FSU just cancelled classes for the whole coming week

Advertisement
Until Barry Jackson says something I'll take that report with a grain of salt. One source from the Tallahassee paper is what everyone's basing this on.

We should not play fsux on a Saturday and turn around and play GT the following Thursday.

It's at home, and all our coaches and players are familiar with GT. We should win even with the short week, no excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until Barry Jackson says something I'll take that report with a grain of salt. One source from the Tallahassee paper is what everyone's basing this on.

My daughter is in Tallahassee and sent me the email from the university that announced that it was closing until at least Monday.

Advertisement
We should not play fsux on a Saturday and turn around and play GT the following Thursday.

It's at home, and all our coaches and players are familiar with GT. We should win even with the short week, no excuses.

Exactly.... Excuse machine gaining full steam by the minute.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Moving the games is all up to TV.

I looked at that week. Only big game is UF LSU which CBS will most likely take. We can take the 8:00 spot which is currently unassigned. They could replace next weeks spot with UL CLEM. I think the only hurdle left is if GT is willing to move the game to Sat. After.

Logic says TV will mostly cooperate to avoid negative publicity. Between Harvey and Irma, there is a lot of attention being paid to storms and their effects.

My daughter is in Tallahassee and sent me the email from the university that announced that it was closing until at least Monday.

I believe that obviously lol It's the speculation that a decision could come tomorrow and that it's heading towards a postponement that I'm a little skeptical of. Seems a bit early to make that decision. A week out and the hurricane will be gone Monday. They can assess the damage first, unlike this week.

Advertisement

It's not about that. With preparation, GT is no threat to us. But adjusting to their scheme takes real prep and time. Why do you think we always schedule to have our bye before GT? It's a pain in the *** to completely change everything you do to defend the GT offense, but that's what you have to do. It's why I absolutely hate that we habe this obnoxious offense in our division.

Traditionally it was always the second week in October. I'll be fine with it because of the circumstances but I'd prefer Blackman not having any time to get his feet wet.

Advertisement
If the storm is gone Monday and doesn't directly hit Tally, the game will happen.

No, it won't.

Hermine did a number on Tallahassee last year, the outer bands from Irma alone are stronger than Hermine. 60-70 MPH sustained winds will do a number on those oaks & pines up there.

This is exactly correct. Tallahassee simply isnt prepared for hurricanes or even tropical storms. They city was shut down for at least a week for Hermine, and this could be much worse.

Irma is moving at 9mph now. She will not be past Florida by Monday. Will probably still be feeling her here in Orlando on Tuesday. Also don't be surprised by a Charlie path with her slowing down now. There's a couple models pushing the path back east now with the slow down. Miami should be spared the worst at this point though.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Exactly.... Excuse machine gaining full steam by the minute.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Really?
Who else has been feeding the "excuse machine"?

Advertisement
Back