Former Coaches are Missed

Gables Cane

Sophomore
I believe part of our woes on offense are attributable to all of the offseason coaching changes. Former OC Jedd Fisch is gone and replaced by James Coley. Former WR Coach George McDonald is gone and replaced by a young TE coach in Brendan Carroll. Former RB coach Terry Richardson is gone and replaced by former safety Hurlie Brown.

All three newcomers have at least two things in common. They are all excellent recruiters and they are relatively inexperienced in their respective coaching positions. The new staff could partially explain our sluggish offensive performance together with poor execution.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I think you're trippin. Enjoy the win. It was a war, and war can get ugly sometimes. A big part of offensive "woes" today were a result of playing one of the best defenses in college football. We had plenty of the same woes last year with the genius Fish when we played good defenses.

Check out our point totals vs und and KSU last year. Neither defense as good as U***s today.

I think people are feggots for finding stuff to complain about after another win.

As much as I hate those ******s, that might be a top 5 defense in the country.

No shame in what we did.

Advertisement
I think people are feggots for finding stuff to complain about after another win.

I second that. Dudes are acting like Jed Walsh was setting offensive records last year. We had a few clunkers last year against defenses nowhere near as good as uf@g's.

I miss Fisch and it's not because of the playcalling. It's because of QB development.

Advertisement
Personally I believe that's exactly what it was. Today although i was extremely happy about the win, I was so disappointed in the offense execution I failed to realize all those changes do play a big role intro production wether I want to believe we can move the ball more than two yards a whole 3rd quarter or not. I do believe as the season progresses we will see them come together a whole lot better than today. Believe it or not although Morris said the team played "very vanilla" against FAU i would have use that same tactic against the gators. Setup the run and hit them with the play actions it's simple football but sometimes you need to go to the fundamentals to establish some type of rhythm on offenses.

One statistic that stood out to me gave me hope for this offense was the run-pass ratio, I loved the balance of the offense even though it wasn't going anywhere but we stuck to a gameplan.. Thats where i believe Fisch although a great coach; just couldn't get the job done at. One game morris would have over 50 attempts of passing which i believe is ridiculous then the next 25; we never really establish any type of theme; At least with Coley we see a lot more consistency with the run pass ratio which i could live with; now the execution is be the next adjustment.

It's a legitimate observation. Despite the great win today Morris has looked awful and our WR's have been virtually non existent and/or not in sync with Morris. Fortunately we have a few weeks to work out the kinks before we begin conference play.

You guys win. Jed Walsh was a deity, and Coley sucks. I'm not getting sucked into this nonsense.

Advertisement
It's a legitimate observation. Despite the great win today Morris has looked awful and our WR's have been virtually non existent and/or not in sync with Morris. Fortunately we have a few weeks to work out the kinks before we begin conference play.

Yup. Looks like one play is called for Morris, and the receivers get a different play. Morris isn't showing me a whole lot to look forward to. They better get this passing game and run blocking improved, or North Carolina is going to rip us an entirely new sphincter.

Yup. Looks like one play is called for Morris, and the receivers get a different play. Morris isn't showing me a whole lot to look forward to. They better get this passing game and run blocking improved, or North Carolina is going to rip us an entirely new sphincter.

I am going to guess you haven't watched UNC play this year if you are worried about them of all teams we play after this win today

We won so if you want to call these excuses so be it.

Game 1 he didn't get much help from Coley. I am sure he could have also threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs if we didn't go vanilla against FAU.

UF is a tough D, he made some mistakes and some passes or route mistakes were made too. Not a great game at all but a tough opponent.

Should be interesting how he does these next 3 games against crap defenses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Folks don't understand that we beat Florida the same way Bama would've beat them.

Disagree to some extent. Bama would have found a way to get a first down or two during the 4th quarter. But, I get your point. Bama often wins ugly.

He threw a dime to Herb for a TD and also hit Dorsette deep against '' the best two corners in cfb''

Advertisement
Back