Fsu depth chart

Advertisement
can't do that all game
We Can’t, and as productive as burns can be I dont Think he can take over a game. And he takes himself out of plays a lot when on the field with the way he rushes the passer

I expect our best performance of the year & for our o-line to dominate & backs to take over. Don’t think Perry even throws it 20 times Saturday. I expect to punish them with our powerful backs.

Advertisement
I expect our best performance of the year & for our o-line to dominate & backs to take over. Don’t think Perry even throws it 20 times Saturday. I expect to punish them with our powerful backs.
I could see this happening with one small difference. Feed fsu a steady diet of Homer and Dallas then after they start to wear down, put in Lingard and make them deal with his speed.

Offensively we have quite a few matchups in our favor. In the passing game, Cager and Jordan are huge matchup problems for them and their relatively short back 7. Hightower could also have a nice game. Also with the constant threat posed by our running game Jeff Thomas and Harley as well should see plenty of opportunities deep downfield off of play action. The OL must step up this week and have a great game. I'm gaining more confidence in the OL every week as they seem to be beginning to put everything together at the right time. Pass protection needs to keep improving and I think it will with the emergence of DJ Scaife. Perry just needs to be calm and relaxed and do his thing. He needs to take what is there and lean on his running game and playmakers in the passing game. Just get the open man the ball and keep the chains moving.

Defensively our DL should be very productive. I fully expect FSU to look at the UNC film and try to exploit us with QB draws while also trying to get Cam Akers out on the edge. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they incorporated some diamond formation packages seeing how much we struggled with it against North Carolina . I expect plenty of misdirection. Diaz needs to have us ready for any wrinkle Taggart throws at us. If we shut down their run and are able to take a lead early the DL should be able to put Francois in plenty of bad situations.

I just think that we have so many leaders on defense that should be able to rise to the occasion and really set the tone. You can't help but feel good about having guys like J. Jackson, Garvin, Willis, Quarterman, Pinckney, Jaquan Johnson, Redwine, M. Jackson and Bandy.

I don't want to play around with fsu. We are better and I want to show it from the very beginning. Establish dominance early and do not let up for a second. Get them down and don't ever let them think for a second that they have any chance. I want to beat these guys physically, mentally, psychologically, emotionally and then some. I want this one. Let's get it!

Can't wait to see Garvin & Willis get after Frenchie Crablegs and the turnover chain come out. LETS GO CANES!

:neonu::stormwarningflag-sm::machinegun:

Defensively our DL should be very productive. I fully expect FSU to look at the UNC film and try to exploit us with QB draws while also trying to get Cam Akers out on the edge. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they incorporated some diamond formation packages seeing how much we struggled with it against North Carolina . I expect plenty of misdirection. Diaz needs to have us ready for any wrinkle Taggart throws at us. If we shut down their run and are able to take a lead early the DL should be able to put Francois in plenty of bad situations.

i don't see francois running a lot, it at all. his mobility is very poor following his injury last year and the beating he has already taken this year. Cam Akers on the edge is another story, but i do expect for us to adjust at the beginning of the game, not at halftime.

Perry's inexperience in big games combined with Brian Burns vs Donaldson has me tempering my **** talking
Wise man.

They've also got a couple talented DTs who can give Mahoney and Jones fits. I don't need to see Wilson or Christmas flopping on Perry with all their body weight.

Advertisement
For some reason, we always let them run against us. They had over 200 vs. us last year and struggled against a lot of other subpar competition. Akers isn't all what he's made out to be, but if we give him holes like we gave UNC on Thursday then he's gonna pop off.

I wish Manny would dial back the aggressiveness this week. We don't need to be aggressive to whip them up front. They're terrible, but if we play unsound football and don't properly fill gaps, then we're in trouble. If you play assignment football versus FSU, then you're gonna win 1-1 matchups and you're gonna whip them upfront. Every other team who has played them so far this year has shutdown their run game, so I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't do the same.

Levonta Taylor is a good cover corner but he's small so Langham and Cager should give him fits.

Brian Burns is the problem. He must be accounted for on every pass play. Gotta slide protection that way so Donaldson can set outside taking away the speed rush.

Advertisement
FSU's Depth Chart For The Miami Game

Just going thru their depth chart their o line is lacking talent seriously and when you look at them defensively they are small like a high school defense size wise but they are fast but probably their least talented defense in several years will be a long day for them
Not even sure how fast they really are. Against UL, a pretty bad offense this year, they looked slow. Not sure if it's because they are slow, or if they are just slow to react. Either way, we need to exploit that.

They've got an "awesome" D line that's near the bottom of FBS in sacks and TFLs. They have "athletes" in the secondary giving up almost 290 yards per game through the air. I'm not going to assume a blowout but Miami is going to really have to shoot themselves in the foot, a lot, to lose this game.

i love that this isn't the first game of the year or even the first Big game of the year for either team

they don't have any major "new wrinkles" we haven't seen and vice versa. Just one team against the other, who's better.

We are going to make a huge statement in front of one of the biggest recruiting visitor lists in a LONG time

Advertisement
For some reason, we always let them run against us. They had over 200 vs. us last year and struggled against a lot of other subpar competition. Akers isn't all what he's made out to be, but if we give him holes like we gave UNC on Thursday then he's gonna pop off.

I wish Manny would dial back the aggressiveness this week. We don't need to be aggressive to whip them up front. They're terrible, but if we play unsound football and don't properly fill gaps, then we're in trouble. If you play assignment football versus FSU, then you're gonna win 1-1 matchups and you're gonna whip them upfront. Every other team who has played them so far this year has shutdown their run game, so I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't do the same.

Not trying to argue with you because I agree with you, but my question is: does Manny ever dial back the aggressiveness to play assignment football? I haven't seen it since he's been here (besides GT games).

Levonta Taylor is a good cover corner but he's small so Langham and Cager should give him fits.

Brian Burns is the problem. He must be accounted for on every pass play. Gotta slide protection that way so Donaldson can set outside taking away the speed rush.
Yeah burns looks real good this season. One of very few standouts. Must throw some double teams on him, no reason we shouldn’t be able to the rest of the d line looks pedestrian

Advertisement
Back