FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

👀👀👀 - yesterday Here comes the jurisdiction fight

race to the courthouse and looks like ACC just checked FSU potentially?

(Lawyer friends does this bring in federal?)

Did those dummies blow it by being too vocal about their intentions? They knew they had the 24 hour public notice. Why'd they go and let people know what they were going to do in the emergency meeting?

Advertisement
So….. was this part of UM’s plan? Have FSU take the lead and hope to take advantage of any residual fallout?

Advertisement
Can we PLEASE stop this jelly-spine argument.

As I just DM'd to another poster:

That is ANOTHER reason [choice of venue] why Miami should join in. Because you would then have TWO plaintiffs in Florida, and only "one" (the ACC) in North Carolina.
For the non lawyer here: can you explain why the venue in Florida is an important part?

Advertisement
The increasing penalty for leaving from 0$ (acc constitution) in 2010 to 572$ million in 2023 (penalty and gor estimate) is huge. Not only are there antitrust arguments, but the lack of consideration for ACC schools with that increase is glaring. Hard to defend such a one sided penalty with no new benefit for the schools. The media revenue have stayed the same since 2012. I like their chances especially in Florida courts.
I’m an engineer and don’t understand much of this legal mumbo jumbo, can someone tell me how the **** did the ACC schools get themselves into this mess? How can the penalty go from zero to half a billion in 13 years without ACC member schools signing off on it? Can the ACC just unilaterally increase exit fees on a whim?
God, I hope they are successful and we can get out of the incompetent third rate conference.

Welp, lets hope ***** remains undefeated.

Nah.

ANOTHER reason why you want to be a litigant (and not a *****) is that you get immediate access to documents and discovery.

And when you are dealing with a conference that kept the TV contract under lock-and-key in North Carolina...

I’m an engineer and don’t understand much of this legal mumbo jumbo, can someone tell me how the **** did the ACC schools get themselves into this mess? How can the penalty go from zero to half a billion in 13 years without ACC member schools signing off on it? Can the ACC just unilaterally increase exit fees on a whim?
God, I hope they are successful and we can get out of the incompetent third rate conference.

1. The penalties didn't increase by magic.
2. All schools voted on the REAL penalty (revised ACC Constitution), and some will argue they agreed to the FAKE penalty too (GOR).
3. The REAL penalty for exiting the ACC went from zero to $75-95 million (need to check numbers, I thought I heard 95, but F$U's presentation seems to say 75).
4. The FAKE penalty (the "damages" for breaking the GOR) are the ones that involve hundreds of millions of dollars, and are the ones F$U is challenging in court.

Advertisement
this is a massively important case tbh....but something tells me FSU doesnt escape unscathed no matter what the outcome...
my heart says "join in the fight!" but my head says "watch, listen and wait"....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back