Franklin and Williams visit Thomas

Advertisement
Towner4life, I agree with what you are saying. But what scares me is that we could possibly have a DB class of Lammons (Just started playing the position PART time this summer), Harris (Doesnt play the position) and Patton (5'8 on his best day). Man that is sketchy at best. And are you saying that Miami isnt offering Harris as a DB???? Really? Wow. First I have heard of this. If this is true, then I am not too happy about that. Especially if the kid said he would commit to UM as a DB. Cant team athletecism I will admit that. And Harris has got plenty of it.

(BTW, you live in OT? Is Jacksons Soul Food still open? Wanna take a trip over there this weekend while im on Sobe. Good look in advance.)

one thing i do have to say about this staff is that they are really truthful to these recruits, they can easily tell flowers and harris that they want them at QB and then once they are on campus they switch them to safety or corner or wherever the coaches want them, cant say the same for other colleges

Treon Harris is 6'0, has won more than any QB in Dade County over the past 2 seasons (24-3) with 2 state championship appearances, has passed for 4.000+ yards the past 2 season with 50 TDs and just 12 INTs, while rushing for 1,600+. He's more exceptional than a lot of guys who've come through Dade County as a QB. You're basing your opinion based on Miami not offering him as a QB. He doesn't fit Miami's style of offense and that's fine but don't sit here and say he can't play QB anywhere else in the country. The kid is a great football player and his production shows that.

Jassid, guys get projected as a DB from simple things like the quickness of their feet and change of directions. The University of Florida had never seen Joe Haden play CB before they signed him. He became a top 10 draft pick. Harris even stated he would switch to DB to play at Miami, Miami came and still only offered him as a WR. Every school in the country would take the kid as a DB with the exception of Miami.

He could play QB plenty of places. It probably won't be at the schools you listed. All the stats you just listed don't change reality. He is 5'10-5'11" from Dade who runs in the 4.4s. High school QBs who fit his profile get turned into DBs or WRs at big conference schools pretty **** quickly if not almost immediately.

Treon Harris is 6'0, has won more than any QB in Dade County over the past 2 seasons (24-3) with 2 state championship appearances, has passed for 4.000+ yards the past 2 season with 50 TDs and just 12 INTs, while rushing for 1,600+. He's more exceptional than a lot of guys who've come through Dade County as a QB. You're basing your opinion based on Miami not offering him as a QB. He doesn't fit Miami's style of offense and that's fine but don't sit here and say he can't play QB anywhere else in the country. The kid is a great football player and his production shows that.

Jassid, guys get projected as a DB from simple things like the quickness of their feet and change of directions. The University of Florida had never seen Joe Haden play CB before they signed him. He became a top 10 draft pick. Harris even stated he would switch to DB to play at Miami, Miami came and still only offered him as a WR. Every school in the country would take the kid as a DB with the exception of Miami.

What surprised me is that he ran a 4.48 at the same camp where Lammons and Patton ran 4.6. Do you think he's faster than his two brothers that played football for UM?

Advertisement
FSu has an outstanding band program.

UM has an outstanding MUSIC program.

FSu produces kids that can march around in ugly *** outfits and play instruments.

UM produces artist.

Bring it home Jethro

LMAO this is so false it's ridiculous.

FSU's college of Art and Music is one of the top in the Southeastern United States for public universities. It is also nationally and internationally renowned on a VARIETY of levels.

And, before you think I'm just being contrarian, I am a professional musician and music educator who went to the Frost School of Music at The U. But still, downplaying FSU's music programs as anything below top rate is fallacious.

Do with that what you will.

Cam - first off I agree with your post. Second, when did you graduate from UM? I got my doctorate in jazz studies there in '05.

Graduated in December '04. We were there together. I probably went to one of your shows. That Jazz program is SERIOUS!

What surprised me is that he ran a 4.48 at the same camp where Lammons and Patton ran 4.6. Do you think he's faster than his two brothers that played football for UM?

I saw Harris run the 4.48 at the Nike Combine (that terrible *** event, but that's another story) back in January/February. He also showcased impressive burst and change of direction in the shuttle drills. Harris can be a nice player at either WR or DB.

Personally, I like him a little better at DB because of his size and instincts.

Update on Thomas from ITU a couple days ago:

-Jethro met him backstage at the Knight Center b/c plans to meet up earlier in the day fell through
-Says Golden is a cool person and has met with him in person a few times on campus
-Doesnt have leaders right now, said he got tired of being asked about his top 3 all the time
-15 schools offered him this spring
-Playing time, coaching staff, and education are what his factors are in picking a school
-Says he wants to be on the field right away
-Says he might need help academically to succeed at whatever school he picks
-His cousin is former MNW DB Jermaine Reve now at Loserville
-They talk all the time and Reve tells him to stay focused on his grades
-Will be headed to The Opening in Oregon
-Has never visited a school outside FL
-Only visit since July 2012 was to Miami

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Sees-DE-Chad-Thomas-in-a-Unique-Setting-132333

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on Thomas from ITU a couple days ago:

-Jethro met him backstage at the Knight Center b/c plans to meet up earlier in the day fell through
-Says Golden is a cool person and has met with him in person a few times on campus
-Doesnt have leaders right now, said he got tired of being asked about his top 3 all the time
-15 schools offered him this spring
-Playing time, coaching staff, and education are what his factors are in picking a school
-Says he wants to be on the field right away
-Says he might need help academically to succeed at whatever school he picks
-His cousin is former MNW DB Jermaine Reve now at Loserville
-They talk all the time and Reve tells him to stay focused on his grades
-Will be headed to The Opening in Oregon
-Has never visited a school outside FL
-Only visit since July 2012 was to Miami

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Sees-DE-Chad-Thomas-in-a-Unique-Setting-132333
Nice

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back