For what its worth...

Manny came into a job that was way over his head - but he tried.

I never faulted a man who tried and failed - at least he tried. He should have never been offered that job and placed in that position - just like a few coaches before him. Manny had not paid his dues - he had no credible growth and experience to rely on - and in retrospect - that's apparent.

Mario has been there - done that. That's the difference.
Manny will never grow into an elite cfb HC no matter how hard he tries

Advertisement
Talked to someone a couple days ago. He said he expected coordinators in "2 to 3 days" Now he didn't specify OC/DC or both. It was a general statement. He said Stewart is going to be tough to pull from A&M. They are offering him the "world". Street agents in general are a big problem with some recruits. Didn't say Stewart but kinda alluded to it. Said he expected 12-13 HS kids in this class. But could hit on 1 or 2 more than that. Said focus is obviously making in-roads with all the 23's now. He also said expect a lot of portal help. Like as many as 18. Also expect dudes to leave after spring. But thats not a surprise. Had good things to say about Danny Miaz. Said good dude. Said Mario's got a plan and it is an in depth and detailed plan for all aspects of the program.
This isn't earth shattering stuff. IDGAF whether you believe me or not. I don't know anyone on here. Been on for a while. Mostly lurking. But through my job I ran into this dude who was very cool and as close as you can be when it comes to knowledge inside the program.
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Talked to someone a couple days ago. He said he expected coordinators in "2 to 3 days" Now he didn't specify OC/DC or both. It was a general statement. He said Stewart is going to be tough to pull from A&M. They are offering him the "world". Street agents in general are a big problem with some recruits. Didn't say Stewart but kinda alluded to it. Said he expected 12-13 HS kids in this class. But could hit on 1 or 2 more than that. Said focus is obviously making in-roads with all the 23's now. He also said expect a lot of portal help. Like as many as 18. Also expect dudes to leave after spring. But thats not a surprise. Had good things to say about Danny Miaz. Said good dude. Said Mario's got a plan and it is an in depth and detailed plan for all aspects of the program.
This isn't earth shattering stuff. IDGAF whether you believe me or not. I don't know anyone on here. Been on for a while. Mostly lurking. But through my job I ran into this dude who was very cool and as close as you can be when it comes to knowledge inside the program.
👆Alex Mirabal's CIS account.

Prove me wrong.

miniGif_20210130163759.gif

Manny will never grow into an elite cfb HC no matter how hard he tries

Elite coaches are as rare as bird teeth.

Usually 5-6 at most - any given time. For decades this has been true.

I never said he'd become elite - but if he works his way through the progressions - he could become a good coach for someone.

And it's not like UM was an elite program - well - since Butch left.

Advertisement
John Candy Reaction GIF

Inside the program doesnt mw

I never said he'd become elite - but if he works his way through the progressions - he could become a good coach for someone.

Manny has no HC qualities. He is fraudulent and has a napoleon complex.

Advertisement

A person could argue that there is a lot more elite coaches out there than people know. I think it would be more fair to say there is 5 or 6 elite "programs".
If Saban never leaves Mich State or if Jimmy never leaves OSU would anybody have ever recognized them as elite coaches?

Advertisement
A person could argue that there is a lot more elite coaches out there than people know. I think it would be more fair to say there is 5 or 6 elite "programs".
If Saban never leaves Mich State or if Jimmy never leaves OSU would anybody have ever recognized them as elite coaches?

Elite ANYTHING are limited. Has to do with genetics and drive.

WHY did Saban leave Michigan State? WHY did Jimmy leave OSU?

Elite ANYTHING are limited. Has to do with genetics and drive.

WHY did Saban leave Michigan State? WHY did Jimmy leave OSU?
Sure I get that - but is Matt Campbell elite? Maybe, maybe not. I doubt we will ever consider him at an elite level if he stays at ISU. If he goes to somewhere like Ohio State people would call him elite in a hurry. Ohio State is an elite program and most competent coaches will look great there.
Ok so we use to say Miami made coaches great. And we did for a long time - Erickson looked Elite at Miami - not so much afterwards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back