For Those B!tching About Jon Richt

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Freakin' relax. Can you please just realize that we got a 3-4-1 with his father...the head coach...the OC.....AND the real QB Coach? Can you please realize that it's absurd to make the analogy to D'onofrio and regurgitate the line about "not hiring someone you can't fire" when Papa Richt will essentially be doing the job WITH JR? Can you also realize that at least JR went out on his own for a year in the NFL (unlike some other father/son tandems) and that bringing him here very well could have been part of the sales pitch to actually land Papa Richt? Is it 1000% ideal to use that spot as a nepotism hire? No. But is it a complete real world non-detriment to do so? Yes. If the QB play sucks it won't be JR that we'll blame. It'll be the HC and I'm sure Mark Richt is fine with that. End rant. Carry on.

Advertisement
Freakin' relax. Can you please just realize that we got a 3-4-1 with his father...the head coach...the OC.....AND the real QB Coach? Can you please realize that it's absurd to make the analogy to D'onofrio and regurgitate the line about "not hiring someone you can't fire" when Papa Richt will essentially be doing the job WITH JR? Can you also realize that at least JR went out on his own for a year in the NFL (unlike some other father/son tandems) and that bringing him here very well could have been part of the sales pitch to actually land Papa Richt? Is it 1000% ideal to use that spot as a nepotism hire? No. But is it a complete real world non-detriment to do so? Yes. If the QB play sucks it won't be JR that we'll blame. It'll be the HC and I'm sure Mark Richt is fine with that. End rant. Carry on.

Gotta get the ball rolling on the Fire[next coach] campaign, Tad.

Art Bryles' son has been pretty good at Baylor.

Yep and he's been attached to his daddy's leg at every chance possible. Played for him in high school, immediately transferred to Houston when he got the job there and now has been at Baylor the entire time. At the very least, JR went his own way in college and even separated shortly during his coaching career.

If that is HONESTLY the case, then that is the point that upsets people. If Jon Richt is really dead weight.....wtf is he doing on staff? If he's actually a good coach then sure but peoples skepticism is warranted imo.

Advertisement
Patience is not something you find too often on CiS... I agree 100% with what ur asking for tho... Give the guy time to earn his stripes... It's not like we need him to be an offensive guru

Go Canes!

Last edited:

If that is HONESTLY the case, then that is the point that upsets people. If Jon Richt is really dead weight.....wtf is he doing on staff? If he's actually a good coach then sure but peoples skepticism is warranted imo.

That's kinda the point though along with it being such a small issue to be rustled about. People DON'T know if he's a good coach or not but it's almost of no concern because his Dad, a proven coach of QBs, is going to be extremely involved in that aspect of our team. Maybe that's exactly why Mark Richt didn't want to hire someone else for that job? Like I said, we're essentially getting a 3-4-1 with our HC so even the numbers argument of "Well that spot could have gone to another proven guy to coach LB's or something..." doesn't even hold much water.

GTFOH with common sense and logic

Well he's obviously out recruiting, so theres that.

Advertisement

Well he's obviously out recruiting, so theres that.

With ZERO proven recruiting abilities. Listen....I'm not even upset with the hire, but to say that others shouldn't be "sceptical" is being a little over the top the other way.

Fact of the matter is we'll never know if the guy is truly the goods or if his daddy is covering up for his deficiencies. That's the whole point of the debate. For every Kendal Briles there is ten Jeff Bowdens. Plenty of room for concern for hiring a coach that is "unfireable & impossible to evaluate".

I support JR and the hire of JR...with that said...
Would you rather have Michael Barrow or J.Richt?

Advertisement

We already have a LB coach.

I am not a supporter of this hire, but I am not willing to condemn the elder Richt yet.

I think it is clear that it would have been possible to hire a more proven QB coach or simply hire a real tight ends coach and keep Hartley as ST/Recruiting Coordinator. It is hard for me to see how this is much of an upgrade over if say we had Coley demoted to a QB coach and was just told to recruit.

If it is indeed the case that the elder Richt will be so hands on with QBs, why not hire a proven recruiter there or add a real TE coach to the staff.

With that being said it is possible the the younger Richt turns out to be a good coach and recruiter, at which point I would gladly say I am wrong.

We already have a LB coach.

We also have a QB coach already.

Advertisement
Richt hired a guy he can't fire to hold his clipboard. Shut down the program! It's exactly like hiring an incompetent DC or OC that you can't fire.

bottom line is QB coach and OC are going to be closely directed by Mark. He said so when he took over the job. High profile guys dont want that shiat. So you got two guys coach believes in and knows he can work with without them crying like the biatches on this site do.

Advertisement
Back