For those asking about the grass in the new stadium

Weed Tolerance?

Usually great because of what it's watered with: salt or brackish water. If weeds do pop up, they can be treated with salt for elimination. The big thing with the previous paspalums has been disease. But with this type(PlatinumTE), they're saying not as prone to disease. IMO, that will be what to watch for.

Advertisement
How is it for speed? Our old OB turf was kept very, very short to enhance speed of players and give bigger advantage from our speed. The cow pasture are Joe Robbie did the opposite.

The grass can be mowed below .125 inch which is probably a lot shorter than they'll need for a football field.

Haven't played(golf) on this type of paspalum yet, but the seashore type was aggressive growing. Have also heard of this being used at several courses for greens, not only for the saltwater or brackish use, but that it can take a pounding.

I haven't played on it either. I was an assistant superintendent here in Charleston at a 27 hole course when the Ocean Course out on Kiawah Island went to paspalum and it was a pretty big deal for them to change out their greens. I got to check it out up close at the PGA Championship in 2012 right after I left the business. I don't even have an opinion but the water it tolerates is a pretty big deal. I've also read that it can take a pounding and that a lot of times you don't even have to fix a ball mark on the greens. I always thought that had to do with green construction but it's starting to sound like it might be the grass.

untitled-5_0.jpg

Advertisement
Here is how it looks at 1:30pm local time. Looks like more panels needs to go in, but probably waiting until the last mintues so the sunlight can come in for the grass.

1330.jpg

Last edited:
I heard all these images being circulated are fraudulent. Dolphins brass paid to have lights and turf photoshopped into these pictures just to provide fodder to amateur landscape architects and lighting technicians on messageboards. They were motivated by the previous efforts of the junior structural engineering crowd.

That said, I just put some artificial turf in my backyard. Old school baby. Three Rivers Stadium/Astrodome blend. You blow out both knees just walking on the ****.

I heard all these images being circulated are fraudulent. Dolphins brass paid to have lights and turf photoshopped into these pictures just to provide fodder to amateur landscape architects and lighting technicians on messageboards. They were motivated by the previous efforts of the junior structural engineering crowd.

That said, I just put some artificial turf in my backyard. Old school baby. Three Rivers Stadium/Astrodome blend. You blow out both knees just walking on the ****.

"Not the Vet?" - Wendell Davis

Advertisement

Haha. I tried but the entire inventory was stained with Lenny Dykstra chaw juice.

I put that Vet turf up around my house like a mote. You can't get past all those seams without tearing both knees to shreds.

Grass is already pretty much dead. These guys could **** up a cup of coffee.

8956_archive_20160805104500_O4V9vVEI.jpg

Nobody noticed the only human posing in this picture? He is standing seemingly without a tether on the frame of the canopy. I can tell with some degree of certainty, that this guy is not afraid of heights like me :sanford:

Nobody noticed the only human posing in this picture? He is standing seemingly without a tether on the frame of the canopy. I can tell with some degree of certainty, that this guy is not afraid of heights like me :sanford:

That's Mark Richt, showing he's on top of things.

Advertisement
Question:

In previous renderings, the canopy went to the edge of the frame. Is that not going to be the case? Makes it look like the main areas covered are upper deck and a portion of the Club seats.

Advertisement

Trump showing us how high the wall will be.

Fred G. Sanford. The "G" stands for grass.

Question:

In previous renderings, the canopy went to the edge of the frame. Is that not going to be the case? Makes it look like the main areas covered are upper deck and a portion of the Club seats.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIsPJwQjacl/

[TWEET]761219414037524480[/TWEET]

That ETFE which isn't completely installed will be what goes to the edge of the frame.

Thank you. Seems odd. The original renderings with the canopy going to the edge were exciting. The place looked like a dungeon.

Advertisement
Back