Gore was easily a better pro back than:

Edge
Emmitt
Martin
Bettis

A push with:

Faulk
Tomlinson

Only difference with any of those is playing with god-awful offenses.

Should be, but won't be, an easy Hall nod.

Gore was easily a better pro back than:

Edge
Emmitt
Martin
Bettis

A push with:

Faulk
Tomlinson

Only difference with any of those is playing with god-awful offenses.

Should be, but won't be, an easy Hall nod.

How can the #3 leader in rushing yards ALL TIME not be a first ballot HOFer?

How can the #3 leader in rushing yards ALL TIME not be a first ballot HOFer?
He never led the league in rushing, and only had one 2nd team all pro nod. That will keep him out for a while.

It's all because he played for terrible teams - meaning he didn't get the ball enough to have those seasonal eye-popping stats.

Advertisement
I’ll say it til my grave, what Gore was able to accomplish in the NFL was nothing short of a miracle.

My guy had to endure not one, but two ACL tears to one knee which greatly diminished his hyper athleticism coming out of Coral Gables. Then, he put up pedestrian combine #’s, scored poorly on the Wonderlic Test, had to overcome a learning disability…

Folks, teams were skittish on drafting Gore. I remember that draft very well, & I was highly nervous if Frank would be drafted. Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton were all drafted before him. Only Brown made “a” pro bowl out of this group. Gore is the epitome of what I believe in “no excuses.”

What’s going to **** me off about his career is that, yes, he’ll make it to Canton, but he’s not going to get the love & respect an Emmitt, Walter, Barry, Jim Brown or any other all time great RBs w/ these stats will receive. It’s hard to fathom that a guy who’s top 3 in NFL rushing will be considered one of the most underrated, while others consider his numbers inflated/overrated. He played on some bad 9er teams where he was the only O, but no one will take a look at his overall journey, what he’s had to endure to be a self-made NFL HOFer. To me, this is an all time story book career….just wish he didn’t have to face Ed Reed for a SB ring. Smh
Very well said. One of the best to do it.

I always imagine what Gore woulda done if either:
A) he never had the knee injuries
B) medical technology and advancements in the early 2000s were on par with today.

Easily would have racked over 20k rushing yards, I have 0 doubt on it.

**** of a career, honestly really defied a mountainous amount of odds.
Yesss

One of the best to do it. His game winning TD during the comeback against UF was one of my fondest memories.
Outside of the 01 championship my favorite Canes game of all time and the only reason the 01 championship beats it is because it was for a ring.

Advertisement
Gore and Walter Payton had pretty similar professional careers. Payton obviously got that one Super Bowl win but he spent a majority of his career toiling for mediocre/bad teams while being consistently great.

I’ll say it til my grave, what Gore was able to accomplish in the NFL was nothing short of a miracle.

My guy had to endure not one, but two ACL tears to one knee which greatly diminished his hyper athleticism coming out of Coral Gables. Then, he put up pedestrian combine #’s, scored poorly on the Wonderlic Test, had to overcome a learning disability…

Folks, teams were skittish on drafting Gore. I remember that draft very well, & I was highly nervous if Frank would be drafted. Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton were all drafted before him. Only Brown made “a” pro bowl out of this group. Gore is the epitome of what I believe in “no excuses.”

What’s going to **** me off about his career is that, yes, he’ll make it to Canton, but he’s not going to get the love & respect an Emmitt, Walter, Barry, Jim Brown or any other all time great RBs w/ these stats will receive. It’s hard to fathom that a guy who’s top 3 in NFL rushing will be considered one of the most underrated, while others consider his numbers inflated/overrated. He played on some bad 9er teams where he was the only O, but no one will take a look at his overall journey, what he’s had to endure to be a self-made NFL HOFer. To me, this is an all time story book career….just wish he didn’t have to face Ed Reed for a SB ring. Smh
All of that and he decides to take up boxing as a hobby in retirement.

Prior to his injuries, Frank had serious potential to be the best RB ever. He was electric as a Freshman at Miami. He averaged almost 10 ypc in college. That's insanely good. On a team loaded with studs, he stood out when his number was called. Even after the injuries, he made it to 3rd all-time on the NFL's Yards Gained list. He was joy to watch and a great role model for both the Canes & the 49ers. By all accounts, a quality person as well. Congrats on a great career, Frank. Thank you for the memories.

Advertisement
1654540401971.png

Advertisement

I remember when he was drafted

49ers fans were ****ED and I stopped just short of telling people I would fight them defending Frank (maybe I did threaten a few)

Gotta give some love to that POS Harbaugh though too. He managed Gore perfectly for years and really extended his career I think and Greg Roman was a great fit

Incredible career for sure

If he had come out nowadays we would have had to fight off every big dawg to get him. NIL bag would have been HEAVY to get him.

He would be a first ballot MLB HOF under their criteria. They put alot of stock in stat milestones and "were you a gentlemen to the game" types. Thats Gore all the way. Fits their criteria to a T..

NFL HOF is more infatuated with whether guys were famous and did they "WOW" you at any point and stupid **** like that. That said, Curtis Martin is my comparison when people say Gore wont be 1st ballot. If Curtis Martin was 1st ballot, Frank Gore needs to be as well. At no point in Curtis Martins career did he EVER "Wow" me except when I found out he was dating Toni Braxton in her prime. LOL.

When the voters are arguing on whether he should be in, the constant rebuttal should be "How can the 3rd leading rusher in NFL history not be 1st ballot? What type of precedent are we setting here?"

Advertisement
Back