Frierson recaps 1st of 2 Miami visits this week

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_2897.jpg

Miami hosted all four of their defensive back commitments on campus Tuesday afternoon -- Gilbert Frierson, Josh Jobe, Gurvan Hall, and D.J. Ivey were all together in Coral Gables and hanging with Coach Rumph and Coach Banda.

Frierson spoke briefly with CanesInSight on Wednesday about the visit, which has become a common practice for the trio of him, Jobe, and Ivey.

"It was a good time chilling with our future class and especially our DB group that we'll be playing with next year," he said.

"It gets us excited for the future -- we just like being around each other and making our bond better while growing that trust," Frierson explained.

Following Randy Russell's decommitment at safety for Miami yesterday, Frierson said that the plan is still for him to come to UM as a cornerback and play that position. Canes coaches conveyed that message again to him during their meeting, according to the Coral Gables HS prospect.

Frierson added that he will be back on Miami campus this weekend for 7-on-7 camp, where he will participate with his high school teammates. He sat out the first few months of the year after a foot injury and was able to play spring football with the Cavaliers. He did not do any 7-on-7 prior to spring football, so Miami coaches are excited to see him in action.

Advertisement
It would be interesting to see how the remaining group feels about Russells decommitment and his skills as a player

Nice to see Hall make the visit too. Usually it's the three usual subjects you mentioned of Ivey, Frierson and Jobe.

Advertisement
Where do I get that shirt Jobe has on? That's pretty nice.

Thanks Pete!

I bet they have it at Canes Wear at Miami Fanwear, who has the largest selection of Canes wear in Broward and maybe anywhere, located right next to the famous LaSpada Hoagies!!!

Hall Jobe Campbell must keeps.....I know DJ and GF are sticking.........those other 3 r different level IMO so I know every1 will put the full court press on them when signing day nears...........hope they sign early

Advertisement
These four are already arguably the top DB class in the country. Add Campbell and Blades and it will be the best DB group in our history, at least on paper.

Advertisement

Thanks Pete!

CanesWear Bruh! You already know...

Thanks Pete!

I bet they have it at Canes Wear at Miami Fanwear, who has the largest selection of Canes wear in Broward and maybe anywhere, located right next to the famous LaSpada Hoagies!!!

I'm guessing it's not online

How much did Frierson's injury hinder him last year? He had that broken bone for some of last season didn't he?

Advertisement
Great to see these kids showing up and continuing the process of bonding together. This DB class should be legendary.

What do you guys think about Frierson in terms of where you think he best projects in college? I most definitely trust the staff here but I always thought that Frierson projected better at safety. He has the skillset for either obviously. Thoughts?

These four are already arguably the top DB class in the country. Add Campbell and Blades and it will be the best DB group in our history, at least on paper.

We will add Blades, and if we add Campbell and keep them all, that will be the greatest DB group signing in the history of CFB.

How much did Frierson's injury hinder him last year? He had that broken bone for some of last season didn't he?

He played the entire season with a broken bone in his foot. Did it first game and played through it not knowing there was a fracture. Tough kid

Advertisement
Back