Four-star DL Kendall Jackson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Why do you consider him a tweeter?
social media texting GIF by The Orchard Films

High ceiling kid, but he is another pup. I believe he is you g for his grade. I hope he trusts this staff and JT’s ability to develop him and doesn’t get impatient if he isn’t starting after a year. I think he can be a big edge too. Kid is extremely twitchy for 250+ and has some powerful hands. Another piece of clay for these guys to work with.
Exactly the way I view him. You hit it on the head when you said he’s extremely twitchy for a 250+ kid. Seems like a natural 5 tech to me in time.

Advertisement
I mean as soon as he decommitted from UF, I think most here had us as like 95% odds to land him. The Staff wanted him regardless if they were suprised by the timing/manner of the announcement or not.

I do remember maybe like 8 years ago some random *** like unranked kid had like the hats of like 5 FBS program on a table and picked Cal or some ****, and it was like some major announcement... and then Cal was like 'who the **** are you?' lol...
1702190023172.png

Advertisement
EDGE
96 Reuben Bain
95 Nyjalik Kelly
95 Jayden Wayne
95 Marquise Lightfoot
93 Collins Acheampong
92 Akheem Mesidor
90 Booker Pickett
90 Elias Rudolph
85 Cole McConathy

iDL
98 Justin Scott
91 Artavius Jones
91 Branson Deen
90 Josh Horton
89 Kendall Jackson
89 Thomas Gore
88 Anthony Campbell
85 Ahmad Moten
85 Daylen Russell

Transforming the rooms in three years for sure.

You can see why Cyrus Moss left and you can see why someone like Ahmad Moten would potentially leave. Also why you would be ok if someone like Elias Rudolph is a grade casualty and you got some other targets.

Building the lines is something you just know Mario will do. He'll get there eventually. Imagine 1 or even 2 more 90+ iDL commitments in this cycle...a 90+ transfer portal DT, too.

92 Samuel Okunlola
89 Marley Cook
NA CJ Clark (was a 93 coming out of HS)
89 Aeneas Peoples
NA Isaiah Hastings (was a 94 coming out of HS)
NA Derrick Harmon (was an 86 coming out of HS)
NA Xzavier McLeod (was a 94 coming out of HS)

To give you an idea. All of the above add, mostly in the middle. Floor raisers and heavy rotational guys, especially the true former HS stud DTs that likely still project as starters or better. Clark seems like the most plug n play starter in that group. Okunlola the easiest to project in the EDGE rotation. Harmon has a lot of potential.
DE looks to be completely transformed but DT has a ways to go. Scott is a top end talent and the numbers are there but to get where we want we will need to upgrade the talent there quite a bit. Those guys are scaring too many teams.

I see him starting out playing outside at Sde with potential to move inside. He has a decent tool box to work with with pass rush. Not a great bend but wins with overpowering OL. This is a steal for this late in the process. Btw I told y’all the staff loved this cat when everyone wondered why’d we’d push so hard for a kid in Gainesville who’s a Gator legacy. This is why he’s Mario and you’re not. If you love a recruit you fight for him until the ink dries.

Last edited:
I see him starting out playing outside at Sde with potential to move inside. He has a decent tool box to work with with pass rush. Not a great bend but wins with overpowering OL. This is a steal for this late in the process. Btw I told y’all the staff loved this cat when everyone wondered why’d we’d push so hard for a kid in Gainesville who’s a Gator legacy. This is why he’s Mario and you’re not. Uf you love a recruit you fight for him until the ink dries.
alot of people confused him with Jayden Jackson.

Advertisement
I see him starting out playing outside at Sde with potential to move inside. He has a decent tool box to work with with pass rush. Not a great bend but wins with overpowering OL. This is a steal for this late in the process. Btw I told y’all the staff loved this cat when everyone wondered why’d we’d push so hard for a kid in Gainesville who’s a Gator legacy. This is why he’s Mario and you’re not. Uf you love a recruit you fight for him until the ink dries.
Funny how Mario goes ham when recruiting against the programs we hate the most. Absolutely love that we're curb stomping OSU and UF in recruiting! Especially OSU!! That is what building a wall is supposed to start to look like

Advertisement
DE looks to be completely transformed but DT has a ways to go. Scott is a top end talent and the numbers are there but to get where we want we will need to upgrade the talent there quite a bit. Those guys are scaring too many teams.
There's a lot of talent at DT on that list. But we still need a portal guy that can contribute right away.

There's a lot of talent at DT on that list. But we still need a portal guy that can contribute right away.
Is there? It’s not devoid of talent and maybe a better way to frame it is that it’s not enough based on where it needs to be.

Advertisement
Back