Four-star EDGE Elias Rudolph flips from Michigan to the Canes

View as article
Advertisement
There are a handful of comments in here stating we are ‘stacked’ at DE.

Here’s the projection for 2024:

Edge or Jack: Kelly/Wayne?/Harvey if he returns for a 6th year/Moss/Lightfoot/Rudolph
SSDE: Bain (who may end up at 3T to replace LT)/Wayne (if he gains enough weight to move over from Edge)/Acheampong/Chantz (if he doesn't portal)

That's 9 total DEs - some are specifically Edge/Jack players and some SSDE roles only - with Harvey and Chantz as possible Grad Transfer or Portal candidates.

If Bain slides inside, we don't have any depth at SSDE. If Bain slides inside and Wayne doesn't grow to about 265-270, it'd have to be something totally different than one what we do this year.

We could say "hey, we'll get a portal guy," but we also likely need 2 portal DTs. I think Moss needs to finally show up on the field by next year and Lightfoot would have to be an immediate contributor for us to say we're "stacked."

Crazy we all just can't be happy when we land a kid anymore. Slurpers taking shots left & right in the thread. Stfu & enjoy a commitment from a very nice prospect. EVERYONE that's here on the regular wants the same thing and that's Miami to win. Nice pickup. Lets go!
These positive threads have turned into more complaining about “mopes” and “star whores” THAN ACTUAL moping or star whoring

Advertisement
I'm no longer guessing as to the behind the scenes. I'm just gonna analyze the class when it's done, and provide info on the Franklin recruitment.

This recruiting cycle is simply too bizarre at this point for me to glean too much.
The only logical conclusion that I can reach is that we can afford certain highly ranked players; Lightfoot, Rudolph, Riley, Trader, and not others; Simmons, Stewart, Ahfua.

driving joy ride GIF

Advertisement

Edge or Jack: Kelly/Wayne?/Harvey if he returns for a 6th year/Moss/Lightfoot/Rudolph
SSDE: Bain (who may end up at 3T to replace LT)/Wayne (if he gains enough weight to move over from Edge)/Acheampong/Chantz (if he doesn't portal)

That's 9 total DEs - some are specifically Edge/Jack players and some SSDE roles only - with Harvey and Chantz as possible Grad Transfer or Portal candidates.

If Bain slides inside, we don't have any depth at SSDE. If Bain slides inside and Wayne doesn't grow to about 265-270, it'd have to be something totally different than one what we do this year.

We could say "hey, we'll get a portal guy," but we also likely need 2 portal DTs. I think Moss needs to finally show up on the field by next year and Lightfoot would have to be an immediate contributor for us to say we're "stacked."

Agree I don’t know why ppl keep saying we are stacked. We aren’t stacked.

Advertisement
Advertisement

At least we got talent. Cristobal and crew will adjust for this problem, if it becomes one, when needed. I’m just happy UM got talent 😂.

Can moss not play Jack and drop into coverage etc??? On 3rd downs? I’m ok if he takes another year to try and gain weight I just don’t want to lose out on any chance he may transfer cause he never sees the field. He should be in on special teams at least right
That's the hope with him right now. We definitely gotta get him on the field in some capacity or he's gonna go home.

Advertisement
Back