Frost Says No To UF, Mullen Going To Gata

Starting already!

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB
3m3 minutes ago

Dan Mullen leaving #MissState for #UF , leaves behind a talented team for 2018.. Two names to keep in mind for the HC vacancy there: #Miami DC Manny Diaz (a former MSU asst) and #OhioState Co-OC Ryan Day (like Mullen, an Urban Meyer protege).. Both really smart coordinators.

I will be surprised if Manny doesnt get an interview

Be surprised then.

I would be surprised if Manny takes an interview. Go back to Starkville, after leaving to take a ‘lateral’ move to your home town? Money talks, and Manny may leave for a HC gig soon enough, but not MSU.

I hope he sees the longer view, and what he could be an integral part of at Miami over the next several seasons. Then, if Richt doesn’t seem interesting in retiring, move on.

No, give Manny a raise and extension. Same for Kool, Rumph, and Banda.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good hire for UF considering their first two options told them to kick rocks. I think Mullen will be around a 10 win a year coach for UF. That's if he finds a QB, which he has proven capable of before.

Also, like others have said, he's an ******* that probably can't relate too well to the diva recruits that UF should be recruiting. He'll need to surround himself with good recruiters.

Advertisement
Starting already!

3m3 minutes ago

Dan Mullen leaving #MissState for #UF , leaves behind a talented team for 2018.. Two names to keep in mind for the HC vacancy there: #Miami DC Manny Diaz (a former MSU asst) and #OhioState Co-OC Ryan Day (like Mullen, an Urban Meyer protege).. Both really smart coordinators.

Be surprised then.

I would be surprised if Manny takes an interview. Go back to Starkville, after leaving to take a ‘lateral’ move to your home town? Money talks, and Manny may leave for a HC gig soon enough, but not MSU. I hope he sees the longer view, and what he could be an integral part of at Miami over the next several seasons. Then, if Richt doesn’t seem interesting in retiring, move on.

Read what Miss St. fans write about Manny Diaz - they all hate him. Doesn't look like he would be a candidate.

Do they hate Diaz because of his coaching abilities, or because he left them twice for greener pastures?

Do they hate Diaz because of his coaching abilities, or because he left them twice for greener pastures?

This is what he said when he took that job

I told Dan this is the last defensive coordinator job I ever want to take. It’s the last defensive coordinator job I ever intend to take. You have goals in terms of what you want to do. You have goals in terms of where you want to be, and this is it. This is where I want to coach defense. This is why, and again working out the contract stuff with Scott (Stricklin), we want to make sure that we made a pretty big statement that I want to be the defensive coordinator at Mississippi State. That’s why we all wanted this. That was an issue with all of us to make sure that is what we wanted, and nobody flinched.

So yeah, can see why they're not thrilled.

Advertisement
Starting already!

3m3 minutes ago

Be surprised then.

I would be surprised if Manny takes an interview. Go back to Starkville, after leaving to take a ‘lateral’ move to your home town? Money talks, and Manny may leave for a HC gig soon enough, but not MSU. I hope he sees the longer view, and what he could be an integral part of at Miami over the next several seasons. Then, if Richt doesn’t seem interesting in retiring, move on.

Read what Miss St. fans write about Manny Diaz - they all hate him. Doesn't look like he would be a candidate.

Have they linked Manny to what happened at StatePenn yet?

I wonder what happens with Shannon if Mullen brings his defensive coaches with him?
Maybe Jimbo picks him up?

Gators unintentionally made the right hire... i was less afraid of Chip Kelly in gainesville

Advertisement
I wonder what happens with Shannon if Mullen brings his defensive coaches with him?
Maybe Jimbo picks him up?
Wasn't it posted that they were going to make Kelly keep Shannon? Something about him being guaranteed some sort of role, I'd assume that remains the same, if true

FL one of the worst jobs out there as things are ran there now. Why would you want to became head coach at a school where you have to get permission to go to the barroom as,a coach

yeah where is **** face to say how corrupt and bankrupt they are....who that is right, its the SEC so every program is a championship program

Advertisement
Back