Freshman DT's

Advertisement
Who's the last true freshman DT to make a significant impact at Miami? Was Wilfork redshirted?
Wilfork did not start but played in every game as a defensive tackle, finishing tenth on the team in tackles with 41 while also recording a sack and forcing three fumbles as a true frosh.
Norton played in 12 games as a true frosh.
It shouldn't surprise anyone if one of these guys surpasses a banged up Nesta or Miller on the depth chart. We are one injury away from one of them potentially starting. There's no reason to redshirt 3 of them. We have some nice DT's coming in this year, too.

What is crazy is that Harrison carries even less bad weight than blissett who in his own right looks very impressive as well. Add to that Holley is a legit 6’2 290 with great quickness for a dt

81 looks to be about as old as the realus
What are kids eating now a days they all look mid to late 20s as freshman

Advertisement
I want them playing bump all that redshirt mess unless they truly don't know how to play and be game ready. ST and other units plus we have 4 games against teams would should beat in our sleep. I want those guys playing in those games. Getting max 4 games and then building up our depth for next year.

Even with Nesta out for a minute we still shouldn't have to rely on any of them. How many DTs do we need in the rotation?

Ford
UCLA kid
Bethel
Miller

Lets roll!

I say let the most deserving one join the rotation since Nesta is out for however long he is out. Just off looks, i'd say Blissett, he looks like a football player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back