FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

Just to have John Swofford and his kissing UNC Cousin (and Coke addict) John Skipper deposed and (even better) on the stand would be worth the million$ expended. Traitor Dan LeBastard would scream to high heaven his best buddy Skipper being exposed as a con man...Hmm, peas in a pod?
Excuse my ignorance, but who is John Skipprer?

This is really strange.
This can’t be normal contract practice.

These aren’t classified state secrets for gods sake.
What the **** is ACC doing here?

Advertisement
Really hope Miami gets off the sidelines and joins in. This isn't FSU's fight alone.
The Canes have a dog in this fight, but let FSU spend the money. The Hecht has to see where this case is going and just how strong the GOR is before they go to any of the donors for lawsuit money to take on Disney.

Right now, the important issue is Venue. The ACC just filed the lawsuit trying to Change Venue to Tobacco Road, if memory serves. They don't want this case tried in Leon County.

Besides, in the end, there is going to be a Settlement in which Disney is made Whole and the Universities involved all end up in new Conferences.

The Canes have a dog in this fight, but let FSU spend the money. The Hecht has to see where this case is going and just how strong the GOR is before they go to any of the donors for lawsuit money to take on Disney.

Right now, the important issue is Venue. The ACC just filed the lawsuit trying to Change Venue to Tobacco Road, if memory serves. They don't want this case tried in Leon County.

Besides, in the end, there is going to be a Settlement in which Disney is made Whole and the Universities involved all end up in new Conferences.
I guess I'm just naive. Our top rival is fighting alone for what ultimately will save UM football. Rather be in it throwing punches too than some beta strategic ****.

I mean on one level, this is the ultimate tails we win heads they lose argument for Miami fans – either FSU wins and we can get out easy or FSU loses, and we get to laugh out loud
I wouldn’t celebrate quite yet.
You best believe FSU is out, and I’m sure they already have a landing spot or they wouldn’t be using the nuclear option, there is no turning back now. They are out, just a matter how much it’s going to cost them.

No guarantee we’re going to the big10 or SEC.
Big 10 is probably the more likely out of sec and big 10, but if BIG10 gets FSU and let’s say ND in 2025 or 2026 and is not ready to expand further, we might be relegated to BIG12 or worse remain in the ACC.

This administration better be working back channel a to get a spot the big 10 or sec, or it’s pretty much over for us being a competitive program 10 or 15 years from now.

This is the nail on the head.

What UM should do, IMO, is let FSU carry the financial burden of this pointless lawsuit. Why do I say pointless?
First, because the ACC certainly had very good lawyers, as did the network. Both were trying to get on the same page and create a long term deal which is impossible to break. I would be very, very surprised if this rights deal was easy to break since the point of this type of deal is to make it hard/impossible to break.
So let FSU spend the money to either; a) lose a lawsuit or b) win a lawsuit which opens the door for very other school to inexpensively opt out of the rights deal.
No reason to help FSU.

Advertisement

What UM should do, IMO, is let FSU carry the financial burden of this pointless lawsuit. Why do I say pointless?
First, because the ACC certainly had very good lawyers, as did the network. Both were trying to get on the same page and create a long term deal which is impossible to break. I would be very, very surprised if this right deal was easy to break since the point of this type of deal is to make it hard/impossible to break.
So let FSU spend the money to either; a) lost a lawsuit or b) win a lawsuit which opens the door for very other school to inexpensively opt out of the rights deal.
No reason to help FSU.
Is this the type of thinking that brought the U brand to prominence. Sit out a fight to save us?

It may have already been discussed, but does anyone think the timing of this has anything to do with Rudy's tweet a couple of days ago? I only say that because this type of action would fall more into his wheelhouse compared to him getting involved with QB transfer or possible recruiting news—just a thought. Someone said we might be changing to Nike/Jordan, and I'm more inclined to think that's more applicable to Rudy... or I'm just getting trolled.

Advertisement

First, because the ACC certainly had very good lawyers, as did the network. Both were trying to get on the same page and create a long term deal which is impossible to break. I would be very, very surprised if this rights deal was easy to break since the point of this type of deal is to make it hard/impossible to break.
So let FSU spend the money to either; a) lose a lawsuit or b) win a lawsuit which opens the door for very other school to inexpensively opt out of the rights deal.
No reason to help FSU.
Don’t get me wrong, I despise the ACC, but it’s no accident that Radakovich and UM legal have acted like choirboys publicly whilst privately have been exploring legal options with Clemson and other interested parties while sounding out the B1G and the Big 12, including staying in a revised ACC.

Let FSU spend down their Donors cash on a legal fight that is going to have to end up in a negotiation anyway because that’s what the networks will demand. UM and Clemson see this.

Why doesn’t FSU?

This is the type of advice that attorneys give to their clients to maximize return on financial investment. Clients are alway free to ignore legal advice but it rarely improves the situation.
How does FSU losing this fight maximize anything for us? If you don't think us joining will help, ok. But the ACC holds no future for us and this is the only chance to leave before the pay gap is to wide.

This is really strange.

Would pay to sit in in a John Skipper deposition. Now, we’d be getting to heart of the larger ESPN/Disney influence & power.

How does FSU losing this fight maximize anything for us? If you don't think us joining will help, ok. But the ACC holds no future for us and this is the only chance to leave before the pay gap is to wide.
I think FSU will spend a lot of money to fight a losing battle. I don’t like us in the ACC either but i don’t think any school is getting out of this deal without paying the 120 million exit fee.

Advertisement
My comment is only about the futility of the FSU lawsuit. I am not supporting the ACC deal. But sometimes when you make a bad deal you are just stuck with it.

This is really strange.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/08/08/Champions/John-Swofford.aspx

This puff piece, which has aged as well as discounted milk, may help put my comments in context. Additionally, John Skipper, after completely shaking down his "friend" the naive Swofford ("got it down three years from 2039 to 2036") was fired as the ESPN boss after it was revealed he was a hardcore drug addict. Since leaving ESPN, he started Meadowlark Media, with Dan "Pell Grants" LeBastard.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You best believe FSU is out, and I’m sure they already have a landing spot or they wouldn’t be using the nuclear option, there is no turning back now. They are out, just a matter how much it’s going to cost them.

Big 10 is probably the more likely out of sec and big 10, but if BIG10 gets FSU and let’s say ND in 2025 or 2026 and is not ready to expand further, we might be relegated to BIG12 or worse remain in the ACC.

This administration better be working back channel a to get a spot the big 10 or sec, or it’s pretty much over for us being a competitive program 10 or 15 years from now.
Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

If we end up in the big 12 we should just fold the program

This is really strange.

My condo association does this with the official documents of the association. In any case, one could say the geographic location favors the North Carolina based schools.

Advertisement
Back