Frank Gore

Advertisement
He's right that too many people get in every year. Baseball does that right.

But the "change the game" standard means almost no one gets in. Peyton didn't change the game. He was just really good.

Gore is the definition of a compiler, but some compilations are too big to ignore.

Completely disagree. It's a "Hall of Fame", not a "Hall of Perfection" or "Hall of Gamechangers".

It is a tourist attraction. People pay money to walk around the Hall of Fame. It's not some hallowed hall where only gods may roam.

Nearly every sport has, for far too long, kept the NUMBER of annual inductees the same, while the number of teams has increased dramatically.

More former players should be in the HOF, not fewer.

And I'm not even going to touch the disrespect and slander given to Frank Gore.

Gore is the definition of a compiler, but some compilations are too big to ignore.

Actually, he's really, really not, and that line is tired. Up until the last year or two, he was among the top RB's all time in YPC. He also has other crazy stats, like being one of very few with two 90+ yard TD runs. He's also probably the last true workhorse back that the NFL will ever see.

There is no discussing, debate, argument, whatever.

If you're top 10 all time in rushing yards, you're in the Hall. End of story.

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-players-are-getting-put-in-the-hall-of-fame/

"What is a Hall of Famer now? Is it a guy who played a long time?" Sanders said. "It's so skewed now. Once upon a time, a Hall of Famer was a player who changed the darn game, who made you want to reach in your pocket and pay your admission to see that guy play. That's not a Hall of Famer anymore. Every Tom, **** and Harry, you're a Hall of Famer, you're a Hall of Famer, you're a Hall of Famer. They let everybody in this thing. It's not exclusive anymore. And I don't like it."

Deion is still salty he wasn't a 'Cane. Never seen anyone wanna be a 'Cane so bad. Dude was, is and always has been a clown.

Actually, he's really, really not, and that line is tired. Up until the last year or two, he was among the top RB's all time in YPC. He also has other crazy stats, like being one of very few with two 90+ yard TD runs. He's also probably the last true workhorse back that the NFL will ever see.

There is no discussing, debate, argument, whatever.

If you're top 10 all time in rushing yards, you're in the Hall. End of story.
He really really is.

He had 6 top ten rushing seasons - a 3rd, a 6th, three 9ths and a 10th. He's only been in the top 10 in rushing TDs twice.

But, he was really consistently good for a long time, which is Hall worthy. But he wouldn't be any one's top 20 backs of all-time lists. That's not a slight, it's just the way it is. He's going in, because there's no way to keep a top 5 yards from scrimmage guy out.

Frank played most of his career behind porous OL's in San Francisco while Smith had arguably the best OL's of all time in Dallas. Gore would be the all time leader if he had average OL's early to mid career. To accomplish what Gore has done on **** poor teams is unimaginable. Anyone, ANYONE that has to debate if Gore is HOF material should be shot on site. I know firsthand how hard it is to comeback after tearing ACLs in both knees. The dude is my hero.
Say it louder.
Gore has put up 7 seasons w 1100+ yards & another 2 seasons of 1000+

He’s avg 4.3 ypc & sitting on 97 TDs

He did all this on **** poor teams. He did this while the def for yrs in SF focused strictly on him, b/c they had no QB or WR to help him. It wasn’t til Harbaugh came that helped alleviate some pressure off him for a couple yrs. Go ask SF fans about how **** they are for Harbaugh not giving Frank the rock in the waning moments of the SB at the goal line. Go ask 9er fans if they think Gore is HOFer. They saw that boy come to work, put on for them, and didn’t complain about chit as they didn’t build around him for yrs.

Smith is my frat brother; I’ve met & talked w Emmit at a function. I think E Smith, even being a Gator is a good dude. He’s an all time great, and w that being said, Jimmy J created a monster in Dallas. Dallas’ OL dang near went to the pro bowl every year. He played w/ a HOF QB, HOF WR, and FB who deserves to be in the HOF (FBs get no love), & one of the most underrated & under appreciated TEs in NFL history in Jay Novacek (who also should be in the HOF). Put F Gore w that Cowboys he rushes for 15k in his first 11 yrs alone.

Tired of ppl disrespecting a guy who has put up outstanding #’s w/ no knees & no help. If C Martin is a hall of gamer, so is Gore.

Advertisement
Weird stat is that Gore is not even in the Top 20 for rushing touchdowns. Edgerrin James is 20th with Gore one behind. Also on the list I noted that James played for 10 years and Portis, who played for 8 years is 25th.. It is safe to categorize the teams he played on as the offensive version of bend but don't break.

West coast style offense? I think he had jeff garcia and alex smith... Definitely a low flying offense lol.

Weird stat is that Gore is not even in the Top 20 for rushing touchdowns. Edgerrin James is 20th with Gore one behind. Also on the list I noted that James played for 10 years and Portis, who played for 8 years is 25th.. It is safe to categorize the teams he played on as the offensive version of bend but don't break.
Portis would have been a HOFer if he'd stayed in Denver for a couple more seasons.

He was lethal in that system.

That was my first thought reading this as well.

I was like ****, Sproles had himself a little career, didn't he? I knew he was a player, but not to that extent.
I remember when people said he was too short to make it in the league. Dude was a football player, period.

He really really is.

He had 6 top ten rushing seasons - a 3rd, a 6th, three 9ths and a 10th. He's only been in the top 10 in rushing TDs twice.

But, he was really consistently good for a long time, which is Hall worthy. But he wouldn't be any one's top 20 backs of all-time lists. That's not a slight, it's just the way it is. He's going in, because there's no way to keep a top 5 yards from scrimmage guy out.
It depends on your criteria.

Personally I think Terrell Davis getting in is a joke, but he was the best back in the NFL for a couple of seasons. If that's your criteria I can see why you don't think Frank Gore should get in as he's just been very, very good (which is impressive in itself when you consider his knee injuries) without ever being the best guy at his position in a single year.

Advertisement
Maybe Deion should stick to coaching. I don’t think he appreciates how hard it is for a true running back (not a knock on Sproles but he wasn’t a 20-25 carry per game back) to stay healthy and play the game for as long as Gore has. No position takes a physical pounding like running back which is why most teams don’t even want to pay a guy after age 30. What Gore has accomplished in today’s NFL is amazing and will not be diminished by the Jacksonville State coach
Jackson State University
Should defensive players who can't tackle make the HOF?
Say what you want, but Deon was an 8-time pro-bowler and 6-time All-Pro. 1994 Defensive Player of the Year. True shut down corner.
He's on the All-1990s team, Top 100 players of all time.
He is considered by fans, media, coaches, and peers to be the best CB to ever play the position.
Frank has great longevity, but never dominant. Had he not blown both knees, he would have been.

***** him. I’d like to hear his take once Jimmy and Greg pass him on all the all time TE lists. They’ll both surpass him with all time TDs this season.
Doesn't mean they are better than Sharpe...... **** Philip Rivers just passed Marino in yardage...wtf does that mean at all. I think Gore is a HoF, but i can certainly see an argument that he's been a stat compiler. The reason i still think he is is that he plays a super taxing position and has done it at a high level for so long.....and that counts for alot. If he'd played 7-8 years no one would say he's a hall of famer, whereas even if Barry Sanders played that little or Gayle Sayers who actually did, played that amount of time, you can see it in their play completely. Again, its not a knock on Gore.......love the guy, had season tickets his whole time at Miami. I'll be rooting when he gets in.

Here's an interesting stat about Gore's longevity and productivity.

The typical "fall off the cliff" age for RBs is 29. Since he turned 29, he has had more than 8K rushing yards. If you just counted those, he'd be the 4th leading active rusher, and top 50 all time.

Advertisement
Jackson State University

Say what you want, but Deon was an 8-time pro-bowler and 6-time All-Pro. 1994 Defensive Player of the Year. True shut down corner.
He's on the All-1990s team, Top 100 players of all time.
He is considered by fans, media, coaches, and peers to be the best CB to ever play the position.
Frank has great longevity, but never dominant. Had he not blown both knees, he would have been.
No one is questioning Deion’s credentials. He’s one of the best cover corners of all time. We’re questioning his criteria for HOF. Frank
Gore plays the single most physically brutal position in pro team sports and Deion takes the position that longevity shouldn’t matter? That’s an asinine position and demeans the incredible work done by Frank Gore.

Here's an interesting stat about Gore's longevity and productivity.

The typical "fall off the cliff" age for RBs is 29. Since he turned 29, he has had more than 8K rushing yards. If you just counted those, he'd be the 4th leading active rusher, and top 50 all time.
Frank Gore will get elected to the HOF. It would be ridiculous if he got left out. When I watched him in his Freshman year at Miami (pre-injuries), he stood out on a team loaded with great players. He was so electric and had an average YPC of around 9.6 (which is insane). He was and is incredibly special (but a little bit more of a grinder post-injury). I think he would have dusted the records of Emmitt Smith & Barry Sanders had he not had serious knee injuries. At his best (pre-injury), he was the most electric RB I've ever watched play over an extended period of time.

A Great Cane and a tremendous role model for current & future Canes and anyone that plays the game.

Say it louder.
Gore has put up 7 seasons w 1100+ yards & another 2 seasons of 1000+

He’s avg 4.3 ypc & sitting on 97 TDs

He did all this on **** poor teams. He did this while the def for yrs in SF focused strictly on him, b/c they had no QB or WR to help him. It wasn’t til Harbaugh came that helped alleviate some pressure off him for a couple yrs. Go ask SF fans about how **** they are for Harbaugh not giving Frank the rock in the waning moments of the SB at the goal line. Go ask 9er fans if they think Gore is HOFer. They saw that boy come to work, put on for them, and didn’t complain about chit as they didn’t build around him for yrs.

Smith is my frat brother; I’ve met & talked w Emmit at a function. I think E Smith, even being a Gator is a good dude. He’s an all time great, and w that being said, Jimmy J created a monster in Dallas. Dallas’ OL dang near went to the pro bowl every year. He played w/ a HOF QB, HOF WR, and FB who deserves to be in the HOF (FBs get no love), & one of the most underrated & under appreciated TEs in NFL history in Jay Novacek (who also should be in the HOF). Put F Gore w that Cowboys he rushes for 15k in his first 11 yrs alone.

Tired of ppl disrespecting a guy who has put up outstanding #’s w/ no knees & no help. If C Martin is a hall of gamer, so is Gore.
10000000000000000 %

Advertisement
Back