Former Canes OL coach Jeff Stoutland

Advertisement
I forgot more about UM FB and CFB than you'll ever comprehend....Kehoe coached more quality OLmen....More Award winning OLmen...more NFL picks...and more 1st round OLmen than Stoutland has....
But his second time around w/Golden wasn’t as good.

tenor-4193085264.gif

Advertisement
Name the Great and AA OLmen that Stoutland coached at UM??...not only that, his recruiting was Garbage at UM...
This is what OP wrote that I agreed with:

Jeff Stoutland is in the running for assistant Coach of the Year in the NFL. He coached our OL here under Randy Shannon from 2007-2010. I thought that was interesting news. He is an outstanding coach.

Keho was the man here. I never disagreed with you on that nor was I saying Stoutland is better than Keho or anyone at UM.

My bad your right.But threw him in there anyways cause he was my neighbor when he was in Key West….and he was a pretty good Dline coach.
The late Chris Vagotis was the OL Coach...Harold Allen and Butch Davis are the 2 best DL coaches in UM History

Advertisement
I'm very close to former UM Nosetackle Tony Fitzpatrick...he worshiped Harold Allen.

Coach Allen as I’ve always known and called him brought a bunch of players from KW to Miami….Bill Trout , Mike Rodriquez,and I think George and Joe Mira were there about the time he was there so I’m sure he had a hand in them also.I know I’m forgetting a bunch of others but that happens when you get old..lol

Advertisement
But the QBs were running for their lives, if I recall correctly.
C'mon man....Don't blame Kehoe for Goldens failures as a HC....Our OLs have been putrid since Kehoe left....5 NCs as an assistant and OL coach...ask any Great OLman that played under Kehoe, as I have...and listen to their response. Ask @Brooklyndee who played at UM when Kehoe was the OL coach....Players LOVED him.

Advertisement
Coach Allen as I’ve always known and called him brought a bunch of players from KW to Miami….Bill Trout , Mike Rodriquez,and I think George and Joe Mira were there about the time he was there so I’m sure he had a hand in them also.I know I’m forgetting a bunch of others but that happens when you get old..lol
Lou Sabans last class is the REAL reason UM FB took off....he often gets overlooked unfairly....he left Schnelly with alot to work with...don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Jeff Stoutland is in the running for assistant Coach of the Year in the NFL. He coached our OL here under Randy Shannon from 2007-2010. I thought that was interesting news. He is an outstanding coach.
Saban all but ran him out of Tuscaloosa. Yes, Stoutland is a solid position coach. But he will be remembered for halfback pass in the Sun Bowl as interim head coach.

He does have an incredible amount of talent to work with in Philly.

Better suited for pro game.

Last edited:
Lou Sabans last class is the REAL reason UM FB took off....he often gets overlooked unfairly....he left Schnelly with alot to work with...don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

He’s the one coach I always mention when the hey day of Miami football is talked about.Schnelly did open up a lot of the local areas but Saban left the cupboard full when he left…

C'mon man....Don't blame Kehoe for Goldens failures as a HC....Our OLs have been putrid since Kehoe left....5 NCs as an assistant and OL coach...ask any Great OLman that played under Kehoe, as I have...and listen to their response. Ask @Brooklyndee who played at UM when Kehoe was the OL coach....Players LOVED him.
Ok. I’ll stand down. But I have very painful memories of the OL that second time around.
He did coach one of the best OLs in CFB history during his first stint. Do I recall correctly that Dorsey was only sacked 4 times in 2001 or 2002?

Advertisement
Back