Official Frank Gore hangs it up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Captain America Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll say it til my grave, what Gore was able to accomplish in the NFL was nothing short of a miracle.

My guy had to endure not one, but two ACL tears to one knee which greatly diminished his hyper athleticism coming out of Coral Gables. Then, he put up pedestrian combine #’s, scored poorly on the Wonderlic Test, had to overcome a learning disability…

Folks, teams were skittish on drafting Gore. I remember that draft very well, & I was highly nervous if Frank would be drafted. Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton were all drafted before him. Only Brown made “a” pro bowl out of this group. Gore is the epitome of what I believe in “no excuses.”

What’s going to **** me off about his career is that, yes, he’ll make it to Canton, but he’s not going to get the love & respect an Emmitt, Walter, Barry, Jim Brown or any other all time great RBs w/ these stats will receive. It’s hard to fathom that a guy who’s top 3 in NFL rushing will be considered one of the most underrated, while others consider his numbers inflated/overrated. He played on some bad 9er teams where he was the only O, but no one will take a look at his overall journey, what he’s had to endure to be a self-made NFL HOFer. To me, this is an all time story book career….just wish he didn’t have to face Ed Reed for a SB ring. Smh

Advertisement
I’ll say it til my grave, what Gore was able to accomplish in the NFL was nothing short of a miracle.

My guy had to endure not one, but two ACL tears to one knee which greatly diminished his hyper athleticism coming out of Coral Gables. Then, he put up pedestrian combine #’s, scored poorly on the Wonderlic Test, had to overcome a learning disability…

Folks, teams were skittish on drafting Gore. I remember that draft very well, & I was highly nervous if Frank would be drafted. Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, J.J. Arrington and Eric Shelton were all drafted before him. Only Brown made “a” pro bowl out of this group. Gore is the epitome of what I believe in “no excuses.”

What’s going to **** me off about his career is that, yes, he’ll make it to Canton, but he’s not going to get the love & respect an Emmitt, Walter, Barry, Jim Brown or any other all time great RBs w/ these stats will receive. It’s hard to fathom that a guy who’s top 3 in NFL rushing will be considered one of the most underrated, while others consider his numbers inflated/overrated. He played on some bad 9er teams where he was the only O, but no one will take a look at his overall journey, what he’s had to endure to be a self-made NFL HOFer. To me, this is an all time story book career….just wish he didn’t have to face Ed Reed for a SB ring. Smh
That thought just ran through my mind as I was opening this thread.

Not to threadjack but the '01 team now has the potential for 4 HOF'ers. Ed is already in. Gore will be in 2027 so that leaves Andre and Wilfork?

That thought just ran through my mind as I was opening this thread.

Not to threadjack but the '01 team now has the potential for 4 HOF'ers. Ed is already in. Gore will be in 2027 so that leaves Andre and Wilfork?

Yep and it should have been 5 (ST). Could have made 6 if Bmac had played 3-4 more years.

Advertisement
Back