FSU offense doesn't have a playbook

Do you think they can pull this off w/ their OL? Their RB corps is obviously more than capable.

Advertisement
Unless Biff gave you that almanac from Back to the Future 2 and this is the game summary from this years game which hasn't been played yet, it has no bearing on my belief that they'll be okay against Syracuse THIS year. FSU will improve.

so u know their OL will be better?

The real question for the semenholes on offense will be this I think...Willy's background is offense and if I understand correctly he only stepped away from running the offense last year....sooo it will be interesting to see how much he steps in.
I hope he steps in and they clash. That would be great.

In the end, the successful offenses on a yearly basis are the ones without a big playbook. A few plays, giving the QB the option to audible a single route or and/or check to a hot-route, and you just run those plays over and over again until you’re a master of them.

Advertisement
The thing is that Baylor and Oregon type of offenses under Briles and Chip Kelly are no longer new. The defenses have caught up. Defenses are playing lighter faster guys who can play in space. We have our striker which is us basically playing nickel with a safety instead of a corner. I'm not worried about their offense. You can't do much when your QB is lying on his back.

I watched some f the USF Houston game from last year. They run a fck ton of motion. It’s almost automatic for every play. They also try to run a play about every 15 seconds. USF was gassed.
They also benefited from a very good running QB.

Last edited:
How is this different from UM last year? Did we need a playbook for a total of four plays?

I still don't understand what Richt was squinting at on that long laminated colored sheet before every play.

so u know their OL will be better?
I'm working on all this with my Old Testament prophecy guy. (As you know his regular line of work is slow these days so he does sports on the side--he's now trying to get into elections). Whether we'll have an answer from him before the date of the FSU game--who knows.

Advertisement
In the end, the successful offenses on a yearly basis are the ones without a big playbook. A few plays, giving the QB the option to audible a single route or and/or check to a hot-route, and you just run those plays over and over again until you’re a master of them.
That seems to go against the conventional wisdom on this board which was that we had too few plays. Didn't Richt at least have the options you mentioned: to audible or check to a hot route?

It's the same Uptemo Spread they ran at Baylor & Houston.

They don't need to huddle because every play is a predetermined check based on the look of the Defense.

The OC is doing all the heavy lifting, as opposed to having the QB make the call, they wait until the Defense lines up depending what look they get the QB will look to the sideline & then check into the plays they were going to run.

When you see those big signs with a bunch of random pictures on the sideline, those are the signals for the which play to call & which audible to check into or out of.

The play call is solely based on the alignment of the Defense & the personnel. It's how the no huddle Offenses are so effective in moving the ball quickly because they don't have to substitute as often, they can go 100mph & run multiple plays out of the same look, while also having variations of different sequences to go with tempo.

Advertisement
LOL - BC and Syracuse will beat the brakes off them
LOL - Syracuse OL situation might be worse than FSUs, and they're breaking in a new Qb. They're basically running the same system that Kendalls daddy taught Dino. I'll go w the Noles here (itll be a shootout most likely).

BC lost to FSU last yr, but unlike FSU, they've made no schematic changes and theyre essentially the same team, except, minus their best DL and OL, who they really have no depth to replace. I'll take the Noles here as well.

I got FSU losing to us, Clemson, and possibly the Gates (if we dont put Franks down for the season like I'm hoping we do). Maybe a team like WF sneaks up and steals one.

Redskins fans were STUNNED when Robert could not execute a playbook but that is 100% accurate. Briles is a reaction offense that takes what the defense gives you. Fortunately the ‘Canes are quick and smart on D. FSU will benefit from this offensive style against high school teams (read ACC) but. Clemdump and Miami will be problems.

Advertisement
You realize Syracuse is loaded with arguably the best edge rush group in the nation right?
1. This wont be a defensive game. Both teams will likely end up with double digit sacks/tfls and the score will probably still be 40 plus on both ends.

2. FSU, like every other team that plays Cuse this season, knows the Oranges DTs are marginal at best and that they also lost their best LBs. FSU will be be able to survive against Robin's and co.

Listen, Cuse might be one of my fave teams outside of the Canes. I thought we shouldve hired Dino in both of our last two HC searches.

Theyre gonna lose to FSU.

LOL - Syracuse OL situation might be worse than FSUs, and they're breaking in a new Qb. They're basically running the same system that Kendalls daddy taught Dino. I'll go w the Noles here (itll be a shootout most likely).

BC lost to FSU last yr, but unlike FSU, they've made no schematic changes and theyre essentially the same team, except, minus their best DL and OL, who they really have no depth to replace. I'll take the Noles here as well.

I got FSU losing to us, Clemson, and possibly the Gates (if we dont put Franks down for the season like I'm hoping we do). Maybe a team like WF sneaks up and steals one.

Dino is legit, he’s ten times the coach that doofus is, and BC is solid.

Let’s see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Back