Freeman

Apparently he’s going to speak to LSU, ND, Texas, Auburn and Michigan. There’s zero chance we’re competing with that money lol. Also would not be shocked to see him stay at Cincy instead of dealing with any of those rabid fan bases when the goal is to become a HC and he’s clearly on that path from a G5.

Advertisement
Why would he come here knowing Manny is on borrowed time?
Fast track to becoming a P5 HC when Manny gets fired
254AC579-D164-4A70-90F0-95BB0E928BE5.jpeg

Yes throw out hat into the ring so he can toss it on the ground essentially by not even interviewing. Makes sense to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Notre Dame pays less than we do. They don't get in bidding wars.
This is not accurate. I am a Canes fan who lives a few miles from the ND campus. ND threw a ton of money at Elko to match A&M and try to keep him from going there and Clark Lea was making $2 million plus when he took the Vandy job. Lea is a phenomenal coach (and human being) that played a huge role in ND’s recent success (2/3 playoffs in his 3 years as DC) and I am confident if they lose someone to an SEC school it won’t be because of money. Kelly’s Van Gorder slip up almost cost him his job and he won’t do that again.

Advertisement
I hope he emailed us a resume because I can guarantee you Blake James has never heard of him
This is such an interesting take. The lack of confidence on this guy is astonishing. Everyone knows the guy who started “#buildingchampions” is full of **** and not qualified to build anything.

Advertisement
Remember CMR left millions on the table when he resigned , donated a million and was the driving force for our indoor facility, was 9-4 with a bowl win first year, 10 and 3 with first coastal title, and had a heart issue. Agree that Manny and Golden are tier 2 guys. CMR was just wore out but he gave us two good years.
I am definitely tired this year after the defense the last two games, but **** happens. Hopefully Manny will hire someone reputable and experienced.
Man it has been along time since we were good. Even Clemson got their *** handed to them, as did the FINS today.
Not ragging on you just like CMR a little more than most of the fans
Richt definitely did some good things - brought some respectability to the position, helped get the IPF across the line.

His recruiting left a lot to be desired though - we're still recovering from that.

This is not accurate. I am a Canes fan who lives a few miles from the ND campus. ND threw a ton of money at Elko to match A&M and try to keep him from going there and Clark Lea was making $2 million plus when he took the Vandy job. Lea is a phenomenal coach (and human being) that played a huge role in ND’s recent success (2/3 playoffs in his 3 years as DC) and I am confident if they lose someone to an SEC school it won’t be because of money. Kelly’s Van Gorder slip up almost cost him his job and he won’t do that again.
You're confident they won't lose someone to the SEC because of money, but they lost Elko to Texas AM because of money and didn't even make an effort to keep him. They just said, "See ya, go get your money."

I read the this thread's title quivering with anticipation that it was to be the long overdue homage to Kirby.

**** you CIS for breaking my heart,

AGAIN.

Advertisement
Back