2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Advertisement
I don't have time to listen to non-Miami players being interviewed.

Again, just a very odd late commitment to Oregon.
If you heard the first interview he did when he decommited, he made it very clear how close that group is and in particular how important jhalil Florence is to all of them. This became alot harder when we didn't accept his verbal. At the very least that would have got Florence on campus and it would've gave us a boxers chance with all three of them. But it's Mario's policy for a reason and I wouldn't question it.

Advertisement
I just don’t understand this. Respect for iuli family showing us love. Seems like they really appreciated miami. But this is just craziness after your son commits elsewhere

Everything in life doesn’t have to revolve around if a kid picked a school you cheer for. It’s ok to like other people that don’t provide you with some type of personal gain.

This is just a sport for entertainment. It ain’t that deep

Advertisement
Hurts to lose Iuli. Tough loss.

I think ultimately he probably stayed with Oregon because of the rest of the class. He felt more comfortable with those kids he had been hanging/texting with for years than he did at Miami where all he knew was Mario and Mirabel.

If you heard the first interview he did when he decommited, he made it very clear how close that group is and in particular how important jhalil Florence is to all of them. This became alot harder when we didn't accept his verbal. At the very least that would have got Florence on campus and it would've gave us a boxers chance with all three of them. But it's Mario's policy for a reason and I wouldn't question it.

Decommits can absolutely kill momentum and create a cloud. Mario is astutely taking steps to avoid them. Does that mean occasionally it can give an opening for a kid to consider somewhere else? Sure.

You have to pick your poison and go with what gives you your best ROI. Imagine if Florence and his two sidekicks committed to Miami and flipped on LOI day? We’d be melting down.

Bottom line is Mario saved the class. Still have a bell cow out there too. I doubt there is any one of us who would bet against him going forward.

LFG.

Advertisement
Their family obviously wanted Dave under Mario and Mirabal. Distance must have just been too big of a factor. Maybe we see this kid in the portal in a year. Time to move on by both sides lol.

Advertisement
I just don’t understand this. Respect for iuli family showing us love. Seems like they really appreciated miami. But this is just craziness after your son commits elsewhere
Because that's what having class does and you don't want to burn bridges.

Some of these South Florida young men and their families should take notice.

I think it's an honor and respect thing. The family seems to be genuinely interested in making sure Miami and the Canes fans understand this wasn't some troll job. They truly loved Miami but ultimately the enormous distance and lure of home won out.

Everything in life doesn’t have to revolve around if a kid picked a school you cheer for. It’s ok to like other people that don’t provide you with some type of personal gain.

This is just a sport for entertainment. It ain’t that deep

we don't have a relationship w Mario and his staff. these kids and their parents do. Mario has been in touch with them for years. the family prolly really likes Mario and Alex and show their love and appreciation to him.

Their family obviously wanted Dave under Mario and Mirabal. Distance must have just been too big of a factor. Maybe we see this kid in the portal in a year. Time to move on by both sides lol.
I don't think he'd come this Far East.

either way, its hard to recruit west coast kids to miami. distance always plays a factor no matter the coach

Advertisement
Back