Former Canes OL coach Jeff Stoutland

Advertisement
Randy Shannon for all his flaws, had some legit coaches on his staff. Found a way to get Whipple(Always wondered what would have happened had Randy listened to Whipple about program management), had Stoutland. The problem was that it never meshed, and Randy just wasn't cut out to be the head guy. Maybe he could have learned how at a smaller school, then climbed into the Miami spot, but he was not going to make it with Miami being his first HC gig.

This thread did not disappoint at all 😂 . Congratulations to Stout

#itsabucslife 👀

I never ONCE **** on him...and again, Kehoes resume at UM is not just better...but a whole lot better....and. don't give a **** what anyone says..
Simple question super fan.

Overall (including the entirety of their careers), who is the better coach in your opinion

stoutland or kehoe?

Advertisement
Simple question super fan.

Overall (including the entirety of their careers), who is the better coach in your opinion

stoutland or kehoe?
Stoutland...but at UM...Which I said from the beginning, it's Kehoe easily. You can't be the best OL Coach there is...when you weren't even the best at your College schools. Saban sh*tcanned him...and his OL was *** raped by ND in the Sunbowl....and then again against USF. NFL....yeah Stoutland is good. But in College (which I was alluding to) he was mediocre at best. Our BEST OLs in History were coached by Kehoe. Even when he was an assistant, he worked with the OLmen more than the Head OL Coach. Go look who he sent to the NFL in comparison....also...after Stoutland left UM...Kehoe took over his OL and did a whole lot better. Go ask Duke Johnson....

Last edited:
Stoutland...but at UM...Which I said from the beginning, it's Kehoe easily. You can't be the best OL Coach there is...when you weren't even the best at your College schools. Saban sh*tcanned him...and his OL was *** raped by ND in the Sunbowl....and then again against USF. NFL....yeah Stoutland is good. But in College (which I was alluding to) he was mediocre at best. Our BEST OLs in History were coached by Kehoe. Even when he was an assistant, he worked with the OLmen more than the Head OL Coach. Go look who he sent to the NFL in comparison....also...after Stoutland left UM...Kehoe took over his OL and did a whole lot better. Go ask Duke Johnson....
Lol Saban never fired him, Chip Kelly went after him with big money when he built his first Eagles staff. Saban tried to hire him back with a massive offer two years ago but he said no and then turned a 7th rd pick from Australia who never played football before draft day into a $64 million LT

Advertisement
He was during his tenure at UM...that's irrefutable....His OL got Destroyed vs ND in the Sun bowl...and was curbstomped vs USF causing Onion to be fired...his recruiting at UM was toilet water.
respectfully, I think it's fair to say championships and recruiting resumes were heavily influenced by who they were coaching under and the relative state of the program at the time.

respectfully, I think it's fair to say championships and recruiting resumes were heavily influenced by who they were coaching under and the relative state of the program at the time.
The relative state of the program from 95-98???....C'mon....It was MUCH harder from 95-98 to coach and recruit those yrs, than what Stoutland had to deal with. Look at the Garbage (besides KC Jones) that Erickson left us in regards to OL talent.

The relative state of the program from 95-98???....C'mon....It was MUCH harder from 95-98 to coach and recruit those yrs, than what Stoutland had to deal with. Look at the Garbage (besides KC Jones) that Erickson left us in regards to OL talent.
I'm talking about the recruiting prowess of the HC and direction of the program if you win 5NC. Seems like recruiting on a whole for Randy and Golden was a lot different than recruiting around 5NC seasons.

Advertisement
1670279663958.png

All this tells me is that Art spent more time at UM, but it ignores the why-- when he was looking for a job, the best he got was Olé Miss. Arts recruiting and evaluations also sucked the down the stretch, too many projects and whiffs-- We actually started Jon Rochford and Brandon Sebald.

Advertisement
All this tells me is that Art spent more time at UM, but it ignores the why-- when he was looking for a job, the best he got was Olé Miss. Arts recruiting and evaluations also sucked the down the stretch, too many projects and whiffs-- We actually started Jon Rochford and Brandon Sebald.
That's not on Art....Coker and Golden handcuffed him to death. Kehoe and Tony Wise are without question the two best OL Coaches in UM History. Wise's resume sh*ts on Stoutlands both in CFB and the NFL....Kehoes sh*ts on Stoutlands in CFB.

Advertisement
Back