Franchise was 100000% correct

@The Franchise

Your post last week is even more prescient.

I did post about our cycle and this is it.

1) Win enough games in a crappy conference and improve the product incrementally enough to continually sign top 10/15 classes and stack as many chips as possible.

2) Hope that we simply out-talent teams and continue to pick up wins that way, so that #1 can repeat.

3) Hopefully #1 repeats enough for us to eventually have enough talent across the board to overcome the shoddy coaching/scheming/MD's leadership gaps.

Now the issue we face is that if we had competent coaching, our ceiling would be much higher and we could deploy that potential talent to a higher ceiling.

As it stands, we are severely capped and will always come up short against teams with similar talent and will also be in dogfights with teams such as Pitt, Louisville etc.
You basically just described Dabo Swinney's first six years at Clemson.

It's a formula that can lead you to the College Football Playoffs.

Advertisement
Um....

You asked about 9-3 every year. I said yes. That’s a 75% win percentage. A lot of great coaches never touched that and never will.

I’m fine with consistent 9 or more win seasons even if every win is ugly. Because then at some point 5 or more years down the road this is a winning program with a current winning tradition, real fans, real financial backing from donors, and then can make the leap from the “disappointment” of 9 win seasons...

This program needs to win consistently before you lunatics start talking about championships. The 2001 team was 19 years ago, get over it. My hope is manny wins consistently so this program can eventually move on from him after this program shows some level of being a consistent winner.

Or we can all cry like 8 year olds and pine for stupid options like Leach and butch or insane options like Meyer (who wouldn’t touch this program until there was some semblance of a top program - ie winning).

So you are ok with a mediocre program noted.

Top 10 or 15 recruiting classes and/or recruits don't mean isht if they are not developed once they get to UM. Some of the top talent that we have bagged over the years did not improve during their stay at UM. When you see players making the same mistakes year after year, that is on the coaching staff.

I still scratch my head at that. It seems 30% of our offense in every game is the same exact play. And 90% of the results from that one single play is the same - King fakes a run left or right, the HB runs into the middle of the defense and is gobbled up for a 1 to at most 3 yard gain.

It's as frustrating as it was in 2013 watching us executing Coley's new offense - almost every play the QB would run to the line of scrimmage, then pause and stand, then look around in confusion for a number of seconds, then try to snap the ball before the play clock expired. With the variation being either being called for delay of game, or Al Golden calling timeouts. I remember us getting called for a delay of game after we came back from a timeout!
Lashlee is more Malzahn than sonny dykes... This is the same stuff Malzahn got lambasted for. I just look at this as a bridge/transition to a modern spread offense and hopefully the next OC will implement it.

Agreed!
I think he'll get us closer cause apparently kids like him and hes bringing in good classes, then go get Vrabel!
Wait.

Did you say Mike Vrabel? The HC of the currently undefeated and last year's #2 AFC team, the Tennessee Titans???

Advertisement
So you are ok with a mediocre program noted.
Your inability to understand math, words and common sense is frankly impressive. I’m in awe.

You think winning 75% of games is the mark of a mediocre program.

This saves me having to read future posts from you.

Your inability to understand math, words and common sense is frankly impressive. I’m in awe.

You think winning 75% of games is the mark of a mediocre program.

This saves me having to read future posts from you.

It’s mediocre for this program. These new fans kill me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back