For those of you that bag on Badgley all the time...

mbuendia

Freshman
Dudes the best kicker we've had maybe since Huerta. Only one that is comparable is Sievers and maybe Bosher although Bosher was a better athlete/tackler obviously.

He's a NFL kicker IMO. 17 for 17 from 40-49 yards in his career is Aguayo type stuff. He may act like a jersey douche sometimes but when he lines up for a field goal he absolutely crushes the ball and thankfully we have him 1 more year.

Advertisement
Agreed. The guy is extremely talented.

You appreciate how good he is when you see big-time, big money programs that hold their breath for anything between 40-49.

Bosher was better than Badgley. Badgley is better than Sievers. You are right that we have had far worse kickers. He has been great kicking FG since week two, but he has to get dinged for the missed extra points too.

Last edited:
Bosher was better than Badgley. Badgley is better than Sievers. You are right that we have had far worse kickers. He has been great kicking FG since week two, but he has to get dinged for the missed extra points too.

Seivers is the best we've had since Huerta. Badgley is getting close.

Advertisement

Seivers is the best we've had since Huerta. Badgley is getting close.

Seivers hit under 70% on FGs for his career. Bosher was close to 85% and Badgley is over 80%. On XPs Bosher was 98% and Badgley is at 95% while Sievers was slightly lower at 94%. I tend to overrate Sievers myself without looking at the numbers. Probably because of when he played for us. Those teams were actually, you know, good.

Sievers had a huge 2001 (4 fgs in a 26=24 win over VA Tech)) and made clutch 40 something yard fg to send Fiasco Bowl into OT, so I'm going to go with him over Badgely right now. Badgely definitely is an extremely talented kicker and his kickoffs this year have been great.

Our punters and kickers the past 5-6 years have been great, unfortunately that's about it.

It's funny that we've always had above average kickers during our decade-long swoon.

Even our worse kickers during that stretch (e.g. Zampogna) are better than most of the guys Bama and Florida have trotted out there.

Advertisement
It's funny that we've always had above average kickers during our decade-long swoon.

Even our worse kickers during that stretch (e.g. Zampogna) are better than most of the guys Bama and Florida have trotted out there.

Our punters have been ridiculous. Bosher and O'Donnell got drafted, Vogel is excellent and Botts was a good player.

Advertisement
Not a fan of any player laughing on the sidelines at the end of Va Tech game. If I was the coach he would be off the team.

Folden was a master in recruiting the kick game. Almost a **** savant.

Badgley is a **** good kicker. We'll miss Jersey Mike when he's gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back