FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

The ACC is dead today or 10 years from now IMO. Big 12 isn’t going anywhere and will be the clear third p3 conference. Have the SEC take Clemson, FSU, NC, NC state, Virginia, V tech. Big 10 gets Miami, Notre Dame, Stanford, cal, Duke, Georgia tech. Big 12 gets Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Wake forest, SMU, Oregon state, Washington state.

Puts SEC at 22, big 10 at 24, and Big 12 at 22. Then call it a day.

If Oregon state and Washington state left out. Then send Duke and g tech to the big 12
I don’t know if it is clear that the big 12 will clearly be the third conference. Look at the recruiting rankings this year for everyone outside of Texas and Oklahoma. Most of them come in behind Duke because there is no big dog left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody was talking to you, little boy.
Larry David Sigh GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

As a professor once told me, if your strongest argument is public policy, you don't have an argument.

The other arguments, are obviously stronger. Penalty issues could make contracts voidable, but there is a lot more to it. The antitrust stuff scares college football people. We already know courts don't like college football model, and college football does not want the courts getting involved anymore than they already are.

I'm guessing, with the mention of Maryland's exit from the ACC, FSU is doing everything possible.to negotiate a much lower buyout here. It would not surprise me if they've been making phone calls to other schools to join and exert greater pressure on the ACC. I don't know what Miami's been working in or what their plan has been, but I would heavily consider making some noise moving forward if I were looking to leave...
If the ACC wants any shot at viability, I don't think it negotiates a lower exit fee for FSU. If it does that, everyone jumps in to leave. ACC's best bet is to prevail.

I don’t know if it is clear that the big 12 will clearly be the third conference. Look at the recruiting rankings this year for everyone outside of Texas and Oklahoma. Most of them come in behind Duke because there is no big dog left.
True, the schools left typically haven’t been the best at recruiting but do decent okay on the field. There’s no big brand left though. Basketball wise it’s still a good conference.

I was more so looking at it from a media rights perspective. Big 12 schools are going to be receiving about $51 million. Annually…number may change with the addition of the pac teams recently. I think ACC schools only receive around $35-$45 million. Plus the big 12 deal is up in 2030-2031 so they will have the opportunity to renegotiate again before the ACC can even do it once.

IMO the big 12 has a better chance at existing come 2030 than the ACC does making it the default third p3 conference

Advertisement
If the ACC wants any shot at viability, I don't think it negotiates a lower exit fee for FSU. If it does that, everyone jumps in to leave. ACC's best bet is to prevail.
True, but a loss in court for the ACC would kill it almost immediately. That's why most cases are resolved and don't go to trial. ACC eill no doubt evaluate everything, just like FSU. Is it better to get something and survive a bit longer, or risk losing and lose everything. It's a difficult choice and that is what FSU is banking on.

Maybe F$U is looking to be sanctioned by the ACC so they do not play in the Orange Bowl. It’s their new COVID excuse….Prison Mike playing Candyland, not Chess.

My good man, was curious why the Facepalm when I asked about UM joining lawsuit. Dumb idea? Just curious on your thoughts if you want to expound. Thank you sir.

Advertisement
Anybody "torn" about this or wanting to see FSU take another L....y'all need to check yourselves. Only one thing really matters: the U. Lets worry less about them and more about us. And if we want to take the program to the next level...we need to get out of this dying conference asap or we die with it. "But there is a 12 team playoff." It will not matter with the money gap between the P2 and the rest.

I hope FSU gets a full and resounding victory on this yesterday.

Advertisement
ONE QUESTION. We have been lead to believe that the GOR is a mutually committed document with the ACC AND ESPN through 2036. According to the FSU attorney, the only party currently bound is the ACC / Members ... and ESPN is committed through 2027 BUT has an option exercisable no later than February 2025, to extend 9 more years. SINCE THAT OPTION has not been exercised ... would it be feasible to settle .. "GOR is rock solid through the original 2027 date ... then expires". At least that would be a reasonable out period.

Anybody "torn" about this or wanting to see FSU take another L....y'all need to check yourselves. Only one thing really matters: the U. Lets worry less about them and more about us. And if we want to take the program to the next level...we need to get out of this dying conference asap or we die with it. "But there is a 12 team playoff." It will not matter with the money gap between the P2 and the rest.

I hope FSU gets a full and resounding victory on this yesterday.

I've maintained from the get-go that FSU and UM to the b1g is the most likely and best outcome. Two huge football brands, ratings dynamite rivalry, two warm-weather destinations for b1g fans.

UM should be filing the same lawsuit tomorrow.

What is said was the lead lawyer was a tallahassee yokel. This guy ashhurn. FSU undergrad, FSU law school. Tallahassee office.

Not exactly the credentials of justice louis brandeis

you don't get to be the managing partner of a GT office without being real ******* good at lawyering.

Advertisement
Back