For what its worth...

cane22

Recruit
Talked to someone a couple days ago. He said he expected coordinators in "2 to 3 days" Now he didn't specify OC/DC or both. It was a general statement. He said Stewart is going to be tough to pull from A&M. They are offering him the "world". Street agents in general are a big problem with some recruits. Didn't say Stewart but kinda alluded to it. Said he expected 12-13 HS kids in this class. But could hit on 1 or 2 more than that. Said focus is obviously making in-roads with all the 23's now. He also said expect a lot of portal help. Like as many as 18. Also expect dudes to leave after spring. But thats not a surprise. Had good things to say about Danny Miaz. Said good dude. Said Mario's got a plan and it is an in depth and detailed plan for all aspects of the program.
This isn't earth shattering stuff. IDGAF whether you believe me or not. I don't know anyone on here. Been on for a while. Mostly lurking. But through my job I ran into this dude who was very cool and as close as you can be when it comes to knowledge inside the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Talked to someone a couple days ago. He said he expected coordinators in "2 to 3 days" Now he didn't specify OC/DC or both. It was a general statement. He said Stewart is going to be tough to pull from A&M. They are offering him the "world". Street agents in general are a big problem with some recruits. Didn't say Stewart but kinda alluded to it. Said he expected 12-13 HS kids in this class. But could hit on 1 or 2 more than that. Said focus is obviously making in-roads with all the 23's now. He also said expect a lot of portal help. Like as many as 18. Also expect dudes to leave after spring. But thats not a surprise. Had good things to say about Danny Miaz. Said good dude. Said Mario's got a plan and it is an in depth and detailed plan for all aspects of the program.
This isn't earth shattering stuff. IDGAF whether you believe me or not. I don't know anyone on here. Been on for a while. Mostly lurking. But through my job I ran into this dude who was very cool and as close as you can be when it comes to knowledge inside the program.
That would suck if we couldn’t keep Stewart home! We still may have a shot this weekend if he visits.

Im pretty sure everything you mentioned has been said here before except the part about manny I thought he was the devil after reading the board

The way I look at it, the more they push for kids like Stewart, it drives up the price the other program has to pay if he doesn't come to Miami.

Which in turn gets Jimbo fired quicker once he wins 7 games with a 30 million dollar recruiting class. Then boosters ain’t going to play around with him after spending this kind of money on a class

Advertisement
As to Manny, "good dude" and successful coach are often mutually exclusive.

100%. Manny was a guy I'd have a beer with for sure. Loves this city and community. I ran into Golden and some of the other coaches in a hotel lobby during his tenure. Just a super nice guy. Seemed really smart too (unlike Coley who seemed like a lughead tbh). We all know how that ended. Nice and smart are 2 of 50 qualities it takes to be a successful HC.

Advertisement
I have always been against the Manny hire, but I will credit him for pulling in 2, possibly 3 legit talented QBs.

Advertisement
The source only thinks we're gonna close with 2 or 3 guys ? That would be surprising. I do definitely think we'll bring in a wave of guys after spring via portal though.

Wait a second. You talked to him a couple of days ago, and we should expect coordinators in 2 or 3 days. Is that 2 or 3 days from when he told you this, or 2 or 3 days from when you posted this? Cause he's late if it's the former.

Who cares if Manny is a good dude? Saban's an *******.

Advertisement
Back