FSU DUCKS ANOTHER TEAM

This is the annoying part, everyone here sits there acting like FSU is in the corner scared to play teams....lol which is the opposite of what we’ve known for 40 years playing them and have admired of FSU unlike UF. But instead everyone just repeats the same stupid **** about them being scared like theres no protocol around that **** that just forced us to miss games also, but that we tested positive for earlier in week.... and they repeat it without just ******* reading

You act as if F$U is some sort of an entity that has a consistent mindset.

You ignore the fact that all F$U actually is, from a policy and behavioral standpoint, is the product of their current University president, Athletic Director, Head Coach, and other administrative individuals.

Mike Norvell is not the "F$U" that "played Miami for the past 40 years". He is not responsible (good or bad) for the collective actions of F$U when Bobby Bowden was the one who decided to play Miami every year, whether we were in the same conference or not.

The current F$U employees are not the same ones who showed courage in the past. The current F$U employees are classless deadbeats who have run the F$U Athletic Department and football team to the point of bankruptcy, and are now forcing other ACC schools to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars to travel to Tallahassee instead of addressing (to the ACC and its member institutions) whether the current testing, travel, and test result protocols are adequate.

Advertisement
This is what is so insane.

Every single game...EVERY SINGLE GAME...requires one team to travel to another location. There are no neutral-site-bubbles.

And, in doing so, there are ALWAYS timing issues with the tests, and the results. Furthermore, a person who contracts COVID may start feeling bad and/or noticing symptoms AT ANY TIME after the test is administered.

If F$U, or any ACC member school, has ever felt that the timing of tests and test results and travel was INSUFFICIENT, they have had MONTHS to speak up in order to make that argument. F$U never did, and the F$U players and coaches were some of the more verbal individuals in the ACC who lobbied to play the games in spite of the risk.

This nonsense about "Clemson brought Covid positive players" is something that is a RISK in EVERY...SINGLE...GAME. There is, literally, no way to avoid it, short of having all players travel to the game site days in advance, administer the tests at the host school, and then quarantine all the players until the test results are in.

The fact remains, F$U has a better contractual excuse, and the F$U coaches have a better "fired for cause" excuse, if F$U cancels games due to COVID, rather than honestly and intentionally opting out of the rest of the season like many of their players did.
The medical staff gave cover for the cancellation and Norvell had their back at the press conference.

With 3 games left to play, including a guaranteed L that you could etch in stone to Clem$on, FSPoo was 2 losses away from their first 8-loss season since 1975, and potentially its 3rd most losses (2-9, had they lost to Clem$on, UVag, and Dookie) since men were (allegedly) permitted to enroll at the university in the late 40s.

Motive.

With 3 games left to play, including a guaranteed L that you could etch in stone to Clem$on, FSPoo was 2 losses away from their first 8-loss season since 1975, and potentially its 3rd most losses (2-9, had they lost to Clem$on, UVag, and Dookie) since men were (allegedly) permitted to enroll at the university in the late 40s.

Motive.
If you thought this year was bad, wait until next year.

Advertisement
The medical staff gave cover for the cancellation and Norvell had their back at the press conference.

I'm not sure which game you are referencing (the first?), but my point is simple.

Just about every other ACC game that has been rescheduled due to Covid has happened without the opposing team flying to the host campus and finding out about the cancellation mere hours before kickoff. Certainly, no other school has done that TWICE IN A ROW.

If there are issues with the testing & timing protocols, then F$U's "medical staff" should raise those with the ACC, and not just wait until 3 hours before kickoff to make a final determination.

I'm not sure which game you are referencing (the first?), but my point is simple.

Just about every other ACC game that has been rescheduled due to Covid has happened without the opposing team flying to the host campus and finding out about the cancellation mere hours before kickoff. Certainly, no other school has done that TWICE IN A ROW.

If there are issues with the testing & timing protocols, then F$U's "medical staff" should raise those with the ACC, and not just wait until 3 hours before kickoff to make a final determination.

I am sorry, but the highlighted portion just would not work at all. If Forfeit State's doctors raised their concerns with the protocols beforehand (as one would expect them to do in accordance with their ethical obligations), then Forfeit State might have actually had to play some of these games. Nobody (except FSPoo's opponents and their fans) wants that.

I am sorry, but the highlighted portion just would not work at all. If Forfeit State's doctors raised their concerns with the protocols beforehand (as one would expect them to do in accordance with their ethical obligations), then Forfeit State might have actually had to play some of these games. Nobody (except FSPoo's opponents and their fans) wants that.

Careful there, you might be slandering F$U without evidence...

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Advertisement
You act as if F$U is some sort of an entity that has a consistent mindset.

You ignore the fact that all F$U actually is, from a policy and behavioral standpoint, is the product of their current University president, Athletic Director, Head Coach, and other administrative individuals.

Mike Norvell is not the "F$U" that "played Miami for the past 40 years". He is not responsible (good or bad) for the collective actions of F$U when Bobby Bowden was the one who decided to play Miami every year, whether we were in the same conference or not.

The current F$U employees are not the same ones who showed courage in the past. The current F$U employees are classless deadbeats who have run the F$U Athletic Department and football team to the point of bankruptcy, and are now forcing other ACC schools to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars to travel to Tallahassee instead of addressing (to the ACC and its member institutions) whether the current testing, travel, and test result protocols are adequate.
Well by this same token we aren't the same as we were.......we aren't the same administration, the same coaches and the same winners. but everyone here wants to get treated like we are. Cry and ***** about the polls when we barely beat teams, etc. Like we are the 86 or 2001 canes. So guess if we can act like we are what we were, they can do the same.

Look i could give a flying ***c about FSU. I want them to lose every week. But I do respect the fact that school has always played everyone and took their beatings from us and kept going. I don't feel like i need to question that in a year that is insane and where our coach just today said that the final covid test results come the night before or day of the games and the decisions are basically out of your hands. So people want to sit here and make **** up cause it makes them feel better if FSU is down.

Lastly, I hate Dabo and Clemson. Dabo is a fake ***** that doens't give a crap about his players and is full of ****. I'm not taking his side over FSU. I'd prefer they both lose but that isn't an option sometimes.

Well by this same token we aren't the same as we were.......we aren't the same administration, the same coaches and the same winners. but everyone here wants to get treated like we are. Cry and ***** about the polls when we barely beat teams, etc. Like we are the 86 or 2001 canes. So guess if we can act like we are what we were, they can do the same.

Look i could give a flying ***c about FSU. I want them to lose every week. But I do respect the fact that school has always played everyone and took their beatings from us and kept going. I don't feel like i need to question that in a year that is insane and where our coach just today said that the final covid test results come the night before or day of the games and the decisions are basically out of your hands. So people want to sit here and make **** up cause it makes them feel better if FSU is down.

Lastly, I hate Dabo and Clemson. Dabo is a fake ***** that doens't give a crap about his players and is full of ****. I'm not taking his side over FSU. I'd prefer they both lose but that isn't an option sometimes.

Except Manny, for all the **** he deservedly takes on this board, played a game on the road against VT down 13 players. Then, on the Monday following that game (one of those "barely" wins you mentioned), UM announced postponement of its games against GT and Wake Forest, thus providing those teams with several days (and not just hours) notice so they could plan accordingly (and not waste hundreds of thousands of dollars).

Is this the first time the results have been that late? Do they not have access to the rapid test like a great many urgent care centers do? If your livelihood was based on getting the results in a timely manner, wouldn't you do everything in your power to make that happen? So if we're applying Hanlon's Razor, then FSU isn't scared, they're the most incompetent college football program in the US.

I don't think it is very difficult to discern between a team/school that has Covid issues and wants to play a game, and a team/school that doesn't want to play a games and is using Covid as a cover. Oddly (insert sarcasm), the schools with winning records seem to find a way to play or at least re-schedule whereas the failing programs can't find a way to play no matter the options presented.

I'm not accusing you of caring about or defending FSU. I am, however, accusing you of giving the benefit if the doubt where it is not deserved.

Advertisement
Blake james needs to grow a pair. He should be calling the ACC and demanding that if FSU is gonna play anybody its Clemson.

It looks like FSU doesn't get all the blame for cancelling UVA at the last minute. Clemson on the other hand....

Sure, this has been a crazy unprecedented year. Just one question - why is Floriduh State the ONLY school to have canceled on game-day? And they did it TWICE.

Sure, I’m willing to believe that they were “virus compromised” (well, that, and the 8 or so week 1 starters that have “opted out” during this abortion of a season) against Virginia. Still a ***** move to make uva fly to Tallahassee. But anyone that thinks they didn’t use covid as a useful excuse to duck an assbeating from Clemson is just being willfully ignorant.

Advertisement
The FSU program is falling apart. FSU is also now losing recruits right and left. FSU lost Branden Jennings to Michigan last week, and now FSU just lost QB Luke Altmyer to Ole Miss.

Except Manny, for all the **** he deservedly takes on this board, played a game on the road against VT down 13 players. Then, on the Monday following that game (one of those "barely" wins you mentioned), UM announced postponement of its games against GT and Wake Forest, thus providing those teams with several days (and not just hours) notice so they could plan accordingly (and not waste hundreds of thousands of dollars).
I think this is the last I'll post on this cause no one actually knows anything on it. But i'll say this, I'm not a huge fan of Manny's and I have serious doubts he''ll succeed here. But I really really hope he does cause i'm tired of missing the old days. Having said that, he deserves a **** load of credit for this season and keeping team together and getting wins.

On the other hand, however, I don't automatically give him praise for playing a game shorthanded and/or maybe exposing kids to issues if that happened since we then postponed monday. I don't know all the details.....but unlike alot of the macho badasses on this site that talk alot of ****, I think its just football and not life or death right now. There have been several cases now of athletes with significant issues and that should be priority one. The worst that can happen is one of these kids becoming seriously sick

Advertisement
Back