2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Advertisement
You can’t. I posted the flight times. Also, the time difference is 5 hours.

Flying from Hawaii to Miami is a shorter flight with the help of the jet stream, so 4.5 hours from Hawaii to LAX and 4 hours from LAX to Miami so about 8.5 to 9 hours but going from Miami to Hawaii (no direct flights) is about 11 hours not counting layover time.

mans-not-hot-quick-math.gif

Puyallup (Wash.) High School 4-star OL Dave Iuli took a weekend official visit to Miami.

And he gave his time at UM a glowing review. “Oh man, it was lit,” he told CaneSport. “I wasn’t expecting it. I will tell you this: Coach (Mario) Cristobal is not a man to disappoint, for sure.” Iuli flew straight to Oahu after the visit on Sunday - he’ll be participating in the Poly Bowl.

But for those hoping he announces a decision there, well that’s not happening. “I’ll wait till afterward, I’m taking my time on it, choosing the best school for me,” Iuli said. Others that remain in his mix are Oregon and USC. And he will visit USC officially on Sunday after the Poly Bowl with his Ducks visit the weekend before signing day.

The good news for the Canes? Well, Miami's pulled in front off this visit. “Now Miami’s definitely in the lead, no doubt about it,” Iuli said. “They're great people. It’s just because of the connection. All the coaches I know personally and as a man, so it’s really an advantage for sure.”

Iuli was impressed in his time spent with coaches Mario Cristobal, Alex Mirabal and Joe Salave'a, who he'd already known from Oregon. "The conversations me and Cristobal had, me and him are super close," Iuli said. "When I was down at Oregon with him, having a conversation with him is man-to-man. I had a lot of great conversations with him, with coach Mirabal and coach Salave'a too. It was just great to be out there and be in their territory.

"Coach Cristobal has something planned to be built that's going to be great there." Iuli also said he loves what strength coach Aaron Feld brings to the mix. "He’s great," Iuli said. "If you sit down with the man for10 minutes and he explains how your body works, the man knows what he’s talking about. That’s a huge deal for me as well. He gets you ready."
Iuli's host on the Cane visit? QB Jake Garcia. “He’s an L.A. baby, I’m an L.A. baby too,” Iuli said. “We got along great.”

Also of note: Iuli says the Canes' plan is for him to start out as an offensive lineman but that if he slims down he could also get a look as a defensive lineman. And no, not just one or the other. "I could play both," he says. The bottom line takeaway here?
“Overall I had a great time, got to experience what it’s like to be in Miami, visualizing myself being there and being with the players,” Iuli said.

CaneSport’s take
This went as well as Miami could have wanted, and we have a good feeling on Iuli and UM. Now the Canes just have to weather these next couple of weeks plus. The other official visitor this weekend, of course, was Matthew McCoy. And his mother’s feedback off the trip was that it went well, but Matthew has not responded to messages yet. So stay tuned for that. He’s expected to be a Miami-Gator battle in the end. Also of note here: Cristobal will take an in-home with Iuli the week after next. "He said the date will be a surprise - I said `Okay, just don't scare me!'" Iuli joked.

Great fans in sfla props to those fans showing love man. That's a fuqin sports state if I ever heard of one. Over in jersey it ain't like that but if I see the U I flash it. I was on a highway once flashing it at these white people that had the Miami plates in Pennsylvania and they flashed it back. Miami the brand is too fuqin lit and the fans are the best in cfb. We passionate af and want to dominate.
I throw it up to every person I see with Canes stuff showing. On the way to the OBX one year a green Mustang passed me with a U on it and I made sure to catch up to him and show some love.

Advertisement
Seriously? Male sexual innuendo is ok but female sexual innuendo with no nudity is censored? A male can put his hands in his pants with no spoiler but a chick putting her hands in her underwear under a spoiler tag is a no go?

Puyallup (Wash.) High School 4-star OL Dave Iuli took a weekend official visit to Miami.

And he gave his time at UM a glowing review. “Oh man, it was lit,” he told CaneSport. “I wasn’t expecting it. I will tell you this: Coach (Mario) Cristobal is not a man to disappoint, for sure.” Iuli flew straight to Oahu after the visit on Sunday - he’ll be participating in the Poly Bowl.

But for those hoping he announces a decision there, well that’s not happening. “I’ll wait till afterward, I’m taking my time on it, choosing the best school for me,” Iuli said. Others that remain in his mix are Oregon and USC. And he will visit USC officially on Sunday after the Poly Bowl with his Ducks visit the weekend before signing day.

The good news for the Canes? Well, Miami's pulled in front off this visit. “Now Miami’s definitely in the lead, no doubt about it,” Iuli said. “They're great people. It’s just because of the connection. All the coaches I know personally and as a man, so it’s really an advantage for sure.”

Iuli was impressed in his time spent with coaches Mario Cristobal, Alex Mirabal and Joe Salave'a, who he'd already known from Oregon. "The conversations me and Cristobal had, me and him are super close," Iuli said. "When I was down at Oregon with him, having a conversation with him is man-to-man. I had a lot of great conversations with him, with coach Mirabal and coach Salave'a too. It was just great to be out there and be in their territory.

"Coach Cristobal has something planned to be built that's going to be great there." Iuli also said he loves what strength coach Aaron Feld brings to the mix. "He’s great," Iuli said. "If you sit down with the man for10 minutes and he explains how your body works, the man knows what he’s talking about. That’s a huge deal for me as well. He gets you ready."
Iuli's host on the Cane visit? QB Jake Garcia. “He’s an L.A. baby, I’m an L.A. baby too,” Iuli said. “We got along great.”

Also of note: Iuli says the Canes' plan is for him to start out as an offensive lineman but that if he slims down he could also get a look as a defensive lineman. And no, not just one or the other. "I could play both," he says. The bottom line takeaway here?
“Overall I had a great time, got to experience what it’s like to be in Miami, visualizing myself being there and being with the players,” Iuli said.

CaneSport’s take
This went as well as Miami could have wanted, and we have a good feeling on Iuli and UM. Now the Canes just have to weather these next couple of weeks plus. The other official visitor this weekend, of course, was Matthew McCoy. And his mother’s feedback off the trip was that it went well, but Matthew has not responded to messages yet. So stay tuned for that. He’s expected to be a Miami-Gator battle in the end. Also of note here: Cristobal will take an in-home with Iuli the week after next. "He said the date will be a surprise - I said `Okay, just don't scare me!'" Iuli joked.
This dude is obsessed with Coach Cristobal and I love it!

Advertisement
Advertisement

CaneSport’s take
Lol real question... Has anyone ever played both OL and DL.... Like in the same game?

Advertisement
Not that I recall. I remember Matt Patchan saying he was going to do it on the next level. He was adamant about it too, lol.
Did Scott ever do it? I remember him at TE one year but do not remember if that was a position switch for one year due to depth or if he ever went both sides.

Did Scott ever do it? I remember him at TE one year but do not remember if that was a position switch for one year due to depth or if he ever went both sides.

It was depth related issues iirc and I think it was only for 1 game?

CaneSport’s take
So is McCoy cold on Miami after the visit I'm wondering

Advertisement
Back