Franco Harris died

am i the only one who as a child thought his name was Frank O'Harris?

Advertisement
My grandfather, RIP was a life long head football coach and loved the game. Being from PA he would talk about Franco at some point every time the word football came up. He is a legend and left his mark. That's what every player wants to do at any level in their career. Legacy

Right after high school, they held the "Super Stars" competition at Rotunda West over here on the West Coast, which one of the networks carried. It brought all sorts of famous athletes and entertainers through Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte. OJ was here, it attracted the biggest athletes in the country. Two of my high school teammates ran into Franco at the Bowlerama; one was our All-State MLB/QB who was playing college football at the time. He looked at him, and said to my other buddy, our DE, "Imagine having to tackle that big SOB?"

Here's the 100 yard dash Franco beats Earl: Earl Campbell, Franco Harris, Greg Pruitt, Walter Payton and Cliff Harris. But look at his size.

Franco's Italian Army, some of you young guys, give it a look. Frank Sinatra was chairman of the board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back