Francois decommitted

Advertisement
@dsddcane fans **** on rumph not realizing he basically coaches our safeties too

Who cares? His coaching is decent but not great...And he can't recruit, neither as a salesman and landing kids or keeping a board organized, backup plans.

Time to move on from this guy. Seems like good dude, and like I said I don't think he's a bad coach. But "not a bad coach" isn't any reason for anyone to keep their job here when they are failing at recruiting.

Agreed. Very conservative with his predictions.
You would think after the last 15 yrs Cane insiders would’ve discovered that conservative is the approach to take concerning Miami recruiting. But, this approach doesn’t provide click bait and drama that sells subscriptions so I’m resigned to the fact that the majority of the info during the final days of recruiting will be nothing more than fake news.

Advertisement
Not sure why Stubbs gets such a bad rap. His guys produced when they got the ball thrown to them. Harley took another step and so did Wiggins. KJ was good as well. Nobody has been able to coach JT4 or even scheme him so thats not Stubbs fault as much as it is Enos.

Recruiting may be a knock but he has coached what he was given.
Maybe it's the fact he's lost us multiple players on this team, especially one that looked extremely promising entering his 2nd year. AND has sucked *** at recruiting, which was one of the things most people saw was one of his major flaws in his career.

There are some positions that it's more important to be great at coaching the position than recruiting - like OLine and QB..and there are some positions where it is more valuable to be a top recruiter and at least solid to good at actually coaching the position - like RB and WR. Unfortunately for us Stubbs is NOT great at coaching the position, and he sucks **** at recruiting. Not a good combo. And talk about how he's a technician all you want, but if you can't keep the talented WRs already in the room to stay on the team or get any of the top talents at WR to join the team in recruiting then you're doing a bad job. Secondly when the most naturally gifted WRs on the team - Jeff Thomas, Mark Pope, and Dee Wiggins, don't play well, and instead the only ones doing well are a grad transfer Kj osborn, and Mike Harley who was essentially force fed the ball all season, it's not a good sign for his actual skills as a coaching "technician".

Maybe it's the fact he's lost us multiple players on this team, especially one that looked extremely promising entering his 2nd year. AND has sucked *** at recruiting, which was one of the things most people saw was one of his major flaws in his career.

There are some positions that it's more important to be great at coaching the position than recruiting - like OLine and QB..and there are some positions where it is more valuable to be a top recruiter and at least solid to good at actually coaching the position - like RB and WR. Unfortunately for us Stubbs is NOT great at coaching the position, and he sucks **** at recruiting. Not a good combo. And talk about how he's a technician all you want, but if you can't keep the talented WRs already in the room to stay on the team or get any of the top talents at WR to join the team in recruiting then you're doing a bad job. Secondly when the most naturally gifted WRs on the team - Jeff Thomas, Mark Pope, and Dee Wiggins, don't play well, and instead the only ones doing well are a grad transfer Kj osborn, and Mike Harley who was essentially force fed the ball all season, it's not a good sign for his actual skills as a coaching "technician".
Redding,Daz and X are pretty solid for a WR class. All of them are good route runners with great hands. We needed more of those.

Who cares? His coaching is decent but not great...And he can't recruit, neither as a salesman and landing kids or keeping a board organized, backup plans.

Time to move on from this guy. Seems like good dude, and like I said I don't think he's a bad coach. But "not a bad coach" isn't any reason for anyone to keep their job here when they are failing at recruiting.
It seems to be enough though. Can anyone with logic say mandy didnt get a head job with the same exact circumstances.

Advertisement
Redding,Daz and X are pretty solid for a WR class. All of them are good route runners with great hands. We needed more of those.
Ah so Solid is what we're going for now lol. When every single person here was thinking this was going to be an elite WR haul this year, this is what we get? lol go ahead and be satisfied with this I guess.

Ah so Solid is what we're going for now lol. When every single person here was thinking this was going to be an elite WR haul this year, this is what we get? lol go ahead and be satisfied with this I guess.
It’s a good receiver class, don’t let your disappointment fool you. Redding brings elite athleticism to our receiver group and has very high upside. Has freakish testing numbers and in regards to all the receivers we have recruited this cycle he is the most athletic on the list. Restrepo is a good receiver that is battle tested in south Florida and another really good athlete. Worsham is solid on tape, knows how to get open and can make plays.

with that being said if you could have landed at least one of these guys that would have been great. Still mad at the recruitment of Marcus rosemy but is what it is, probably never wanted to be here no matter if we recruited him hard or not

Marcus rosemy
Thaiu Jones bell
Marcus Fleming
Chris henderson
Bryan robinson

I'll add Mike Harley did not play with good technique. He "produced" because he was forcefed targets as the slot, but he was awful from an efficiency perspective.

Advertisement
Pretty obvious WRs couldn’t get off press and the defenses adjusted by playing more man during games. That’s mostly on the WR coach, some on player, and to a lesser extent S&C program. I concluded Stubblefield needs to go.

Why u dont cry about firing these other dudes? They all are *** but why just focus on rumph when the sad part is he aint even the worst

I'll take Redding over Robinson any day of the week. Redding is legit. Daz is a toss up but he's a great route runner and should be a Kj Osborn type of WR. X has the potential to be Berrios. I thought it was a good class...

Advertisement
I'll take Redding over Robinson any day of the week. Redding is legit. Daz is a toss up but he's a great route runner and should be a Kj Osborn type of WR. X has the potential to be Berrios. I thought it was a good class...
I think Restrepo has higher upside than berrios, he’s used to playing high level competition whereas berrrios wasn’t coming into Miami

Advertisement
Back