Fritz ga tech

Advertisement
Wonder how much his time at Georgia Southern played into this. As a Tulane alum this saddens me. If I were GT, I would have found some offensive whiz who was going to make them exciting and let that system and brand attract players.

besides fritz being a great coach it was all about this 1000% agree

Heard this same sh*t from yall with Geoff Collins.

GT for the most part aint gonna be much ever. They are 3rd rate in their own city for recruits n may actually be 4th. Cant sustain like that unless you can hit out of your region constistently and thats something they havent been able to do for the most part. They should really have killed in North fla-South Ga but that didnt happen
1669644555798.gif

Yep - calculus is no joke at Tech…but nothing gogeta & hollyhood said is wrong either. City life in Atlanta is cool, but Tech’s social scene has always been kinda nerdy with fewer girls on campus than any of the schools mentioned. Not as many majors to choose that are “easy”, even with tutoring help.

Tech lost a lot of its connection to the city over the last 25 years (made from bball teams of the 80s/90s, not as much from football), but it’s mostly the SEC and Clemson have outmuscled, outspent and outresourced Tech for Metro ATL talent.

Tech fans will be satisfied with 7-9 wins with a Top 20-40 squad as long as the team isn’t as quirky to watch as the triple option. It’s much less stressful to be a Tech fan.
I tried to tell em bro. I know youve been around along time too...im thinking since grassy days.

I was waiting to say...CLEMSON has fully walked into the Atlanta Metro area and taking the tv remote from GA tech or whomever thought they was gonna watch the 5oclock news...UGA included.

GT gets third tier and sometime 4th tier players in their own recruiting base....because the rest of the sec schools like auburn, tenn,etc are also in their cherry picking...the 1st tier goes to Bama and Clemson.

For tech to be good they will have to strive to get some second tier kids to stay and really get some FLORIDA kids with talent to come in...FLA kids would go to ATL for school honestly. Tech should be a factor in north florida and come down to south fla to get the types that are willingly going to the Louisvilles of the world

Advertisement
I tried to tell em bro. I know youve been around along time too...im thinking since grassy days.

I was waiting to say...CLEMSON has fully walked into the Atlanta Metro area and taking the tv remote from GA tech or whomever thought they was gonna watch the 5oclock news...UGA included.

GT gets third tier and sometime 4th tier players in their own recruiting base....because the rest of the sec schools like auburn, tenn,etc are also in their cherry picking...the 1st tier goes to Bama and Clemson.

For tech to be good they will have to strive to get some second tier kids to stay and really get some FLORIDA kids with talent to come in...FLA kids would go to ATL for school honestly. Tech should be a factor in north florida and come down to south fla to get the types that are willingly going to the Louisvilles of the world
Auburn also has a huge reach across Metro Atlanta. I would say UGA, Auburn, Clemson, TN are clearly the top four recruiting this area.

Advertisement
Auburn also has a huge reach across Metro Atlanta. I would say UGA, Auburn, Clemson, TN are clearly the top four recruiting this area.
yep you named the 4 i named.

Auburn is close as **** so they idp in for what they want as well

It’s a good hire. It’s not comparable to the Collins hire in the slightest. Collins is a defensive guy who had two years of prior head coaching experience. Fritz has been a head coach at multiple levels for a long time and has made his rep as an offensive coach. Tech had a good run under Paul Johnson because his offense didn’t require him to beat out Georgia, Clemson and Auburn for recruits. They’re likely banking on Fritz doing the same thing (although Fritz ran the flex bone triple option for years, he modernized his system at Tulane).

I think Georgia Tech is being realistic about where they stand in the college football hierarchy. If they can get a guy to win 7-8 games a year and occasionally make a conference championship game run, they’ll be ecstatic.

It’s a good hire. It’s not comparable to the Collins hire in the slightest. Collins is a defensive guy who had two years of prior head coaching experience. Fritz has been a head coach at multiple levels for a long time and has made his rep as an offensive coach. Tech had a good run under Paul Johnson because his offense didn’t require him to beat out Georgia, Clemson and Auburn for recruits. They’re likely banking on Fritz doing the same thing (although Fritz ran the flex bone triple option for years, he modernized his system at Tulane).

I think Georgia Tech is being realistic about where they stand in the college football hierarchy. If they can get a guy to win 7-8 games a year and occasionally make a conference championship game run, they’ll be ecstatic.
I agree but if thats the plan i would go with the young Chadwell from Coastal Carolina.

Advertisement
yep you named the 4 i named.

Auburn is close as **** so they idp in for what they want as well
I missed the Auburn one. The weird one is Bama does not really have as much of a recruiting presence here, but it DOES have a huge alumni network at companies and service firms across the city.

Wonder how much his time at Georgia Southern played into this. As a Tulane alum this saddens me. If I were GT, I would have found some offensive whiz who was going to make them exciting and let that system and brand attract players.
Curious as to your take since you know. How does this new coach impact GT?

Solid hire for them. Will most likely be Fritz's last stop as a HC and his modern triple option will play well for GT.

Advertisement
Yep - calculus is no joke at Tech…but nothing gogeta & hollyhood said is wrong either. City life in Atlanta is cool, but Tech’s social scene has always been kinda nerdy with fewer girls on campus than any of the schools mentioned. Not as many majors to choose that are “easy”, even with tutoring help.

Tech lost a lot of its connection to the city over the last 25 years (made from bball teams of the 80s/90s, not as much from football), but it’s mostly the SEC and Clemson have outmuscled, outspent and outresourced Tech for Metro ATL talent.

Tech fans will be satisfied with 7-9 wins with a Top 20-40 squad as long as the team isn’t as quirky to watch as the triple option. It’s much less stressful to be a Tech fan.
Got left behind by holding onto academic standards. No shame in that. Basketball built up the football. Cremins had more leeway than any other coach ever at GT. 80's was the cartels of shady college coaches. Nobody paid attention to GT, Valvano, Lefty, were always under investigation. I could go on about the recruitment of Kenny Anderson. GT used to play the game. Now, too many eyes on you.

Curious as to your take since you know. How does this new coach impact GT?
I think Fritz had success at Georgia Southern, he had some success this year at Tulane, obviously Tulane is pretty good academically and is kind of similar in terms of recruiting to GT where they are down the pecking order in their local area. Truly, what I have learned is you just never know with how coaches will work out. I will say Collins had one of the hardest turnaround jobs I have ever seen. Aside from all of the challenges in this thread, he had to turn a roster that was recruited to run the triple option. Tulane has been pretty fundamentally sound this year, but they also weren't very good under him besides this year. From a Miami perspective, I would feel better about this than GT going the model of Wake Forest.

If they're slow playing Fritz, it means they have someone somehow better lined up. Fritz is a really solid choice so can't imagine who that might be

I think Fritz had success at Georgia Southern, he had some success this year at Tulane, obviously Tulane is pretty good academically and is kind of similar in terms of recruiting to GT where they are down the pecking order in their local area. Truly, what I have learned is you just never know with how coaches will work out. I will say Collins had one of the hardest turnaround jobs I have ever seen. Aside from all of the challenges in this thread, he had to turn a roster that was recruited to run the triple option. Tulane has been pretty fundamentally sound this year, but they also weren't very good under him besides this year. From a Miami perspective, I would feel better about this than GT going the model of Wake Forest.
Thanks. Was curious from a Miami perspective the outlook on GT going forward with this guy.

Advertisement
Back