Former Coaches are Missed

Folks don't understand that we beat Florida the same way Bama would've beat them.

Alabama with a senior quarterback and veteran offensive line and running back of Duke's caliber and benefitting from 5 turnovers is never going to be held to 10 first downs at home.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1589917 said:
It's a legitimate observation. Despite the great win today Morris has looked awful and our WR's have been virtually non existent and/or not in sync with Morris. Fortunately we have a few weeks to work out the kinks before we begin conference play.

Yup. Looks like one play is called for Morris, and the receivers get a different play. Morris isn't showing me a whole lot to look forward to. They better get this passing game and run blocking improved, or North Carolina is going to rip us an entirely new sphincter.

He threw a dime to Herb for a TD and also hit Dorsette deep against '' the best two corners in cfb''

Dorsett beat a freshman on a blown coverage

Advertisement
Morris's play has been at best average, he's taking too long to find receivers and then staring at them. To be fair the receiver aren't getting open and that's another serious issue.

I don't think its one we are missing, more that one we still have. I love the man for his dedication to the U but Kehoes line doesn't do the job. If that line takes care of business the offense will work.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1589917 said:
It's a legitimate observation. Despite the great win today Morris has looked awful and our WR's have been virtually non existent and/or not in sync with Morris. Fortunately we have a few weeks to work out the kinks before we begin conference play.

Yup. Looks like one play is called for Morris, and the receivers get a different play. Morris isn't showing me a whole lot to look forward to. They better get this passing game and run blocking improved, or North Carolina is going to rip us an entirely new sphincter.

He threw a dime to Herb for a TD and also hit Dorsette deep against '' the best two corners in cfb''
Those two passes were great. That is part of what is so frustrating about Morris -- you know he has it in him but he is maddeningly inconsistent and when he's off, he's really off.

Advertisement
Morris didnt throw that well in the beginning last year, he got better as the season went on

Shhh! Jed Walsh was a god, and Coley's already suspect after 2 games (1 that we dominated and could have named our score; the other against a top 2 or 3 defense in college football).

Yes we lost some coaches to NFL and promotion. Golden use that to improve the most important thing -- recruiting. Result, Dorsett catches the TD pass he dropped against ND last year. Offense scores TDs on all three red zone opps (ask swamp scum about not doing that). We get early lead and scum play catch up whole game. Net result, WE WIN, the friggin gator loses. Oh, plus, dude name Stacy Coley is on sideline waiting to be Playmaker II to Olsen next year. Plus breaking news, offense will do nothing but get better.

One more thing:

21-16

I don't know if we miss the coaches or not. All I know is we won the **** game. Sure there are things that we need to work on, but in bigtime games against bigtime opponents things aren't going to be perfect. For us to find a way to win the game speaks volumes to me. I'll take that all day long. In the win against FSU in 2000 Chris Weinke passed for 400 yards and FSU **** near had 600 yards of total offense. That was the 3rd victory in what would later become a 34 game winning streak where we were clearly the class of college football. And for those that are confused, I'm not saying that we are on our way to duplicating that streak. What I'm trying to point out, though, is that when you're playing a good team, there's a good chance that you're going to leave the game having underperformed in certain areas. Hence the reason the opponent is considered good.

Advertisement
I think the OP makes an interesting point. Here's the thing, I really think this is just the tip of iceberg, this team still has a loooong ways to go and will get better. I don't want a team peaking in week two( think of the 2002 team). But the fact they found a way to win vs a quality team yesterday in the manner they did, is huge

It's game 2 in a new offense against one of the best defenses in the country. Unrealistic to expect us to look like Peyton Manning and Broncos out there yesterday. Enjoy the win and watch this offense take off as they get more reps under their belt. Savannah State is coming up. You guys will see plenty of offense in that one. They have given up 77 to Georgia Southern and 66 to Troy. We may hit the 100 mark lol

I hate to pile on, but this is a horse**** thread.

One game where we show nothing. Another game where we go up against a beastly defense.

I will save my judgements for when we are in the thick of ACC play.

Advertisement
Morris didnt throw that well in the beginning last year, he got better as the season went on

Shhh! Jed Walsh was a god, and Coley's already suspect after 2 games (1 that we dominated and could have named our score; the other against a top 2 or 3 defense in college football).

Haha. Chise bringing some perspective to the crowd; smh at the self-immolators. We just played the top dline in the country, Coley was in his second game and did adjust in the 3rd quarter to the Cover 4, and he has significant room to grow. These are all good signs, believe it or not.

How about this OP is a ******..... ppl were complaining about Jedd Fisch when he was here.

When has a Jedd Fisch offense put up 21 meaningful points against a top ranked team like Florida?

Last year Miami put 20 on FSU but the last TD was in mop up duty..... so what are you *****ing about now?

I dont "miss" anybody.... i like the coaches we have now, James Coley and the offense is just trying to find a rhythm like Fisch had to do when he 1st got here, so STFU.

I hate to pile on, but this is a horse**** thread.

One game where we show nothing. Another game where we go up against a beastly defense.

I will save my judgements for when we are in the thick of ACC play.

This outside of the UF game the ACC is what it's all about. Have to win the conference this year.

This is the best win we have had since the 01 championship game. The last **** thing I am *****ing about is anything. There ain't a **** thing to ***** about, shut up and shout out, "THE CANES ARE BACK"

Advertisement
Back