offer from Tenn and USF to play QB and an offer from FSU as a WR/DB. He is probably going to try and convince FSU to let him play QB this weekend. They are going to tell him thanks but no thanks and he will prob end up at USF.

Advertisement
Don't know where that info came from, but Franklin tweeted out a photo of the cookie cake and his hotel room. I don't think they would bring him on an official if they were pulling the offer.

So a kid that bleeds garnet and gold is now contemplating South Florida?

Doesn't believe he'll get a shot at QB at FSU and UT and USF are selling it hard. I'm still positive he ends up at FSU.
Ok tampaNOLE

Is Aquinas not in South FL? Pretty sure they've had quite a few from there. Now if you are saying shut out since Golden took over, then you are on the right track

Advertisement
Advertisement
the day they offered derrick green i knew it was over collins has been quiet on them, franklin who seemed to bleed fsu is taking visits and now he may be a NSD guy? everything screams that they pulled his offer

Agree 200%

Sorry gents, but I dont think Jimbo is that stupid. Its not like this guy doesnt know how to play the game. I doubt they flat out pulled the kids ship.

Most likely, they passed it off to one of the new coaches, who has been slow playing him, and he had read the writing ont he wall, or they have been subtly telling him they may want him to gray shirt, or told him they are going to move his position. There are a lot of ways to nudge a kid out the door, without pulling his scholie. I just dont see Jimbo being that flat out stupid. I dont doubt that they are doing things to push him out, and he's probably caught on to it, but I doubt they flat out pulled his ship. Unless he never had one period, or it was conditional, and now they are pulling the condition.

I agree with almost everyone of your posts. I believe that his commit was conditional and that condition has dissapated. Bye Bye.

I agree with almost everyone of your posts. I believe that his commit was conditional and that condition has dissapated. Bye Bye.

That, or they offered him only as a DB, and they are maybe giving him the cold shoulder too. Like I said, there are ways to nudge a kid out the door, without flat out pulling a scholie. As much of a scumbag as Jimbo is, I dont think he is that stupid that he would burn a SoFla kid that bad. Maybe if it was some OOS kid from bumbf*ck no where, but he knows word about stuff like that gets around, and he cant afford to be PNG in SoFla schools.

My guess is it was a conditional offer, and now they are finding a "condition" to pull it, or they are flat out telling him there is no way he gets a shot at QB, hoping that it nudges him out the door. The next step would be to give the kid the cold shoulder, (not returning calls, kind of blowing him off), then insist that he is going to redshirt, and if all else fails, they could tell him they want him to grey shirt.

Point being that there are a lot of ways to make the kid feel unwelcomed, without flat out yanking his scholie and burning major bridges in SoFla. Im sure they had this well planned as a contingency if they dont land Collins. Lets face it, they cant afford to be offering package deals like that, then get stuck losing out on the guys they really wanted, only to end up with the "buddy" they offered to get the big fish.

Advertisement
Back