Former FSU player/Cane commit Keith Bryant dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took his own life.

Lost his mother not long ago and wasn’t doing well.

Some of you guys are absolute piece of **** human beings. Lame *** jokes about someone being dead. ***** asses.
I agree. Nothing funny about this at all. Some of our “fans” talk about the Gaytors and Holes being ****** human beings, but we have plenty of those too in our fan base.

Condolences to his family. Way too young. Wish that someone could’ve been there for him to try to convince him that suicide is never the way out.

Advertisement
Suicide is such a tough thing to talk about. The mental state that one must be in to do that is unimaginable.

All I will say is suicide is an act of finality. Whatever the crisis or mental health issues are that are making you feel the way you are, there’s absolutely no chance of those things ever being resolved once you cross that point of no return.

The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco is one of the most popular suicide destinations in the world and there was a documentary made on the jumpers a number of years back. A small number of those who jumped ended up surviving and every single one of them who were later interviewed for the documentary indicated that they regretted their decision as soon as they jumped.

If you’re ever considering it - just try to hang on a little longer. Reach out for help. And see where things go from there.

He took his own life.

Some of you guys are absolute piece of **** human beings. Lame *** jokes about someone being dead. ***** asses.

I didn't really follow him much after he went to FSU. ****, that's some sad stuff, especially with kids. Mental health is not taken seriously in this country most of the time, especially for men.

Advertisement
If you don’t have something nice to say, say nothing at all. Please
Fwiw when a person takes their own life, it’s most often what’s remembered. It’s a shame. He had a great high school football career and a life of opportunities ahead of him. Very sad. He and the wr that went to Syracuse worked in high school for my friend Scott his senior summer very part time. Scott is a nole and it’s his way of helping his school. He was always going to be a nole. That’s not a crime. Might have been different, had he come here.

I seem to remember him already having a baby daughter at his commitment ceremony which would probably make her like 8 or 9 now. Gotta feel for her and for anyone that isn't running from having done something horrible and/or is facing some severe punishment that gets to such a mental state where suicide is their perceived best option.

I didn't really follow him much after he went to FSU. ****, that's some sad stuff, especially with kids. Mental health is not taken seriously in this country most of the time, especially for men.
Absolutely for men but especially so for black men. Not sure there are any society-wide solutions on the horizon either.

Advertisement
Suicide is such a tough thing to talk about. The mental state that one must be in to do that is unimaginable.

All I will say is suicide is an act of finality. Whatever the crisis or mental health issues are that are making you feel the way you are, there’s absolutely no chance of those things ever being resolved once you cross that point of no return.

The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco is one of the most popular suicide destinations in the world and there was a documentary made on the jumpers a number of years back. A small number of those who jumped ended up surviving and every single one of them who were later interviewed for the documentary indicated that they regretted their decision as soon as they jumped.

If you’re ever considering it - just try to hang on a little longer. Reach out for help. And see where things go from there.
This reminds me of "The View from Halfway Down", a poem from Bojack Horseman of all things.

It's one of the better anti-suicide pieces of modern culture, and it comes from a TV show about a talking horse. I won't paste the whole thing, but it's beautiful and haunting at the same time.

This is an incredibly sad situation as are all suicides. My heart breaks for all of his loved ones. Keith must have been tortured inside to go this route. At a minimum, he has now left his children fatherless and asking questions they shouldn't have to consider, his children's mother without help to raise them, and his family and friends are all hurt.

If anyone here is considering suicide, reach out to a professional. I don't know much, but I know that most problems resolve over time.

RIP

Tragic, feel for his family. Depression and suicide has become it's own pandemic in this country the last couple of years.

Advertisement
He took his own life.

**** off. Humor is how some people cope. You don’t know what anyone is going through. Take your moral high ground and shove it up your *******

Advertisement
The key verbiage there is "are likely to report".
I think regardless of race, most people wouldn’t report. I think it’s a pretty fair look behind the curtain. I’ll go with those numbers, because I think the not reporting would be equal. If you disagree, why would someone who’s Native American, white or any other race be more inclined to report? Please be specific and maybe some data to back up a claim. Mixed reports the most? White Americans are more likely to die by suicide than people of other ethnic/racial groups.
Fwiw The military gives equal access to all troops. https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ave-more-mental-health-concerns-report-finds/

Last edited:
The key verbiage there is "are likely to report".

I appreciate your post, but from my perspective, it always seemed like to me that white people seem to be more angst ridden and thereby more suicide prone. But that’s just a meaningless behavioral observation from me. Now this is from the CDC, and it’s pretty straightforward - these are confirmed suicides.

While it may seem that certain ethnic groups have a higher suicide rate, I think the only thing we can look at is the actual data.

Either way, it’s too many no matter what the race.

110843A2-8318-4EDA-AEEC-6534EB93F5DD.jpeg

I think regardless of race, most people wouldn’t report. I think it’s a pretty fair look behind the curtain. I’ll go with those numbers, because I think the not reporting would be equal. If you disagree, why would someone who’s Native American, white or any other race be more inclined to report? Please be specific and maybe some data to back up a claim. Mixed reports the most? White Americans are more likely to die by suicide than people of other ethnic/racial groups. Fwiw
Brother, I don't have the bandwidth or the actual time to go down this path and it's nothing to do with you personally but just the breadth of the topic.

I'll just say this so as to provide some sort of response:

Sure, whites (and some other races) tend to have higher instances as an overall group of major depressive disorders but blacks and specifically black men have depressive episodes that are more disabling, more persistent, and more resistant to treatment relative to their white counterparts.

I'd contend that's largely society dropping the ball (intentionally or not) but it's a subject matter one could write many several dissertations on so I don't think we can or even should try to do it justice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back