Fox Sports: Why Al Golden Is All But Fired

Even with the cloud...if we hired Butch in 2010, with His eye for talent, and recruiting footprint in SW & SE Florida, along with the Gulf Coast...He'd have us knockin' on the door right now, ready to kick that bi tc h in.

Advertisement
It still boggles my mind that a coach that loses S E V E N games in his F O U R T H year as head coach at Miami is ALLOWED TO RETURN FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

Worst administration in the country....hands down.

Advertisement
I honestly believe that this is a make or break season for al. I bet Blake has already warned him. I know our admin looks like pu**y but if they wanted to kill the program they wouldn't be updating the facilities the way that they have.

Why would an admin that hates the football program fire Golden?

This combined with the fact we have one of the easiest schedules in the history of the programs existence worries me. An extremely well trained chimpanzee could coach this team to 8 wins by accident with that schedule and Kaaya showing natural improvement in his second year.

And God knows....that in the eyes of the worst administration in the country 8 wins would be deemed a great season and he'd probably get a lifetime deal.

Advertisement
O

This combined with the fact we have one of the easiest schedules in the history of the programs existence worries me. An extremely well trained chimpanzee could coach this team to 8 wins by accident with that schedule and Kaaya showing natural improvement in his second year.

And God knows....that in the eyes of the worst administration in the country 8 wins would be deemed a great season and he'd probably get a lifetime deal.

Careful now. This is Folden' Al coaching this team. Don't be surprised if we get a major surprise against FAU.

This has been my position (and a few others) for a while now. Barring 2 wins, and even then I doubt it, Golden will remain here until his K is up at minimum.

Yep. If 10 million on the table was too much to fire him, 8 million will still be too much to fire him. I think he keeps his job as low as a 4-8 season.

Advertisement
Lmfao..the thought of a 9 win season is the ultimate nightmare scenario.

UM

It's the absolute worst thing that could happen to this program....although I'd argue 8 wins probably buys him more time given the fact the program is currently being run by the biggest bunch of ******* morons in the history of college football.

We need losses in the worst way this year. Both the short and long term future of this program depends on it.

Advertisement
I don't think he keeps his job with a 7-5 record. 8 wins, maybe. 7 and I think he's gone.
I'm almost hoping for a losing season this year so that way the administration will definitely fire Golden. My worst nightmare is that we go 7-5 and the administration will keep Al.

I don't think he keeps his job with a 7-5 record. 8 wins, maybe. 7 and I think he's gone.
I'm almost hoping for a losing season this year so that way the administration will definitely fire Golden. My worst nightmare is that we go 7-5 and the administration will keep Al.

HE JUST LOST S E V E N GAMES

In his F O U R T H full year

And he was RETAINED for another season.

How the **** can anyone say with any level of confidence that he's gone after 7 wins? We are dealing with the most incompetent adminstration in the history of collegiate sports.

I think 7 and he's safe...8 and he gets big time praise from the idiots running our program....9 wins and he'll get another extension and a statue on campus.

I have zero doubt the admin and Blake are hoping Golden can crack 7 wins, at least that way they can sell improvement. 6 or less wins would be a tough sell but they don't really care about the fan base so he could be retained. Magic number to have golden fired is 4 or 5 wins on the season IMO.

In in terms of getting rid of the football program, I don't think they want to get rid of it, they probably view it as a necessity but one that is so low on the priority list that they don't give it the necessary resources to thrive. As long as there is no trouble from any of the players then they are happy with their 6 to 9 win seasons.

I have zero doubt the admin and Blake are hoping Golden can crack 7 wins, at least that way they can sell improvement. 6 or less wins would be a tough sell but they don't really care about the fan base so he could be retained. Magic number to have golden fired is 4 or 5 wins on the season IMO.

In in terms of getting rid of the football program, I don't think they want to get rid of it, they probably view it as a necessity but one that is so low on the priority list that they don't give it the necessary resources to thrive. As long as there is no trouble from any of the players then they are happy with their 6 to 9 win seasons.

There's little doubt in my mind that 7 wins is AT BEST a 50-50 proposition as to him getting fired. If he accidentally wins 8 or 9 forget about it...he'll be here for at least another recruiting cycle.

This is the thing the gung ho super fan Don Bailey Jr wannabe's on this site fail to understand.....wins are losses at this point.

Advertisement
Back