2023 Frankie Tinilau - OL from Australia - Committed!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big, athletic kid that needs a lot of work on his technique. The positives are he moves his feet well, is nasty and has athleticism.

The negatives are hand placement, punch, and he doesn't know how to use his exceptional length. He's a waist bender. No explosion from his hips and doesn't bend his knees and leans over his toes too much. Twitchy, speed rushers would give him issues off the edge.

He would need at least two years to develop proper technique. High ceiling and low floor prospect. Could be a steal or a complete bust.

Big, athletic kid that needs a lot of work on his technique. The positives are he moves his feet well, is nasty and has athleticism.

The negatives are hand placement, punch, and he doesn't know how to use his exceptional length. He's a waist bender. No explosion from his hips and doesn't bend his knees and leans over his toes too much. Twitchy, speed rushers would give him issues off the edge.

He would need at least two years to develop proper technique. High ceiling and low floor prospect. Could be a steal or a complete bust.
Well we have two of the best OL coaches in the nation that can coach him up. I think he’s a take.

Advertisement
Frankie was on the Sebastian Lane show tonight. Currently visiting SC. Says he might commit soon, potentially when he gets back from Australia.

Edit: Very clear that he has a special relationship w/Mario. Mario & Cristobal were/are checking up on him during the USC visit. He says, LA is too cold for him. LOL.

What’s going on with this kid any updates? Looks like spots are filling up. You stated he loves UM does he have a commitable offer? We are staking kids at Guard and Center we need OT?
Any update?

Advertisement

Self Defense Fighting GIF

Advertisement
Actual post from Gaby:

I don't need to keep emphasizing how important the trenches are to Miami and Mario Cristobal specifically. One tackle type I think they're high on and one I'm getting some buzz on Sunday is Australian offensive lineman Frankie Tinilau. The 6-foot-5, 315-pounder visited Miami on the first day of March and earned an offer from those guys. He's really feeling Miami and I know that he and Miarabal have had conversations pretty recently. Ed Pata also coached at Miami Immaculata La Salle, where Tinilau will play when he makes his way back to the States for his senior year, before making the move to Miami and has ties at the school. I'm not sure on an exact timeline but could see Tinilau as a member of this class. I'd ideally like to talk to him personally before putting in anything formal.

Advertisement
Back