Francois decommitted

I didn’t say Meyers would come here. I said for the last time, IF WE’RE GOING TO PAY FOR MANNY ALMOST 8 MILLION DOLLARS, Y NOT GO AFTER MEYERS, THEN? I wasn’t specifying Meyers v. highlighting how utterly ridiculous it was to pay that much cash for an unproven coach!

you're not realizing the school is paying manny 7.1 (buyout plus salary) for 1 year. they'd pay urban 8-10 yearly. the school hasn't paid more than 4 a year for a coach ever. come on now

Advertisement
I don’t necessarily look at stars and things of that nature but after watching this kid on tape he’s a dog but I want to trust there is enough talent in south Florida to replace him

He likes manny. 0-2 and cmu makes him think he’s the same old Miami. Can’t blame Banda. Kids wanna win

He likes manny. 0-2 and cmu makes him think he’s the same old Miami. Can’t blame Banda. Kids wanna win
Texas A&M & FSU are both 3-2. No impressive wins and 2 terrible losses. Both teams are ranked 6+ spots higher than Miami in the recruiting rankings, Miami record can certainly impact these kids swaying but Banda is simply not getting it done, this isn’t the #1 DB that all the SEC schools are throwing bags at, this is a SFLO recruit who loves Miami and should still be committed to us, these are the recruits you should win, and they’re simply not getting it done, period.

Advertisement
Some of our respected posters think he's the goods, I hope they're right but I don't see it.

i agree with you...

Idk I’ve seen some kids with length who have very under average speed become really great players in college and make the NFL

if he can learn great technique, plays with confidence and knows his limitation I think he’ll succeed

Texas A&M & FSU are both 3-2. No impressive wins and 2 terrible losses. Both teams are ranked 6+ spots higher than Miami in the recruiting rankings, Miami record can certainly impact these kids swaying but Banda is simply not getting it done, this isn’t the #1 DB that all the SEC schools are throwing bags at, this is a SFLO recruit who loves Miami and should still be committed to us, these are the recruits you should win, and they’re simply not getting it done, period.

FSU will always recruit better than miami on average. their brand is that theyre gonna get kids there no matter who's there or how theyre doing (same with FL). Jimbo can sell anything to anyone

Blaming the coaches for a recruit's fickleness is foolish. The coaches can do everything right and still lose a player. That's just part of recruiting these days.

Sure, but we lose players are incredible rates that others schools don't....and it seems like Banda get's played the most for whatever reason.

Banda comes across as a guy who tries to be more a bff/cool uncle instead of a respected coach/mentor guys want to go to battle with and learn from.

Advertisement
Tell me one reason why - if you're a defensive back - you should come to the University of Miami and get coached by Mike Rumph or BANDA. And say it with a straight face. Tell me one reason.

...and on top of it, he's got offers from teams that have like a combined 73 first round defensive backs in recent history.

Please tell me why.

Francois will be missed. He's a really good football player. I'll just say...I understand.

Was he worth that 7.1 today?

i haven't defended manny or enos for that matter this year. they've all gotten out coached. you clearly don't understand the program if you think theyre gonna spend 15-20 mill on a football coaching staff with 8-10 going to an HC.

i haven't defended manny or enos for that matter this year. they've all gotten out coached. you clearly don't understand the program if you think theyre gonna spend 15-20 mill on a football coaching staff with 8-10 going to an HC.

I’ve been around this program longer than a lot on here, and I’m telling u based upon 7.1 spent this yr, the 12m we spent for Richt’s 3 yrs, the narrative of being broke needs to end. We r literally wasting money left and right on these fringe hires. That’s why we’re stagnant, begging for donations.

Anyways, I’m done w this back & forth. I got something else to get off my chest

Advertisement
I’ve been around this program longer than a lot on here, and I’m telling u based upon 7.1 spent this yr, the 12m we spent for Richt’s 3 yrs, the narrative of being broke needs to end. We r literally wasting money left and right on these fringe hires. That’s why we’re stagnant, begging for donations.

Anyways, I’m done w this back & forth. I got something else to get off my chest

again I never said broke so stop putting those words in my mouth. we spent a million on palm trees on campus. were not broke. we wont spend 20 ANNUALLY on a coach like meyer bc they don't care enough and neither does the fan base in terms of dollars, asses in seats, and booster donations. spending 12 mill over 3 years isnt the same as spending 10 annually on one coach. were just talking past each other bc it doesnt seem like youre getting my point.

again I never said broke so stop putting those words in my mouth. we spent a million on palm trees on campus. were not broke. we wont spend 20 ANNUALLY on a coach like meyer bc they don't care enough and neither does the fan base in terms of dollars, asses in seats, and booster donations. spending 12 mill over 3 years isnt the same as spending 10 annually on one coach. were just talking past each other bc it doesnt seem like youre getting my point.

Where did I say u said we were broke? It’s u that’s not getting the point, so let’s just stop the back & forth. Everyone seems to be getting what I’m saying except u, so let’s just end this.

Advertisement
Tell me one reason why - if you're a defensive back - you should come to the University of Miami and get coached by Mike Rumph or BANDA. And say it with a straight face. Tell me one reason.

...and on top of it, he's got offers from teams that have like a combined 73 first round defensive backs in recent history.

Please tell me why.

Francois will be missed. He's a really good football player. I'll just say...I understand.

@BoxingRobes redwine, Jackson, dean say hello.

Nice to see somebody eise not in denial.

This is facts.

Facts:

1) ALL top programs pay well enough to get good coaches and have good facilities. Miami has good facilities now, coaches being paid well. So does Tennessee, USC, Virginia, Michigan, Washington, UNC, TCU, etc, etc. etc.

2) The elite teams in college football, ALSO pay for their players. (Clemson, Alabama, OSU, etc.)

3) If you don’t pay for your players, you’re NOT breaking into the elite. Period.

If you’re confused, reread the above.

Advertisement
Back