Fox Sports: Why Al Golden Is All But Fired

The other thing that is not being discussed is Miami's down slide in the NCAA APR every year since he has been here. Graduating kids has always been a HUGE component for the UM administration an now Miami is middle of the ACC pack with a 967 APR score, down from 990 when he first arrived at Miami. Combined with his lack of performance on the field and That is why Blake James is talking real tough about AL Golden being a dog that won't hunt.

Hopefully he can get it together because I just can't root for Miami to have a bad or just average year.

Go Canes

So wait a minute: we have thugs raping girls and confessing, thieves, druggies, players beating up other students, massive attrition AND dumb *** players and we STILL SUCK! What the **** is this? JJ had graduation rates at of above PSU and kicked the crap out of everyone. And then we have Duke, a choir boy if there every was one, and he gets blames as the locker room trouble maker. Maybe we can't fire Al but can we get him committed to the crazy house cause this dude is nuts.

Advertisement
What makes anybody think the Miami administration actually wants to win?

Any pressure to win will come from stakeholders like the ACC and Adidas. If it is up to the administration, they would keep the status quo.

Nail hit on head. We need ACC to insist on change and threaten to throw us out if not. We were brought in the give them shot at title every year - us or noles. Only ACC can fix this. Beating Miami can't mean that much to the other school now that we are local **** everyone does.

Al will be gone after Clemson game, that stretch from Sept. 19 to Oct. 24 is brutal Neb, Cincy, FSU,VA Tech, Clemson. I honestly don't think we win any of those. Hope I'm wrong

Al will be gone after Clemson game, that stretch from Sept. 19 to Oct. 24 is brutal Neb, Cincy, FSU,VA Tech, Clemson. I honestly don't think we win any of those. Hope I'm wrong

Depending on how improved Kaaya is, we MIGHT win Nebraska. However, that will be a false dawn. We'll get bested by Cincy, FSU WILL kick our *** (again), we'll be in a funk so we'll lose to Va Tech, and Clemson will beat us.

They won't fire Golden until the end of the year, though. That's not how the Board of Fail works.

Advertisement
If, and it's a big "if", they actually fire Golden I can't see them doing it during the season. They've been in no hurry to get rid of one of the worst head coaches in division 1......I mean they just retained the guy after a S E V E N loss season....you think they won't at least wait til the end of the season?

I think you guys are missing the fact that Shalala is gone. This means Al is too.

You kidding? They hired a prettier version of her. BOT is happy with situation. Hope they all get personally sued when school goes broke over U Health.

Rooting for losses and UHealth to run the school into the ground.

Sadly it really seems like this is the course of events that would have to happen for any sort of real change to come to pass.

Advertisement
Back