From the Perch: FIU

View as article

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
It will be nine narrated clips from arguably the worst loss in modern day Miami Hurricane history. FIU imposed their will early and Miami uniquely and innately played down to their competition. Miami pulled off the unthinkable last night. To put it in terms or some perspective.

Here are some random take away points after watching the game:

• When Dan Enos asks the question, "Did my quarterback help me win the game?" The answer is resoundingly no.
  • I think Miami needs to have some reliable counters built into their RPO slants.
  • I believe some RPO site adjustments could morph this offense and some out-breaking RPO varieties wouldn't hurt
  • Wiggins was not responsible for that first interception despite what the telecast said (Jarren was)
  • Miami is absolutely a circus on third down. As of this morning they rank dead last (130/130) in the country on third downs
  • Miami also is particularly bad in the red zone again this week and on the year (123/130)
  • Miami is not that efficient if you take away components of their RPO game
  • The two interceptions on RPO/slants had back story but the one to Will Mallory in triple coverage was the worst decision to throw by any quarterback all year
  • The 4th down failed attempts in the first half were a mixture of execution/rigidity in system/and unimaginative design
  • Miami out of a bye week is a huge example of utter failure
  • FIU game plan was simple and has been employed by other teams in the past. Get the ball out quick. Miami still struggled at times to stop it
  • Miami over reliance on rotating towards the jet sweep motion bit them when they needed a stop the most
  • Miami's defense took many steps backwards vs. FIU and Blake Baker seemed at times like he was an adjustment behind
  • Gregory Rousseau at the zero tech has paid dividends in the past, but the they might want to adapt this further. He was triple teamed inside and this isn't the first time Miami gave up a huge 3rd down conversion run with a smaller 0 tech on third down
  • The NCAA needs to adopt an anti flopping rule immediately
Thank you once again for continuing to follow along with the From the Perch series. I am sure I will get asked why I do this to myself but the simple answer is I just love to learn this game. It is a huge interconnected puzzle and regardless of euphoric win or catastrophic low there is always take away points in either variety. And as always, if you could please subscribe to my YouTube channel, that would be epic. I will continue to evolve this over time and appreciate the early support in this endeavor. Finally I will leave with a formulated opinion over the course of 11 games. I do not like Dan Enos the play caller or his offense. This is not cutting edge. It is cutting teeth. I am hoping he is this year's version of Matt Canada. (There I said it)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank you for your effort. Much appreciated. Won’t be watching tho. Can’t do it to myself
I couldn't find it, didn't want to do the 7-day, so kept up online and Gameday - I made a great choice by drinking tequila and Caronas and at least not having to watch it, even though four kids from my old HS were on FIU...

Advertisement
It will be nine narrated clips from arguably the worst loss in modern day Miami Hurricane history. FIU imposed their will early and Miami uniquely and innately played down to their competition. Miami pulled off the unthinkable last night. To put it in terms or some perspective.

Here are some random take away points after watching the game:

• When Dan Enos asks the question, "Did my quarterback help me win the game?" The answer is resoundingly no.
  • I think Miami needs to have some reliable counters built into their RPO slants.
  • I believe some RPO site adjustments could morph this offense and some out-breaking RPO varieties wouldn't hurt
  • Wiggins was not responsible for that first interception despite what the telecast said (Jarren was)
  • Miami is absolutely a circus on third down. As of this morning they rank dead last (130/130) in the country on third downs
  • Miami also is particularly bad in the red zone again this week and on the year (123/130)
  • Miami is not that efficient if you take away components of their RPO game
  • The two interceptions on RPO/slants had back story but the one to Will Mallory in triple coverage was the worst decision to throw by any quarterback all year
  • The 4th down failed attempts in the first half were a mixture of execution/rigidity in system/and unimaginative design
  • Miami out of a bye week is a huge example of utter failure
  • FIU game plan was simple and has been employed by other teams in the past. Get the ball out quick. Miami still struggled at times to stop it
  • Miami over reliance on rotating towards the jet sweep motion bit them when they needed a stop the most
  • Miami's defense took many steps backwards vs. FIU and Blake Baker seemed at times like he was an adjustment behind
  • Gregory Rousseau at the zero tech has paid dividends in the past, but the they might want to adapt this further. He was triple teamed inside and this isn't the first time Miami gave up a huge 3rd down conversion run with a smaller 0 tech on third down
  • The NCAA needs to adopt an anti flopping rule immediately
Thank you once again for continuing to follow along with the From the Perch series. I am sure I will get asked why I do this to myself but the simple answer is I just love to learn this game. It is a huge interconnected puzzle and regardless of euphoric win or catastrophic low there is always take away points in either variety. And as always, if you could please subscribe to my YouTube channel, that would be epic. I will continue to evolve this over time and appreciate the early support in this endeavor. Finally I will leave with a formulated opinion over the course of 11 games. I do not like Dan Enos the play caller or his offense. This is not cutting edge. It is cutting teeth. I am hoping he is this year's version of Matt Canada. (There I said it)

this is the offense Diaz wanted. Its HIS offense. If he wanted to spread it out hed tell Enos to do so. If he wanted pace hed tell Enos to play with pace.

The fact that your longwinded post doesnt mention Diaz shows you dont have a clue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
this is the offense Diaz wanted. Its HIS offense. If he wanted to spread it out hed tell Enos to do so. If he wanted pace hed tell Enos to play with pace.

The fact that your longwinded post doesnt mention Diaz shows you dont have a clue.
Lmfao at this being Diazs offense...

diaz is ******* lost on the sidelines

Post less

Advertisement
Back