Former Miami RB gets a fresh start with Louisville (article)

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_0266.gif
    IMG_0266.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Greatest RB in the history of Miami.

1st round draft pick & future HOF'er.
I know you’re being sarcastic but I believe we need to make a major change in our running game philosophy.

I’m so tired of this running back by committee situation. We have enough talent in the room to find “THE” guy and run with him primarily. Who ever emerges as the best running back should get 75% of the snaps. We have enough talent in the RB room to find that guy and finally eat behind our OL strength. I’m a big believer in feeding RB1 and giving him continuity. Letting him feel the ups and downs of the game. Giving equal reps to 4rbs during a game may? Keep them fresher but ruins the flow of plays throughout the game.

I know you’re being sarcastic but I believe we need to make a major change in our running game philosophy.

I’m so tired of this running back by committee situation. We have enough talent in the room to find “THE” guy and run with him primarily. Who ever emerges as the best running back should get 75% of the snaps. We have enough talent in the RB room to find that guy and finally eat behind our OL strength. I’m a big believer in feeding RB1 and giving him continuity. Letting him feel the ups and downs of the game. Giving equal reps to 4rbs during a game may? Keep them fresher but ruins the flow of plays throughout the game.
The problem is that we don't have any running backs that stand out from the others. They were all slow until we got Chris Johnson and that kid Wheatley.

Always thought he had a little Frank Gore in him. Last year was his opp to break out and bust some long runs. Seems like he had a million runs where the last guy was able to bring him down by the shoelaces. If just one of those went to the house, I think the RB rotation fundamentally changes and he's still here.

Advertisement

It’s 2024. Not going to happen. We have 6 scholarship running backs. You’re gonna tell four of them “barring injury, none of you guys will play”? You’ll be down to three scholarship running backs as soon as the portal re-opens. Not to mention, mileage is a big deal for running back recruits. The average NFL career for a RB is short. Nobody wants to draft a running back who has a ton of carries in college because he’s already started to wear down before he even plays a pro game. The days of giving one guy 20+ carries a game are pretty much over. Fletcher will likely be our starter next year. He’ll get 15 carries and the other ~20 carries will get split between two or three different backs.

Advertisement
Good fortune to him. By far the best tools of any RB we’ve had here in a while IMO.

Injuries, self imposed challenges, and divided attention didn’t help his production here.

Agree for the most part with those who say the days of a bell cow are long gone with few exceptions. Miles are miles and ideally having multiple guys stepping up is ideal for both the team and the player’s future.

Change in philosophy = get better RBs.

Kids today ain’t sticking around and waiting for their turn.

It’s 2024. Not going to happen. We have 6 scholarship running backs. You’re gonna tell four of them “barring injury, none of you guys will play”? You’ll be down to three scholarship running backs as soon as the portal re-opens. Not to mention, mileage is a big deal for running back recruits. The average NFL career for a RB is short. Nobody wants to draft a running back who has a ton of carries in college because he’s already started to wear down before he even plays a pro game. The days of giving one guy 20+ carries a game are pretty much over. Fletcher will likely be our starter next year. He’ll get 15 carries and the other ~20 carries will get split between two or three different backs.
Fletcher has a lis franc injury. We can't rush him back. If he rehabs well,yes good chance he's the starter. The room has several huge upside guys. I'm looking forward to seeing if citizen is ready to step up.

Advertisement
Back