Franchise was 100000% correct

hiphopanimal

Freshman
@The Franchise

Your post last week is even more prescient.

I did post about our cycle and this is it.

1) Win enough games in a crappy conference and improve the product incrementally enough to continually sign top 10/15 classes and stack as many chips as possible.

2) Hope that we simply out-talent teams and continue to pick up wins that way, so that #1 can repeat.

3) Hopefully #1 repeats enough for us to eventually have enough talent across the board to overcome the shoddy coaching/scheming/MD's leadership gaps.

Now the issue we face is that if we had competent coaching, our ceiling would be much higher and we could deploy that potential talent to a higher ceiling.

As it stands, we are severely capped and will always come up short against teams with similar talent and will also be in dogfights with teams such as Pitt, Louisville etc.

Advertisement
@The Franchise

1) Win enough games in a crappy conference and improve the product incrementally enough to continually sign top 10/15 classes and stack as many chips as possible.

2) Hope that we simply out-talent teams and continue to pick up wins that way, so that #1 can repeat.

3) Hopefully #1 repeats enough for us to eventually have enough talent across the board to overcome the shoddy coaching/scheming/MD's leadership gaps.

Now the issue we face is that if we had competent coaching, our ceiling would be much higher and we could deploy that potential talent to a higher ceiling.

As it stands, we are severely capped and will always come up short against teams with similar talent and will also be in dogfights with teams such as Pitt, Louisville etc.
Franchise is 1000000000000000000000000000% Correct

Says Franchise on his burner account.

:ROFLMAO:

Guys our players aren't even close to be required to win at next level. We can still win 10 games but no shot against the big boys. Give us OSU or BAMA talent and this staff is not gonna lose. Coaches are far from perfect but players win games. Defensively we do plenty to win. Unfortunately games are won in the trenches and our online is still dog ****.

Advertisement
I don't know that we'll be competing with Clemson, Alabama and OSU for another 2 to 3 years minimum, this should only 2 games this year (I don't actually think we should lose to UNC) but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are allowed.

My goal for the team was a big time bowl game, if we get there we're always in the spotlight and its showing continued improvement. Good thing is, Lashlee ain't going anywhere so he can start building up the roster with his guys (i.e., Likens and Justice), so far I think they're eye for talent has been pretty good in the limited sample.

This is the Clemson model. They were winning 9/10 games a year and hanging out ranked in the teens for years before they became a power. Their consistency allowed them to recruit top 10/15 classes and eventually ascend when they picked up their all world qb deshaun Watson.

Completely agree that this is what we need to do. Give us a few years consistently of being a top 15 team and watch our local recruiting improve

@The Franchise

I've known Franchise for 20+ yrs....just wait until you hear his Fireside Chat today......

This is the Clemson model. They were winning 9/10 games a year and hanging out ranked in the teens for years before they became a power. Their consistency allowed them to recruit top 10/15 classes and eventually ascend when they picked up their all world qb deshaun Watson.

Completely agree that this is what we need to do. Give us a few years consistently of being a top 15 team and watch our local recruiting improve
This is The very reason why I don’t want to play Clemson again. Right now, we are not in a place to play anyone anywhere anytime. We will hopefully get back to that, but right now, we need to stack chips. The best way to do that is to prove 2 players that we are building and improving and trending up.

Advertisement
@The Franchise

Right On Brother! We need better Coordinators and Assistants.

Advertisement
Honest question. I watched Manny last night and never saw him doing anything but standing on the sideline and looking at the field. He never seems to be involved, encouraging units or getting in a player or units faces. He unfortunately reminds me of Larry Coker who always seemed to be asleep on the sidelines. There are enough things that need to be corrected or improved during the game and he doesn't seem to be involved or show any emotion.

Honest question. I watched Manny last night and never saw him doing anything but standing on the sideline and looking at the field. He never seems to be involved, encouraging units or getting in a player or units faces. He unfortunately reminds me of Larry Coker who always seemed to be asleep on the sidelines. There are enough things that need to be corrected or improved during the game and he doesn't seem to be involved or show any emotion.
as a DC manny showed plenty of emotion. i dont necessarily think an HC has to be a rah rah type on the sidelines to be successful. what he needs to do is what he did last year with the D tho -- get more involved again imo.

Advertisement
Guys our players aren't even close to be required to win at next level. We can still win 10 games but no shot against the big boys. Give us OSU or BAMA talent and this staff is not gonna lose. Coaches are far from perfect but players win games. Defensively we do plenty to win. Unfortunately games are won in the trenches and our online is still dog ****.
Stupidest take I’ve ever seen on here!! We are top 15 in blue chip ratio. That means we have top 15 talent most of which were recruited by everyone. We have no top anything coaches whatsoever. Do you think the top teams would want ANY of our coaches?! **** to da naaawww!!! Give lashlee bama offense he would still run zone read all day right into the middle of the defense! Bama does not do that lol.
they would stack the box against us still and lashlee still would do wr screens to the short side of the field lmao. That’s why they almost had a pick six on one because they know exactly wtf we do each down. Dive or screens to the WR that’s on the short side of the field. We FINALLY ran ONE smash route yesterday to the middle of the field and it was wide tf open but King threw it to the heavens and Harley is 5’9”. Our coaches are bad on both sides. Baker out here channeling his inner No’D playing bend don’t break 🤦🏾‍♂️

Our fans don't get that. Dabo was a cheerleader at Clemson for years, but he was a players coach. Sounds familiar

Advertisement
Back