For those of you that bag on Badgley all the time...

Advertisement
One of the broadcast teams this year said he has the strongest leg in college football.

Advertisement
Sorry, but I am choosing Sievers over everyone not named Huerta just based on the sheer size of his nuts

That kick he made to send the Fiesta game into OT is the most clutch kick in Miami history. The pressure he had on him to make that kick was crazy.

This kick alone launches him to #2 in my book

Bosher was better than Badgley. Badgley is better than Sievers. You are right that we have had far worse kickers. He has been great kicking FG since week two, but he has to get dinged for the missed extra points too.

Seivers is the best we've had since Huerta. Badgley is getting close.

Seivers hit under 70% on FGs for his career. Bosher was close to 85% and Badgley is over 80%. On XPs Bosher was 98% and Badgley is at 95% while Sievers was slightly lower at 94%. I tend to overrate Sievers myself without looking at the numbers. Probably because of when he played for us. Those teams were actually, you know, good.

I didn't have those numbers handy, thanks. For Seivers, his stregth was his leg. I don't recall he was that inaccurate but what I do recall is his ability to hit long FGs and his adept ability to control his kickoffs - he could kick for distance, he could direcitonally kick, he could sky it with extra hang time.

Bosher was surprisingly accurate but I don't recall that he had a strong kickoff leg, or is my memory deceiving me?

Advertisement
Bosher was better than Badgley. Badgley is better than Sievers. You are right that we have had far worse kickers. He has been great kicking FG since week two, but he has to get dinged for the missed extra points too.

Seivers hit under 70% on FGs for his career. Bosher was close to 85% and Badgley is over 80%. On XPs Bosher was 98% and Badgley is at 95% while Sievers was slightly lower at 94%. I tend to overrate Sievers myself without looking at the numbers. Probably because of when he played for us. Those teams were actually, you know, good.

I didn't have those numbers handy, thanks. For Seivers, his stregth was his leg. I don't recall he was that inaccurate but what I do recall is his ability to hit long FGs and his adept ability to control his kickoffs - he could kick for distance, he could direcitonally kick, he could sky it with extra hang time.

Bosher was surprisingly accurate but I don't recall that he had a strong kickoff leg, or is my memory deceiving me?

He didn't but he didnt need one as he would decapitate anyone who thought about returning a kick fof a TD. Guy was a savage.

Agree on Sievers leg. And he was really good his first two years, but had an abysmal Senior year missing about ten kicks which drags his numbers down.

Sorry, but I am choosing Sievers over everyone not named Huerta just based on the sheer size of his nuts

That kick he made to send the Fiesta game into OT is the most clutch kick in Miami history. The pressure he had on him to make that kick was crazy.

This kick alone launches him to #2 in my book

One of the many "last plays of the game" in that one.
What was the total time from when he trotted out on to the field to when he kicked it? About 5 minutes?
Huge balls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back