Four-star DL Kendall Jackson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I don't disagree. But if we add at least one decent portal guy, it should be pretty solid.
We need two contributors minimum. That’s with the idea that JHH stays. It’s JHH and Moten in terms of guys we can rely on next year. Gore just isn’t it and the other guys are too young being that DT isn’t a position young guys usually show out at.

JHH is the only known player here, Moten should be ready but we will see if he takes the next step. If in a pinch, Mesidor(if he stays healthy) and Bain can fill in to a certain degree. To reiterate, we need two contributors if not starters.

Advertisement
We need two contributors minimum. That’s with the idea that JHH stays. It’s JHH and Moten in terms of guys we can rely on next year. Gore just isn’t it and the other guys are too young being that DT isn’t a position young guys usually show out at.

JHH is the only known player here, Moten should be ready but we will see if he takes the next step. If in a pinch, Mesidor(if he stays healthy) and Bain can fill in to a certain degree. To reiterate, we need two contributors if not starters.
What about Deen? Is he out of eligibility?

Yep assuming JHH returns we would have the following DTs returning:

JHH
Moten
Horton
Gore
Campbell

All others would be incoming freshmen. Moten and Horton while promising are unproven. We need two starter level DTs at a minimum to replace Gore and Campbell. Those 2 along with JHH will keep us from having to rush any young guys who may not be ready. Leaving room as is would be a weakness.

Advertisement

JHH
Moten
Horton
Gore
Campbell

All others would be incoming freshmen. Moten and Horton while promising are unproven. We need two starter level DTs at a minimum to replace Gore and Campbell. Those 2 along with JHH will keep us from having to rush any young guys who may not be ready. Leaving room as is would be a weakness.
Acheampong will likely play DT too

I see him starting out playing outside at Sde with potential to move inside. He has a decent tool box to work with with pass rush. Not a great bend but wins with overpowering OL. This is a steal for this late in the process. Btw I told y’all the staff loved this cat when everyone wondered why’d we’d push so hard for a kid in Gainesville who’s a Gator legacy. This is why he’s Mario and you’re not. If you love a recruit you fight for him until the ink dries.
Completely agree with this analysis.

Advertisement

JHH
Moten
Horton
Gore
Campbell

Moten in year 3 with this staff. Campbell basically is a 22 year old with a redshirt year this year to get his body from ULM shape to the U shape. May not be too bad but I’d take a sure thing to make me feel better.

True but he’s another unproven young guy who’s coming off a major injury. Still need to recruit portal guys over Campbell and Gore
I think two was always the target for portal DT so I think we get it done, just need 1/2 of those guys to be available for spring cuz I don't think Artavius or Scott are EE's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back