Four-star DL Kendall Jackson commits to Miami

Advertisement
Cormani McClain … he’s in town apparently but I’m just messing around. Hoping it’s stone or Stewart jumping in and taking KJs spot
nah lets not start hyping up the class like we were doing in July thinking we were getting a DL haul of Stewart, Stone, Lightfoot, and Scott lol read the last few pages... pretty clear the staff wanted him and treated him like a priority but it appears Blount took his spot. I know everyone already assumes Blount is in so that cannot be it but Blount is still publicly committed to FSU.

Also UF old DL coach is now at A&M so prob why he pivoted so quick. I dont know the details of his NIL but perhaps that played a role in the "who to drop" game as in perhaps Russel is just getting a good ol scholarship and maybe a kid out of gainseville needed a lil walking around money. His tape did look good though NGL but not better than Jones, Blount or Scott. Yes I do think better than Russel but why not roll with the local dade kid all else being equal?

Just too fluid. Too many things change. Like Shavers. You took the commitment but he didn’t have a good senior year. He didn’t improve like you expected. I know Miami was open with him about it too. I don’t think Russel was in that boat. They took for multiple reasons and he backed it up. Do you drop the kid for Breland tomorow. I can understand that. But Jackson is a different story.

Frederic. You took him for multiple reasons and the tools. He backed it up this year. If Ellis wants in tomorow do you drop him. I understand that. But if someone else just commits without telling you do you now drop Fredric? I don’t think so.

I think we all watched enough season of UM football to know talent and stars isn’t the end all be all in building a roster and a class.
Like I said, i wouldn’t pull these scholly’s, I just wouldn’t have offered. Stars is the end all be all in more times than it isn’t in terms of hit rate. All you have to do is look at the percentages of 4 and 5 stars going on the NFL draft versus 3 stars. There’s a reason why there are many more three stars. And yes of course there are exceptions. Anez Cooper is one.

Cribby just be body slammin dudes, you got no shame bruh haha
panda bear sleeping GIF

haven't read the whole thread yet admittedly, but hope we didn't give him the green light and then kick immediately kick him out

glad he found a new home quickly though, all is good

That is still TBD on if he had the green light. Consensus seems to be we really liked him and recruited him hard for over a year and the reason he decom from UF was likely us and their DL coach getting fired.

Not completely clear on if he dropped his commitment with staff;'s knowledge at that time. It did seem to come out of the blue, midday, no bat signal etc. So not the norm. my best guess is perhaps some miscommunication, he dropped his edit, staff played it up as you obviously cant embarrass him then blount jumped in and they told him to look elsewhere and he went to AM.

Advertisement
Maybe the staff feels as if Russel is more likely to stick around if he has to develop for a few years than Jackson.

Jackson might be the better recruit today but if he’s more of a wild card to transfer or ask for more nil then he’s worth in the short term I get going with a depth piece that’s more likely to be happy developing and being in Miami long term.
Underrated point

If Jackson was projecting inside - he certainly had the lower body, but looked narrow in the shoulders. Kid's physically developed, but the frame and some sketchy performances may have left something to be desired. The first step..yeah, but looked like a tweener or SDE - and we're good there for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
haven't read the whole thread yet admittedly, but hope we didn't give him the green light and then kick immediately kick him out

glad he found a new home quickly though, all is good

No he committed on his own which was discussed the day he did it by multiple ppl but 99% board didn’t want to hear it

I'd take this as an indication that someone will take his spot rather quickly and its obvious who it will be.

I like Jackson but Blount is in another universe. Prototypical size and athletic ability. Plus he’s only 16

Ya although I won't trust Blount til ink is dry…I think think this is a good sign. Similar player, prep DE that may start there but ultimate future is at DT. And we are probably/hopefully pushing out Jackson because there isn't room for both he and Blount.

Advertisement
I don’t get the thought process. We shouldn’t be taking kids who aren’t as good as others simply because they went to Columbus and are good guys. If we were to do that why not McGahee given the obvious?

Funny part is, he is not even a high character kid either. Numerous people at CCHS have indicated the young man is a bit of an ***.

Like I said, i wouldn’t pull these scholly’s, I just wouldn’t have offered. Stars is the end all be all in more times than it isn’t in terms of hit rate. All you have to do is look at the percentages of 4 and 5 stars going on the NFL draft versus 3 stars. There’s a reason why there are many more three stars. And yes of course there are exceptions. Anez Cooper is one.
I mean then you’re left with your pants around your ankles like with the stanquan clark after great senior year and growth. You offer and take a commitment from a kid you like, for multiple reasons. If his senior year doesn’t pan out and he doesn’t develop right, I understand a drop. If you fill out a class and also have to make room for can’t miss talent, i understand.

I don’t think we gave out a commitble offer to anyone for the sake of lip service and optics. It was for a reason. If they didn’t develop and pan out the drop is fair (Shavers). Or if you have to make room for can’t miss prospects I understand. This was a scenario in 3 star kid that couldn’t even communicate a commitment to the staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back