Four-star DL Kendall Jackson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
He has a lot of Bain in him less violent on the hands and pass rush moves but that first step is as elite as they come pause
U still ****ed up bc u didn’t pause the part when u said he had (a lot of Bain in him)😳 WTF!! BIG BIG BIG PAUSE! MATTER OF FAK! Hold on…
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! @Dwinstitles ! HIT THE ***** BUTTON

EDGE
96 Reuben Bain
95 Nyjalik Kelly
95 Jayden Wayne
95 Marquise Lightfoot
93 Collins Acheampong
92 Akheem Mesidor
90 Booker Pickett
90 Elias Rudolph
85 Cole McConathy

iDL
98 Justin Scott
91 Artavius Jones
91 Branson Deen
90 Josh Horton
89 Kendall Jackson
89 Thomas Gore
88 Anthony Campbell
85 Ahmad Moten
85 Daylen Russell

Transforming the rooms in three years for sure.

You can see why Cyrus Moss left and you can see why someone like Ahmad Moten would potentially leave. Also why you would be ok if someone like Elias Rudolph is a grade casualty and you got some other targets.

Building the lines is something you just know Mario will do. He'll get there eventually. Imagine 1 or even 2 more 90+ iDL commitments in this cycle...a 90+ transfer portal DT, too.

92 Samuel Okunlola
89 Marley Cook
NA CJ Clark (was a 93 coming out of HS)
89 Aeneas Peoples
NA Isaiah Hastings (was a 94 coming out of HS)
NA Derrick Harmon (was an 86 coming out of HS)
NA Xzavier McLeod (was a 94 coming out of HS)

To give you an idea. All of the above add, mostly in the middle. Floor raisers and heavy rotational guys, especially the true former HS stud DTs that likely still project as starters or better. Clark seems like the most plug n play starter in that group. Okunlola the easiest to project in the EDGE rotation. Harmon has a lot of potential.

Let his development play out… no one knows how he may respond/play with a significant weight gain. It worked out well for Sapp and Bain, for Chick not so much.
Because chick gained weight and played D end. Always should have been an edge. But Golden was a Moron playing a 3-4. He’s a beast. Great first step. Doesn’t matter to me. He’s either a strong side end or a DT. Kids already 260. No way he can’t play at 285 worst case and play inside on passing downs.

Advertisement
EDGE
96 Reuben Bain
95 Nyjalik Kelly
95 Jayden Wayne
95 Marquise Lightfoot
93 Collins Acheampong
92 Akheem Mesidor
90 Booker Pickett
90 Elias Rudolph
85 Cole McConathy

iDL
98 Justin Scott
91 Artavius Jones
91 Branson Deen
90 Josh Horton
89 Kendall Jackson
89 Thomas Gore
88 Anthony Campbell
85 Ahmad Moten
85 Daylen Russell

You can see why Cyrus Moss left and you can see why someone like Ahmad Moten would potentially leave. Also why you would be ok if someone like Elias Rudolph is a grade casualty and you got some other targets.

Building the lines is something you just know Mario will do. He'll get there eventually. Imagine 1 or even 2 more 90+ iDL commitments in this cycle...a 90+ transfer portal DT, too.

92 Samuel Okunlola
89 Marley Cook
89 Aeneas Peoples

To give you an idea. All of the above add, mostly in the middle. Floor raisers and heavy rotational guys, especially the true former HS stud DTs that likely still project as starters or better. Clark seems like the most plug n play starter in that group. Okunlola the easiest to project in the EDGE rotation. Harmon has a lot of potential.
Pickett is a backer. But i get it. Moton is a big boy! Need him while these kids develop. I hope Rudolph is a sign and place. But if he can’t get in, you portal an end.

At worst he plays inside on passing downs at 285. Can’t see how he will lose a thing playing at 290. Dudes a dog. Underrated
If his first step stays like that he will cause trouble for sure. Bain doesn’t even have a first step he just ***** slaps dudes. That’s his gift strength. If this kid has legit power from the lower half (pause) he will cause problems.

Because chick gained weight and played D end. Always should have been an edge. But Golden was a Moron playing a 3-4. He’s a beast. Great first step. Doesn’t matter to me. He’s either a strong side end or a DT. Kids already 260. No way he can’t play at 285 worst case and play inside on passing downs.
All facts… you never know with folks though. Bain ended HS at what 255 or so but played at 280 this year and was animal. If Jackson is half the player Bain was as a true frosh no one will complain

All facts… you never know with folks though. Bain ended HS at what 255 or so but played at 280 this year and was animal. If Jackson is half the player Bain was as a true frosh no one will complain
They put too much weight on him and he was thee guy. Chick should have never been thee guy he needed dogs by him. When you bring in one dude like that you can’t have him as the crown jewel of the class and not bring elites next to him. They screwed him

Advertisement
EDGE
96 Reuben Bain
95 Nyjalik Kelly
95 Jayden Wayne
95 Marquise Lightfoot
93 Collins Acheampong
92 Akheem Mesidor
90 Booker Pickett
90 Elias Rudolph
85 Cole McConathy

iDL
98 Justin Scott
91 Artavius Jones
91 Branson Deen
90 Josh Horton
89 Kendall Jackson
89 Thomas Gore
88 Anthony Campbell
85 Ahmad Moten
85 Daylen Russell

92 Samuel Okunlola
89 Marley Cook
89 Aeneas Peoples

Moten? What? Lol

Moten isn't going anywhere

They put too much weight on him and he was thee guy. Chick should have never been thee guy he needed dogs by him. When you bring in one dude like that you can’t have him as the crown jewel of the class and not bring elites next to him. They screwed him
Chick was on record saying they “made” him gain that weight and it was clear it effected his performance and he played out of position on top of that.

I didn’t hear anything that Bain was made to get to 280… it was more of a natural progression for him. I could be wrong though.

Moten? What? Lol

Moten isn't going anywhere
Hope not. DTs take time to bake and having one in your system for 2-3-4 years is very nice. They become very usable players.

Just a general statement that we are starting to have real depth in the room and can see some attrition with guys toward the bottom of the rotation / depth chart. Which, he is right now.

TIFWIW but Gaby made it seem like this caught the staff off guard, as they plan out all commitment announcements. This was not on the staffs schedule to happen yet.
That is non sensical spin by Gaby to make it seem as though not only was Gaby caught off guard, but so was the UM staff. Basically implying ‘my sources are still good but even they did not expect this commit”. Ridiculous. Maybe the coaches did not know the exact date or time of the announcement by Jackson, but if they got to know him in months of recruiting then they believe they have the relationship to earn the commitment. And as Jackson has a commutable offer, they certainly aren’t surprised.

Advertisement
That is non sensical spin by Gaby to make it seem as though not only was Gaby caught off guard, but so was the UM staff. Basically implying ‘my sources are still good but even they did not expect this commit”. Ridiculous. Maybe the coaches did not know the exact date or time of the announcement by Jackson, but if they got to know him in months of recruiting then they believe they have the relationship to earn the commitment. And as Jackson has a commutable offer, they certainly aren’t surprised.
I mean as soon as he decommitted from UF, I think most here had us as like 95% odds to land him. The Staff wanted him regardless if they were suprised by the timing/manner of the announcement or not.

I do remember maybe like 8 years ago some random *** like unranked kid had like the hats of like 5 FBS program on a table and picked Cal or some ****, and it was like some major announcement... and then Cal was like 'who the **** are you?' lol...

Chick was on record saying they “made” him gain that weight and it was clear it effected his performance and he played out of position on top of that.

I didn’t hear anything that Bain was made to get to 280… it was more of a natural progression for him. I could be wrong though.
Bains frame is equipped for that he reminds me of that DT Gary that went to Michigan. Bains strength improvements in the off season were insane they jumped a lot. That’s when I was like ok this dude is probably more than special.

Late in the season they started keying on him. It’s good we bringing in more elite talent cause they won’t be able to do that next season. Pick your poison.

Advertisement
All good points. I just thought it was interesting since I assumed our next commit would be a whale with all the imminent whale commit talk that’s been going on.

EDGE
96 Reuben Bain
95 Nyjalik Kelly
95 Jayden Wayne
95 Marquise Lightfoot
93 Collins Acheampong
92 Akheem Mesidor
90 Booker Pickett
90 Elias Rudolph
85 Cole McConathy

iDL
98 Justin Scott
91 Artavius Jones
91 Branson Deen
90 Josh Horton
89 Kendall Jackson
89 Thomas Gore
88 Anthony Campbell
85 Ahmad Moten
85 Daylen Russell

92 Samuel Okunlola
89 Marley Cook
89 Aeneas Peoples

Deen is out of eligibility. I would have Moten over Gore and recruit over the bottom 3

Advertisement
Back