Franco Harris died

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Very, very sad :cry:! Although I'm not a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I consider Franco Harris as one of the best RBs of all time and one of the keys to the great Steelers' teams of the past. RIP Franco Harris! May God forever hold you in his loving embrace! My condolences to the entire Harris family.

****. I’ve been a Steelers fan since 1976. I was too young to watch the Immaculate Reception live but it is still the greatest play in Steelers history and maybe pro football history considering the dynasty that followed.

Been a Steelers diehard for 50 years now — and Franco was my favorite player from the early days.

Still remember losing my 8-year-old mind on the Immaculate Reception (lol, wouldn't we all like to see videos of ourselves as crazy little fans).

That play launched the 1970's dynasty.

R.I.P. to a true legend.

221221-Franco-Harris-al-0712-81eb88.jpg

Advertisement
I got to meet him at the Steelers Hall of Honor ceremony a few years ago, and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. RIP to a legend. His Italian Army and all of Steeler nation will be pouring one out today
So I see you shopped at the same grocery store as I did when I was in Pittsburgh. Can;t remember the name.

Advertisement
Hard to think of what would be comparable in South Florida as far as an athlete's/icon's passing. In Pittsburgh, Franco probably wouldn't be listed if you asked people to name local GoATs but he'd immediately be placed on their Mount Rushmore of favorite and/or most important sports figures.

Advertisement
Back