Francois decommitted

Lol...no, there is no basis for this at all.

Alabama has put ELEVEN defensive backs into Day 1 or Day 2 since 2010.
Ohio State has put EIGHT defensive backs into Day 1 or Day 2 since 2016.

The DBs at Miami were talented and generally pretty well recruited...they are good football players...I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that if our good DBs were actually coached by legit DB coaches at schools that have traditionally put out very strong defensive backs for the NFL that these very talented players would be much higher draft picks.

Why wouldn't Sheldrick Redwine be the not-injured version of Eddie Jackson? (Jackson would have been a very early Day 2 pick if not for injury)...or how could Mike Jackson not have been a higher than 5th Round pick as a 6'1" super athletic corner prospect from Alabama. All of those dudes get drafted in R1 or R2.

I mean, no offense bud...but there is ALL THE BASIS for my statement to be true. Search your heart and your feelings and you know it to be true, too. We've wasted so much f'n talent at this school its insane.

Advertisement

The DBs at Miami were talented and generally pretty well recruited...they are good football players...I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that if our good DBs were actually coached by legit DB coaches at schools that have traditionally put out very strong defensive backs for the NFL that these very talented players would be much higher draft picks.

Why wouldn't Sheldrick Redwine be the not-injured version of Eddie Jackson? (Jackson would have been a very early Day 2 pick if not for injury)...or how could Mike Jackson not have been a higher than 5th Round pick as a 6'1" super athletic corner prospect from Alabama. All of those dudes get drafted in R1 or R2.

I mean, no offense bud...but there is ALL THE BASIS for my statement to be true. Search your heart and your feelings and you know it to be true, too. We've wasted so much f'n talent at this school its insane.

It's not a matter of heart and feelings...I saw all those players play quite a bit...I admit I thought M.Jax would go a little higher. And thought Redwine went about a round high. But the teams you mentioned have had dbs drafted early and late, so it's not like all their db automatically go high.

It's not a matter of heart and feelings...I saw all those players play quite a bit...I admit I thought M.Jax would go a little higher. And thought Redwine went about a round high. But the teams you mentioned have had dbs drafted early and late, so it's not like all their db automatically go high.

You’re missing the point; it’s the propensity & likelihood of these guys going high and even for guys like Eddie Jackson that went late, he’s now established himself as one of the best S in the NFL.

I’m going to continue to beat this drum until everyone understand the minds of a parent or an 17/18 yr old young adult....optics. Optically we r not that team. Until we get guys drafted high or win on the field or flat out pay to play, highly ranked kids won’t be coming here and no one on our staff have the gift to sell to overcome that.

You’re missing the point; it’s the propensity & likelihood of these guys going high and even for guys like Eddie Jackson that went late, he’s now established himself as one of the best S in the NFL.

I’m going to continue to beat this drum until everyone understand the minds of a parent or an 17/18 yr old young adult....optics. Optically we r not that team. Until we get guys drafted high or win on the field or flat out pay to play, highly ranked kids won’t be coming here and no one on our staff have the gift to sell to overcome that.

I'm not arguing FOR UM one bit...I'm just saying that particular point is exaggerated.

I'm not talking about the optics for parents or none of that jazz, I'm saying the point itself isn't valid. And it seemed like the other poster wasn't speaking optics, he was saying that's how it goes for the NFL, and I'm saying it isn't.

Facts:

1) ALL top programs pay well enough to get good coaches and have good facilities. Miami has good facilities now, coaches being paid well. So does Tennessee, USC, Virginia, Michigan, Washington, UNC, TCU, etc, etc. etc.

2) The elite teams in college football, ALSO pay for their players. (Clemson, Alabama, OSU, etc.)

3) If you don’t pay for your players, you’re NOT breaking into the elite. Period.

If you’re confused, reread the above.
Facts

Advertisement
I'm not arguing FOR UM one bit...I'm just saying that particular point is exaggerated.

I'm not talking about the optics for parents or none of that jazz, I'm saying the point itself isn't valid. And it seemed like the other poster wasn't speaking optics, he was saying that's how it goes for the NFL, and I'm saying it isn't.

Let me ask u; was Rumph a 1st round talent while playing at UM? Honest question. First, let me apologize, I’m just assuming you’ve been a fan that long.

Let me ask u; was Rumph a 1st round talent while playing at UM? Honest question. First, let me apologize, I’m just assuming you’ve been a fan that long.

Ya, or probably at least top 2, he was pretty **** good in college.

To parents and children today...

We ******* stink. We are trash.

We, as fans, have a hard time understanding this.

So you guys are saying that a dude is going to get drafted higher cause he goes to bama?
If that’s the case then bust U is bama x 100.
They should be filling the draft with the amount of talent they recruit at.
Redwine wasn’t making first round regardless where he went. JJ wouldn’t have even started for Saban. Just because he had bigger faster guys to pass up.
The problem is we relish in the fact that we keep putting dudes in the nfl. And that’s great I love it.
But that’s where it stops.
Everyone kept saying golden did less with more cause of the amount of dudes he kept putting in the league by accident cause we live in Sofla.
And that has been the perception with this program for the last 10 years.
“How can we suck so much when we keep putting dudes on the league?”
The answer is simple: After the dudes that get drafted (and leave early) the talent drop off in this team is monumental. That sht doesn’t happen at bama. The difference between a player that can play in the the league for a few years vs one that doesn’t is way larger than many think. After that the level of talent required to even start on some these teams compared to ours may be just as large. We have starters in the trenches that wouldn’t even get recruited by any of the teams in the playoffs. Maybe more exposure may have gotten Redwine and JJ drafted higher but these scouts get paid to look under every peeble for a player. And while we may have a woe is me attitude right now I’m sure scouts now where to find talent and UM is a place that delivers year in and year out.
But Minkah Fitzpatrick was a 1st round talent before he commited to bama and so was Patrick Peterson and likely Stevenson was before ehe committed to UGA
We have teams on probation right now with more scholarship players than we do. That is 100 on the coaches. But trying to get 85 players that can compete with bama and UGA IS AN EXPENSE THIS SCHOOL ISN'T WILLING TO TOLERATE.

Advertisement
Facts:

1) ALL top programs pay well enough to get good coaches and have good facilities. Miami has good facilities now, coaches being paid well. So does Tennessee, USC, Virginia, Michigan, Washington, UNC, TCU, etc, etc. etc.

2) The elite teams in college football, ALSO pay for their players. (Clemson, Alabama, OSU, etc.)

3) If you don’t pay for your players, you’re NOT breaking into the elite. Period.

If you’re confused, reread the above.
And you know this for a fact because you saw the cash change hands? Answer that, name names, give dates and and I might give you some credibility.

And you know this for a fact because you saw the cash change hands? Answer that, name names, give dates and and I might give you some credibility.
Your right.
But what we all have is a sht load of pretty convincing circumstantial evidence.
Most schools can’t keep players for their senior year if they get a draft grade.
Clemson kept 4 dudes that were all graded in the top 2 rounds. Bama keeps a bunch. So I’ll ask you what it would take for you to turn down first day draft money? A slide? A 24 kitchen with some on demand steak? A doge challenger?
An f-150? I’m sure the extra year of pounding your body and lounging in the put put course will ease the pain of holding off that signing bonus.
Bama convinced a top rated defensive end to grey shirt. Yeah pay his own way for one year to an oos school. Seems legit to me.
LSU is somewhow getting away with a pending federal investigation.
Miss st and ole miss were caught and official testimony retracted from the transcript that singled out all the other schools that paid the player being investigated.
Clemson’s player gets caught taking ped’s and nobody says A **** THING!!
There is a lot more an I mean a lot more.
So while no one has the DEA level wire tap or video evidence of forensic hard drive evidence. There is a mountain of circumstancial evidence that seems to be glanced over for some reason.
But you want to know when it isn’t glanced over?
When it’s us.
And for that we have actuall evidence of a 3 year investigation that we just stopped paying for last year that found way less than what’s been found and investigated at other schools.

Your right.
But what we all have is a sht load of pretty convincing circumstantial evidence.
Most schools can’t keep players for their senior year if they get a draft grade.
Clemson kept 4 dudes that were all graded in the top 2 rounds. Bama keeps a bunch. So I’ll ask you what it would take for you to turn down first day draft money? A slide? A 24 kitchen with some on demand steak? A doge challenger?
An f-150? I’m sure the extra year of pounding your body and lounging in the put put course will ease the pain of holding off that signing bonus.
Bama convinced a top rated defensive end to grey shirt. Yeah pay his own way for one year to an oos school. Seems legit to me.
LSU is somewhow getting away with a pending federal investigation.
Miss st and ole miss were caught and official testimony retracted from the transcript that singled out all the other schools that paid the player being investigated.
Clemson’s player gets caught taking ped’s and nobody says A **** THING!!
There is a lot more an I mean a lot more.
So while no one has the DEA level wire tap or video evidence of forensic hard drive evidence. There is a mountain of circumstancial evidence that seems to be glanced over for some reason.
But you want to know when it isn’t glanced over?
When it’s us.
And for that we have actuall evidence of a 3 year investigation that we just stopped paying for last year that found way less than what’s been found and investigated at other schools.

There is one man that can connect the dots and get to the botom of this.......
ContentSplendidHeifer-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Advertisement

:snoopfacepalm:

Completely vehemently disagree. Could not disagree more.
I agree. Acting like bama sprinkled nfl fairy dust on the dudes they’ve had drafted.
I don’t see Jobe solidifying his spot anywhere on that team so far.
But you know who’s not getting benched? Ps2.
You know why that is? Cause he’s freaking elite before he got there and everyone knew it. And we all know who coached him right? The same dude everyone wants out of here.

Advertisement
I agree. Acting like bama sprinkled nfl fairy dust on the dudes they’ve had drafted.
I don’t see Jobe solidifying his spot anywhere on that team so far.
But you know who’s not getting benched? Ps2.
You know why that is? Cause he’s freaking elite before he got there and everyone knew it. And we all know who coached him right? The same dude everyone wants out of here.

So you don’t think his dad, who’s a 3x pro bowler had anything to do w his son? Lol. Just saying.

So you don’t think his dad, who’s a 3x pro bowler had anything to do w his son? Lol. Just saying.
Never said that. But some Kids have it and some don’t. Work ethic and discipline has a lot to do with it as well obviously.
But most former players kids don’t pan out.
Kid was gifted and was put in the right position. We talk a lot about coaching on here. But we how can you explain some kids from fcs schools getting a high draft pick and those schools never duplicating it?
How come central Michigan never had another Antonio Brown or just a good enough receiver to get drafted?
I remember seeing video of ps2 at receiver in one of those 7on7 camps. He was mossing everyone.
Remember Judy’s film as a dB? It was just as impressive as his receiving highlights.
So everyone wants to jump on bama osu lsu as some school that produces nfl talent. They all get credit for putting 5 star dudes in the league that they mostly pay for. Dudes that fiu would put in the league If they went there. But we keep putting guys in the league that no one thought would be there. And instead of applauding it we bash the coaches cause “bama would’ve gotten them drafted higher”.
So Saban is gonna get credit for putting these 5 stars in the league but doesn’t take any heat for highly rated dudes on his team that never even got drafted. Raymond gonna get credit for putting Delpite in the league. Freaking kool was hyped up as putting low rated linemen in the league but Rumph is meh?
We land a 4 star and he doesn’t get drafted we don’t develop talent is the narrative. We get a low rated 3 star in the league people say “big deal Toledo has a 3atar dude in the draft as well”.
How many 4 stars have passed through uga bama lsu osu oklahome over the last ten years and didn’t get drafted? Everyone gets a **** pass except us.
I’ll put it this way: in the last 10 years have we failed to put a 5 star in the league? Even golden put duke in the nfl. But we say ohh duke was going anyway.
If duke goes somewhere else ohh he went there because that team can put him in the league and we can’t.

Advertisement
Back