Confirmed Frank Ponce hired as QB Coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
So from 2018 when Cutcliffe coached Daniel Jones who absolutely blows now into a top 10 pick (while Ponce has never had a QB drafted) to 2020 when he coached chase Brice…he lost all of his coaching ability in a 1 year span?
It’s 2022. Daniel Jones was nothing special in college and an absolute bust waiting to happen in the pros. He’s not evidence of Cut‘s former magic.

Advertisement
Interesting Ferman dropped this news, he was on about Ponce being OC for the past couple weeks (as were others). Am just now curious on future hires because Ferman was also harping on Charlie Strong having a role on the staff last week.. perhaps he joins as LB/Co-DC if it's not Twill.

Oh gosh, not this dude again.
ja GIF

He's always on time.

TVD and Garcia are already elite QBs, I trust anyone with some level of football competence to guide them. This guy will probably get a lot credit for TVD which will help him with recruiting too lol. And for any of you worried about him recruiting… don’t! With the heavy hitters we have on staff and Cristobal principle on recruiting… I have no doubt this guy will be alright.
I am a huge fan of Garcia but let's pump the brakes on calling Garcia an elite. He hasn't seen the field against real competition in college yet. Regardless, he has a promising opportunity at Miami after TVD declares for the draft.

Advertisement
It’s 2022. Daniel Jones was nothing special in college and an absolute bust waiting to happen in the pros. He’s not evidence of Cut‘s former magic.
It doesn’t matter what year it is? We are talking about 2020 and 2021. You were trying to argue that Brice received better coaching from Ponce when Cutcliffe was a year removed from turning a QB who looks completely lost in the NFL into a top 10 pick because of how he developed him while he was in college.

Advertisement
Are you trying to say frank Ponce is a better QB coach than Brandon Streeter who has directly coached Taylor Heinecke at ODU and deshawn Watson and Trevor Lawrence at Clemson?

And a better QB developer than David Cutcliffe?

Brice played better because he went from the ACC to the sun belt.
I don't think anyone here thinks he is the GOAT QB guru, but its still a big deal getting him to step down from OC to come here. And he is a great QB coach(historically from his stint at App st.) and from a technician stand point he is probably the first or second best coach we have on staff.

Our coaches (now at Utah St) said it was the hardest offense to defend.

I recall you saying this and and quoted it.⬇️⬇️ This is a coup for us, Ponce will add value and I like him as a succession plan to Gattis.

Ponce is not nearly as bad as the CIS making him out to be. @DMoney quoted that he heard from a few staffers that app st offense was the hardest to prepare for.

And the man put up a top 25 offense this past season in yards/per game and pts/ per game with Chase Brice at qb. The same Chase Brice that one year before played like *** for one of the proclaimed qb whisperers in David Cutcliff. The same Cutcliff that made Daniel Jones look good enough to be drafted #6 in the 1st rd of 2019 draft.

Now gone and marinate on that for a minute.

And I don’t care if it’s ponce or not just stating facts that he not bad like the mob is saying.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back