2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

This whole situation is bizarre as ****.These kids are supposed to be all about family and we finally get involved with one and he actually ignores their input.

Advertisement
I have no clue why parents would make the noise public like they are. You keep that stuff in your family. What's the purpose?

Advertisement
It’s not really. The kid made a decision. He went against his families wishes. It happens.
I got a feeling there is something else involved...
hot babes GIF

Kinda strange we ended up with zero Oregon commits bar the portal kid after the hype we were getting from several of them. Figured we would’ve landed at least 1 or 2 of them, oh well happy with our late pick ups regardless.
They weren’t commits but I think Moss and Kelly would have both ended up there.

Advertisement
One of the posters on 247 spoke to his Dad via DM:

I spoke to his dad Ray via DMs they can’t stand Oregon basically the people Ray is referring to is the Oregon staff. The parents/whole family was 10000% in on Miami the parents told Oregon the decision was made. The Oregon staff according to Ray went against their wishes/backs and got in Dave’s ear to flip him. Rays words the family can’t stand the POS over there. So if it doesn’t go as Dave expected it he has the full support of his entire family to go to Miami. After our exchanges after spring ball if Oregon over promised I 100% see him transferring.

Someone else said they heard that the Oregon staff told Florence and Gracen Halton if they took other visits they would lose their schollys. That's why they cancelled their visits to Miami.

I’m not surprised look at who’s on that staff. The main big dogs on the staff came from under Saban & Kirby. They do that stuff all the time, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

With the portal though, what does it matter? (real questions- no sarcasm) Even if he signed LOI, couldn’t he enter the portal?
I always wondered how soon a player can enter after he signs. I thought initially they had to wait a year to be able to transfer. If not the LOI is worthless.

Kinda strange we ended up with zero Oregon commits bar the portal kid after the hype we were getting from several of them. Figured we would’ve landed at least 1 or 2 of them, oh well happy with our late pick ups regardless.

Truth be told, Mario already mentioned he wasn’t going to go after them. I think that’s his respect for UO. Like I told ppl, Mario didn’t leave UO slimy from what I heard, and even though some of their fans were a-holes, the greater majority completely understood & was empathetic to his move.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I always wondered how soon a player can enter after he signs. I thought initially they had to wait a year to be able to transfer. If not the LOI is worthless.

true. I’m sure there does exist some waiting period. Or else, u are correct, the LOI means nothing. But I dunno.

Advertisement
While the NCAA allows any student to transfer, student-athletes who sign a National Letter of Intent, a program operated by the Collegiate Commissioners Association, cannot transfer during the initial year of competition or compete immediately at the next school unless they receive a release from the initial school.

Advertisement
Back